Glossybox July

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by LauraBrooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif that they almost always side with the buyer.

I am always the buyer.
So, you really don't have a dog in this fight, because other people are speaking as having poor experiences as sellers. 

Souly, I have seen your jewelry on your blog, and it's gorgeous. Big statement stones aren't cheap! 

Originally Posted by onthecontrary /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, you really don't have a dog in this fight, because other people are speaking as having poor experiences as sellers. 

Souly, I have seen your jewelry on your blog, and it's gorgeous. Big statement stones aren't cheap! 
Awww, thanks
icon_redface.gif

Yikes, it's really not anyone's place to question your craftmanship or talent. I think you should charge sky high lol, because it's called supply and demand! BTW, I had a peek as well and they are quite nice.

If anyone has canceled by email, I would suggest calling them because last week I got an email saying my account was canceled yet I still got charged for Julys box and when I called them they said no one ever canceled my account. They said I would get a refund and it was canceled but we will see if I get the refund and hopefully no charges next month.

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope due to this early charge their going to have Nars and Chanel in this box!
That would be fantastic! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have a mascara they don't want? I have a trade list. I got the shadow but wanted the mascara.

I haven't gotten my box yet, but I am super in love with the mascara I already have and would love a trade if that's what I get.  What color shadow did you get?

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think this has gotten a little out of hand. Souly stated an opinion based on an experience she had with PayPal. So she does not like them. It's her opinion..nothing more and nothing less. Regardless of how much her work/craft cost, that was the price people were willing to pay. Maybe she made a comment in distaste, in your opinion, but we're not here to insult each other or question what people do in their lives. You like PayPal and don't agree with her opinion, which is also fine. Agree to disagree, please and keep it clean.
You got it! Thanks for pointing this out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ya i got charged again this morning too! but i just checked my bank account and it still only shows one charge.. maybe it was just a dupe email from the first time we got charged? idk i emailed them just now asking

I also got a second set of emails this morning with a different invoice number saying that they're charging me and it's a success.  But I don't see it on my bank statement nor do I see a second one on glossybox.com.  I've been thinking of cancelling for a while now after reading all of the issues many of you have had with GB but I already bought a 6 month sub.  It's my mom's box that is monthly (which I pay for) so I'm going to have to see what she says. 

Seriously though... AHHHHHHHHHH!  I'll be checking my account so often just to see if I get charged.

Originally Posted by LauraBrooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you trying to tell me that the earrings you made cost $500?

Did you CALL Paypal and talk to them? I'm sorry but nothing about what you say they did jibes with my experiences with them. I do know that they almost always side with the buyer.

I am always the buyer.

People selling items have complained about PayPal fees for years, but I think something is kind of missing in your account of what they did and why and what you did in response other than to say " PayPal is bad" and there is a website called " PayPal sucks".

Lots and lots of websites with irate and sometimes, irrational people, on tirades against almost every company imaginable. The vitrol diminishes the validity of the claims substantially.
Didn't you get upset with people in another thread for doubting or questioning you? Why don't you give the same respect you expect?

First time poster long time lurker (sorry!) -

I also received emails last night saying that I was charged but my bank statement doesn't show a double charge. This is it for me and this company. I emailed them a few days ago when I was charged without receiving my June box but now I'm telling them to cancel and remove my personal information from their website. I just can't stand sloppy service.

Oh glossybox.. I am really trying to cheer for them but they are making it very difficult. I have yet to have issues with them but I'm sure if I did you guys would here about it. I'm sorry about your card charges. I am going to go check mi!ne now. I am a little scared. But hoping for a nice box this month!!!

I have to say that I haven't had issues with them charging my card too many times or having my card compromised, but the fact that they charged me less than a month since last time and I'm still waiting for my June box is ticking me off. So now I've paid for 2 boxes and I don't even have one. This is also the most expensive subscription service I subscribe too and the shipping is the worst. My Julep actually shipped same day and I got that monday while my tracking still says the 29th was the last update with it still being in NJ. Since I already get birchbox, julep, influenster (i know it's free sorta, but still a service I can get samples for. Which makes me wonder if I will get the summer box before my GL. Only time will tell), and I might be getting cravebox now, I don't think I need another service that will treat their customers this way. I guess I will see what my June box is like before making the final decision, but I guess I'm already getting a July one. Oh well.

I also got a second set of emails this morning with a different invoice number saying that they're charging me and it's a success.  But I don't see it on my bank statement nor do I see a second one on glossybox.com.  I've been thinking of cancelling for a while now after reading all of the issues many of you have had with GB but I already bought a 6 month sub.  It's my mom's box that is monthly (which I pay for) so I'm going to have to see what she says.  Seriously though... AHHHHHHHHHH!  I'll be checking my account so often just to see if I get charged.
The double invoice thing happened to me, too, without showing up on my bank account. Worrisome, right before payday when we're stretching the last few dollars.

Still haven't updated my (compromised) card information on my profile for GB. I'm debating if I should or not, it seems even after the issues of last month they are STILL having problems. Not comforting or convincing me at allllll. 

Where do you post the items you have up for trade?  I don't wear eye shadow or mascara and am starting to accumulate quite a bit.

I was so excited about joing Glossybox.  I've been charged for my June box.  Haven't received it yet. No tracking number, just e-mail confirmation of newsletter and order/  They have an incorrect address for me, so I tried to change it online, can't.  Tried to cancel my subscription online, can't.  Tried to call, voice-mail.  E-maiedl several times, no response.  I mean, this doesn't look too good for start-up co. so far.

Back