Glossybox July

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Go black but I do have other things on my list if that doesn't interest you
smile.gif

Got my box today, and I also got the Ofra Ice (in goldilocks), which means no mascara from me.  Sorry!  :/

Just got this e-mail. I have to point out that "mis-communication" is one word.
biggrin.gif
SPELL CHECK PEOPLE!!!

Dear Kelsey,

Our records show that you received multiple invoice emails in the past
few days stating that you were charged for the July GLOSSYBOX.
We have looked into our systems and can assure you that your account
was only charged once, there were a few technical issues that caused
the email to be sent repeatedly. If you don't see a charge, it's fine!

As soon as we noticed that there was a problem we stopped the
charging process and will re-launch it now that we know it is resolved.
Don't worry you are still part of our beauty experience. Going forward,
we will be charging your accounts in the second week of every month and
will start shipping in the third week of the month.

Please excuse us for an early charge on July 2nd.
Hope you are enjoying your June box! If you haven't received it yet,
hold tight, it is on it's way!

We apologize again for all the inconvenience generated by mis-communication
and operational hiccups. We are trying to offer you the best experience
and the best service, and we are learning day by day how to improve.
We are passionate and committed people and our objective is your satisfaction.

If you still have any comments or concerns, please contact us via
telephone on 1-855-738-1140 or email us through our contact form
here: http://www.glossybox.com/index.php/contacts.

We are doing our best in accommodating everyone’s request.

Have a great Glossy Weekend!
Your GLOSSYBOX Team

Someone just wrote on their FB wall that they said from now on they will be billing the second week of the month and shipping the third week of the month....I wonder if that's true?

Edit: Nevermind...should've read the post before mine ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Someone just wrote on their FB wall that they said from now on they will be billing the second week of the month and shipping the third week of the month....I wonder if that's true?
Thats what the e-mail that they just sent me says... see the post above yours for more info :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Who knows!

Originally Posted by kcrowebird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thats what the e-mail that they just sent me says... see the post above yours for more info :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Who knows!
Yep, saw that after I posted! Hopefully they stick with that. That was the only thing I wasn't liking about this sub.

I just got my first box and I'm disappointed. I guess it must be my June box, the card says June and the magazine says July. Anyways, my disappointment was in two of the products. First was the mascara. I was so excited to get a full size mascara. I went to try it out and either it was empty or dried out because no product comes off the brush. Second was the Kinerase cream. The tube had next to nothing in it. I went to try it out and didn't even get enough to try once. I know things happen when they are filling products, but two out of the 6 products listed onthe card were duds. I'm hoping it was just a fluke but it is disappointing none the less. I was so excited about the mascara. I had seen that others got eyeshadow and was hoping not to get that because I have so much eyeshadows that I don't need anymore. I had just ran out of my Benefit mascara and was going to go buy another. So when I saw the mascara I was stoked. But I can't use it. If not for the full-size mascara which retails for $20, the other products I got werent worth the $21 pricetag for the subscription. I got a Wella hair conditioner, a shave cream, a tiny jar of body butter and a perfume sample. Sure the box and presentation is nice but after having to deal with two fraudulent charges on my card the same day I signed up for a box and now receiving two products that were unusable, I doubt I will continue with Glossybox. I emailed them about the products (I will follow up with a phone call next week) I am giving them an opportunity to fix the problem. Hopefully, things will be resolved or I will cancel immediately.

Originally Posted by kalmekrzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my first box and I'm disappointed. I guess it must be my June box, the card says June and the magazine says July. Anyways, my disappointment was in two of the products. First was the mascara. I was so excited to get a full size mascara. I went to try it out and either it was empty or dried out because no product comes off the brush. Second was the Kinerase cream. The tube had next to nothing in it. I went to try it out and didn't even get enough to try once. I know things happen when they are filling products, but two out of the 6 products listed onthe card were duds. I'm hoping it was just a fluke but it is disappointing none the less. I was so excited about the mascara. I had seen that others got eyeshadow and was hoping not to get that because I have so much eyeshadows that I don't need anymore. I had just ran out of my Benefit mascara and was going to go buy another. So when I saw the mascara I was stoked. But I can't use it. If not for the full-size mascara which retails for $20, the other products I got werent worth the $21 pricetag for the subscription. I got a Wella hair conditioner, a shave cream, a tiny jar of body butter and a perfume sample. Sure the box and presentation is nice but after having to deal with two fraudulent charges on my card the same day I signed up for a box and now receiving two products that were unusable, I doubt I will continue with Glossybox. I emailed them about the products (I will follow up with a phone call next week) I am giving them an opportunity to fix the problem. Hopefully, things will be resolved or I will cancel immediately.
That's interesting that your mascara was dried out. Mine was so wet and goopy, but that should take care of itself in a few days. My Kinerase cream seemed full too, but I haven't tried it yet. Hope they send you new products and make the situation right. Make sure to take pictures, if you can, because I know some people were having to "prove" that their Ahava body wash spilled all over the box.

I haven't had any problems with extra charges or whatever, but I am disappointed in my box.

I got so excited because they had OPI and Burberry and Zoya and Kryolan.

This box sucks. I don't need a firming cream, or a shaving cream.

Does anyone know if the products in the july catalog they sent will be some of the products in july's box??

Because I'd really love to get a chanel blush or dior nail polish. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, did anyone get the bananas and baobabs shea terra organics body creme? I got the white chocolate one and really wanted the banana. Everything in my box is up for trade except for the mascara.

I finally received an e-mail response from Glossybox along with my tracking number.  It says it's leaving New Jersey.  Fingers crossed! D

My mascara was so wet and seemed like it was almost overfilled.  I made the mistake of pushing the brush too fast into the tube and it all ran out to the sides!  That's really strange that you have an empty container!  I hope things get resolved for you.

I got the mascara and mine is (like others) really wet and goopy but I love it.  It makes my lashes look amazing - so it's worth pursuing - just wanted you to know since it's easy to give up on stuff like this.

Glossybox just tweeted something about the July box having to do with showing your glamour after dark. Hmm

Can't wait to see what's in store for July - the CS rep I talked to today said it's gonna be pretty awesome....

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glossybox just tweeted something about the July box having to do with showing your glamour after dark. Hmm
Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can't wait to see what's in store for July - the CS rep I talked to today said it's gonna be pretty awesome....
Sweet! I already can't wait for July's box!

Back