Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually just got off the phone with Katie at Glossybox and she really stressed that the February box is "amazing". So we will see.
smile.gif

Does anyone know of any promo codes available? I have a few friends interested in subscribing and was looking for any deals. I know JewelMint is offering a subscription but I think it's just the normal price though.

I'm also subscribed to PopSugar and in a previous month's box they included a free credit for StyleMint. I ended up getting 2 pieces from JewelMint, with my credit, and LOVED them. The quality was so much better than what was sent out in the Glossybox last month. I was reading the JewelMint/GlossyBox deal and it seems like you'd just be signing up for a normal GlossyBox sub, right? I'm not seeing that there is going to be anything with JewelMint included with it.

I too go the jewelmint Glossy Box email. I think Jewelmint is super cheap crap....plus they must be stupid to go with Glossybox, because they keep messing up. There are no posts about the team up, it came via email to those registered with JewelMint and Glossybox.  I love subscriptions, and enjoy most of my products, but Glossybox is a hassel. My favorite is the Glambag from Ipsy, and PopSugar.......

I buy jewelmint mystery boxes from time to time and of course subbed to glossy so I got this email but thought it was strange that jewelmint is selling glossy sub with no real partnership, I would at least expect them to include some of their stuff in glossybox; odd!

Originally Posted by stylishmomofnw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I buy jewelmint mystery boxes from time to time and of course subbed to glossy so I got this email but thought it was strange that jewelmint is selling glossy sub with no real partnership, I would at least expect them to include some of their stuff in glossybox; odd!
Yeah, that sounds totally strange. It doesn't benefit unless they slip like a coupon or something in there. A girl can dream... and rather pick her own jewelry (after receiving those tacky leftover rings). lol

Unless it is the Canadian box.

They just send out expired items and things you can get at the dollar store.

not being sarcastic either.

Dec was bad with most people getting a expired in 2005 Avon eyeshadow and a Revlon nail polish that was damaged and 5 years old and dried out.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

An international theme could be interesting. I THINK the first box had products from around the world right? I liked that box. I love trying new stuff I've never used or seen, or can't afford.
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unless it is the Canadian box.

They just send out expired items and things you can get at the dollar store.

not being sarcastic either.

Dec was bad with most people getting a expired in 2005 Avon eyeshadow and a Revlon nail polish that was damaged and 5 years old and dried out.
No, that would be awful! I don't think that would be the case with US GB. They have bad customer service, but the products are always great. The first box was international themed too I'm pretty sure. I remember a British lipstick (Burberry), Amore Pacific (Korean I think?), Phyto hair product (France), Marvis toothpaste (Italy), and Zoya (USA).

Despite the January shipping cluster-f***, I kind of want to get myself a February box. Just to try it once. I'm not sure if it will be worth the aggravation, but I can't resist international brands that I can't find here...

Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Despite the January shipping cluster-f***, I kind of want to get myself a February box. Just to try it once. I'm not sure if it will be worth the aggravation, but I can't resist international brands that I can't find here...

I'm soo torn! Do I sign up and miss out (again) on a great box? Or sign up and get screwed over by GB?! Why, Glossybox, why?!?!

Cashed in my dots for this one, so I hope they don't screw it up and charge me. And, I hope it's a good box...since it'll be my last.

I would totally be okay if they re-sampled the Marvis toothpaste - loved that stuff!

So I'm looking at my Glossydots page to see about redeeming mine, but it says "You do not have any active subscriptions. To get started with Glossydots, go ahead and shop now!" I know I have enough dots, and my 3-month sub says "active" next to it over on my "Manage subscriptions" page. Anyone else have a similar situation?

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I'm looking at my Glossydots page to see about redeeming mine, but it says "You do not have any active subscriptions. To get started with Glossydots, go ahead and shop now!" I know I have enough dots, and my 3-month sub says "active" next to it over on my "Manage subscriptions" page. Anyone else have a similar situation?
I remember a while ago, some ladies were having trouble...I think we came to the conclusion that you have to have an active monthly subscription, so if you have a 3 or more month sub, you won't be able to redeem them (unless you sign up for monthly once it runs out) The site has changed, but I know back then, the girls couldn't see the redeem button at all, but those of us with a monthly sub could.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I remember a while ago, some ladies were having trouble...I think we came to the conclusion that you have to have an active monthly subscription, so if you have a 3 or more month sub, you won't be able to redeem them (unless you sign up for monthly once it runs out) The site has changed, but I know back then, the girls couldn't see the redeem button at all, but those of us with a monthly sub could.
Ohhh! Then I may go ahead and switch to monthly when this 3-month is up so I can redeem my darn dots! Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

uuuuugh, I finally signed up.  The "International" themed box got me.  I *swear* though, just one box.  

Yes,

I look at the US boxes and would be tempted to sign up as I have a US address.

But am trying to spend less now.

I still have a Test Tube sub and Beautyfix and spend too much at Dermstore and on other cosmetic sites...so I really need to cut back.

Also, somewhat unrelated but I spent a ton on dance classes- bought a 1 year membership at a studio near me....$1,300 for the year ....plus a couple hundred more on drop-in classes at another dance school.

I have to cut back somewhere for now.....

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, that would be awful! I don't think that would be the case with US GB. They have bad customer service, but the products are always great. The first box was international themed too I'm pretty sure. I remember a British lipstick (Burberry), Amore Pacific (Korean I think?), Phyto hair product (France), Marvis toothpaste (Italy), and Zoya (USA).

Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes,

I look at the US boxes and would be tempted to sign up as I have a US address.

But am trying to spend less now.

I still have a Test Tube sub and Beautyfix and spend too much at Dermstore and on other cosmetic sites...so I really need to cut back.

Also, somewhat unrelated but I spent a ton on dance classes- bought a 1 year membership at a studio near me....$1,300 for the year ....plus a couple hundred more on drop-in classes at another dance school.

I have to cut back somewhere for now.....
Completely and totally understandable! These subs really add up! Dermstore has quite a few of my dollars as well. LOL

Latest posts

Back