Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

uuuuugh, I finally signed up.  The "International" themed box got me.  I *swear* though, just one box.  
I feel the same way!  I'm torn because I don't want to deal with them again, but on the other hand the January box rocked my socks off once it finally arrived.  Supposedly, my name was put on a list so that I can get my February box as my free one for signing up with the Cosmo code, but I just don't trust them to actually do this.  I even said on the phone to the representative, "Can I write your name down or can you give me some sort of proof that we had this conversation?"  I'm considering signing up for just one more month and then gifting the February box to a friend if they follow through and actually send it...

OF COURSE they have to tempt me with the International theme.  I was an International Studies major, go figure! 

Glossybox just posted this pic as their cover photo on FB... maybe a hint as to what countries the products are coming from?

If it's too small to see, the countries are Germany, France, Japan, Italy, and USA!

Glossybox just posted this pic as their cover photo on FB... maybe a hint as to what countries the products are coming from?

If it's too small to see, the countries are Germany, France, Japan, Italy, and USA!
Oooooh!  I hope so!  I'd be especially excited for France and Japan!

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooooh!  I hope so!  I'd be especially excited for France and Japan!
YES!  Although I'm wondering what exciting beauty products are from Italy and Germany... and why, in an international box, is there a USA product???

Originally Posted by lisak0417 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel the same way!  I'm torn because I don't want to deal with them again, but on the other hand the January box rocked my socks off once it finally arrived.  Supposedly, my name was put on a list so that I can get my February box as my free one for signing up with the Cosmo code, but I just don't trust them to actually do this.  I even said on the phone to the representative, "Can I write your name down or can you give me some sort of proof that we had this conversation?"  I'm considering signing up for just one more month and then gifting the February box to a friend if they follow through and actually send it...

OF COURSE they have to tempt me with the International theme.  I was an International Studies major, go figure! 
Yay!  I was a Diplomacy & Foreign Affairs major (I think they were just trying to be fancy with the name), so yeah... totally sucked in by that.   I am totally hoping I can just get this one box and get out without any issues!

YES!  Although I'm wondering what exciting beauty products are from Italy and Germany... and why, in an international box, is there a USA product???

Yay!  I was a Diplomacy & Foreign Affairs major (I think they were just trying to be fancy with the name), so yeah... totally sucked in by that.   I am totally hoping I can just get this one box and get out without any issues!
I doubt they are using it again, but the Marvis toothpaste was from Italy in the first international box. Just a heads up because I wouldn't have expected toothpaste in the box but I really liked it!

I googled beauty companies in Germany and noticed Wella is headquartered there.  GB has had Wella in a box before. I wouldn't mind another Wella product. I really liked it.

I just got an e-mail from Glossybox that said, "Hurry, free blush with any purchase."  When I opened my e-mail there was nothing there... Anyone else get this?

Ohhh! Then I may go ahead and switch to monthly when this 3-month is up so I can redeem my darn dots! Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hi Jess, Someone on the January thread gave advice about redeeming glossy dots with an expired subscription. All I did was go to my monthly subscription, i clicked to reactivate then i chose the 1 month sub. lIt took me to the page where I would usually enter my payment info and there was a spot where you could click on apply glossydots. It shows under my orders as a payment success. Hope this helps you :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got an e-mail from Glossybox that said, "Hurry, free blush with any purchase."  When I opened my e-mail there was nothing there... Anyone else get this?
The code is blush2013 :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Are codes like the blush2013 only good if you're just signing up or gifting a box? I've had a sub since this past summer, but I'd love to have a freebie with February's box since the wait for January's was crazy!

Hi Jess, Someone on the January thread gave advice about redeeming glossy dots with an expired subscription. All I did was go to my monthly subscription, i clicked to reactivate then i chose the 1 month sub. lIt took me to the page where I would usually enter my payment info and there was a spot where you could click on apply glossydots. It shows under my orders as a payment success. Hope this helps you :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Awesome! Thank you for the tip - I will definitely be trying this! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We got Wella in one of the boxes this summer. This is what was in my box, smaller of course.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2230368&productId=xlsImpprod4450611&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat190010

They apparently are headquartered in Germany. I loved the way it smelled.

ETA: I would consider Wella mid-range price wise. On Ulta.com prices are $12-$26.
I see :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I guess the products in the US are better XD I'm used to Wella being really cheap XD Don't know how good it is though, because I don't really use their stuff.

That's the only Wella product I've used. I like it, but not enough to reorder. I wouldn't mind trying new stuff. I find hair care weird though because everyone's hair is so different! The companies are bound to anger the masses with these products. Hair oils seem pretty universal though and that's probably why we get them a lot!

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The code is blush2013
biggrin.gif
Thanks for that!  I just signed up for this box, and I really hope that I don't regret it.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Isn't Wella super cheap though? Do you mean Weleda? 
No; there is a salon version. Glossybox sampled it in July. Many brands here that are lower end are different in other countries.

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No; there is a salon version. Glossybox sampled it in July. Many brands here that are lower end are different in other countries.
Yeah my ex's uncle owned a salon in Manhattan and they sold Wella there and it was definitely not cheap.

Back