Glossybox July

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so glad they included them too. I love the smell and I didn't have any adverse reactions with it. Normally I test all of the yummy smelling lotions and then end up passing them on to my family and friends because it rashes me out. I have actually ordered a full size of it so I guess in this case the sample worked!

Help please! In the June box people were getting the mini Shea Terra lotions. Some people were saying there was one that smelled like almonds? Can anyone tell me which one that is? I want to buy it haha.

Has anybody been able to make the Shea Terra Black Soap coupon work?  Each time I enter it the site tells me "lucky" (even though I enter "lucky3") is not valid and only worked from 6/20/2012 to 7/20/2012.  The ad on the Lucky Magazine site said it was good to Sept 3, or until supplies run out. 

Originally Posted by PaulaG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anybody been able to make the Shea Terra Black Soap coupon work?  Each time I enter it the site tells me "lucky" (even though I enter "lucky3") is not valid and only worked from 6/20/2012 to 7/20/2012.  The ad on the Lucky Magazine site said it was good to Sept 3, or until supplies run out. 
I haven't tried but if you get on Shea Terra's mailing list they send out promo codes weekly.

Shea Terra sent out another 30% off coupon for August...I'll have to pull up my email and check.

Edited to add.... DUH, lol, the code is aug2012

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Shea Terra sent out another 30% off coupon for August...I'll have to pull up my email and check.

Edited to add.... DUH, lol, the code is aug2012
Thank you!

Shea Terra sent out another 30% off coupon for August...I'll have to pull up my email and check. Edited to add.... DUH, lol, the code is aug2012
You are awesome. Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by lilyelement /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You are awesome. Thank you!!!
Yep yep...someone had also posted pages back about a link through Lucky Mag, with a promo..Don't know that it's still active anymore, though. Also, ladies...we seem to be high jacking the thread. So for all the Shea Terra lovers and girls making purchases...it'd be awesome if you share the deets with us envious ladies. Bonus, there's already a Shea Terra thread! Here's the link.... https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/124102/shea-terra#post_1919583

So two positive things to post (for once, haha):

1.  I contacted Glossybox to ask about whether there was any rhyme or reason to their color/product selections for people, in that I got sent the worst possible color lipgloss for a pale redhead (the brown one), and to my total surprise, the CS rep offered to send me a different one, and then I received both the pretty coral-y color lipgloss and the cocoa nudes eyeshadow.  I was really really pleased, especially as I know some people have been less than happy with the CS at Glossybox.  

2.  This Senna gloss is really sticky.  But now that I have a color I can actually wear, I tried it.  And... I like it.  I use a thin coat, and either I've gotten used to it, or the stickiness lessens, but it's not that bad after a bit.  The real kicker though is I put it on at 8:30 this morning, and now at 11 a.m. - post-coffee and everything - it's still mostly on, which I think is pretty amazing for a gloss!  

Speaking of Glossybox.

So the other day I mentioned that my June replacement box FINALLY came and of course inside the Wella hair treatment cap had come off so the Wella went EVERYWHERE AND on top of that I didn't get a AHAVA replacement and instead got the 2nd box with the mascara, Kinerase and I can't recall what the other items are off the top of my head. I emailed Glossybox to thank them for the replacement box but to also let them know what had happened with replacement box - that cream got everywhere... oh I remember the other item it was the Shea Terra white chocolate shea butter and the Wella even got under THAT cap which could have ruined that if it weren't for the seal inside the shea butter container. That email was sent out Monday the 13th and here it is 16th and I have yet to hear back.

I'm not asking for a replacement, which would be the 4th replacement as the 2nd never came and the 3rd arrived damaged nor am I asking for a refund as the items NOT damaged between both boxes are worth the $21 but I WOULD like them to acknowledge that they screwed up and that their warehouse needs to have quality control in place. To me by not answering the emails within 24 to 48 hours is just bad customer service.

Back