Glossybox USA! - April & May discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When i spoke with a rep last year they mentioned april as target date. Didnt think it would actually happen since they sounded unsure. So stoked,been waiting 4 months!

Sample Society started taking orders in January with the first box to go out this month (March) so if Glossybox opens subscriptions this month it is doubtful they will have the first month shipped in April. But who knows, they have done this before in multiple countries so they may have it down to a science. 

Originally Posted by glamigirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When i spoke with a rep last year they mentioned april as target date. Didnt think it would actually happen since they sounded unsure. So stoked,been waiting 4 months!

Good point^^. Come to think of it, the second time i called in early Jan,the rep said sometime in spring. So hopefully by May?

I'll give it a shot, since I will have cancelled one of my BB's by then, and Sindulge isn't playing out well for me, and....well....waiting to see how well MG and Sample Society work out. Of course, since my primary BB is on annual, I don't feel bad about three monthly billings now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll give it a shot, since I will have cancelled one of my BB's by then, and Sindulge isn't playing out well for me, and....well....waiting to see how well MG and Sample Society work out. Of course, since my primary BB is on annual, I don't feel bad about three monthly billings now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I feel exactly the same, lol. I think that is why I made bb annual...a good excuse. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I did it cuz of the bonus points. But now, I feel ok with it being a "sunk cost" and not a monthly bill.

Yep, I'm the queen of rationalization.

I did it cuz of the bonus points. But now, I feel ok with it being a "sunk cost" and not a monthly bill.

Yep, I'm the queen of rationalization.

lol, unfortunatley I was annual before that bonus code. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm tempted to go annual with beauty army so I'll feel less bad about that one too. Maybe when I get my tax return...

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol, unfortunatley I was annual before that bonus code. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm tempted to go annual with beauty army so I'll feel less bad about that one too. Maybe when I get my tax return...
My only concern with going annual is "What if it starts to suck?" However, yeah, if you space them apart nicely so that they come due at different times, it isn't a dreadful idea to go annual on the ones you truly love....I know it sounds weird, but for me, even if I were to go annual on several of them, it doesn't FEEL as bad to have (for example) four billings of $100 each that space throughout the year as it does to have $40 each month, ya know? (the math might be wrong there, but y'all get what I mean!) Plus, for me, if I'm on an annual, when re-up time comes, it's a lot harder to say, "Oh, well, it's only ten bucks...." since it will be much higher and I have to genuinely evaluate if it's still worth it to me

My only concern with going annual is "What if it starts to suck?" However, yeah, if you space them apart nicely so that they come due at different times, it isn't a dreadful idea to go annual on the ones you truly love....I know it sounds weird, but for me, even if I were to go annual on several of them, it doesn't FEEL as bad to have (for example) four billings of $100 each that space throughout the year as it does to have $40 each month, ya know? (the math might be wrong there, but y'all get what I mean!) Plus, for me, if I'm on an annual, when re-up time comes, it's a lot harder to say, "Oh, well, it's only ten bucks...." since it will be much higher and I have to genuinely evaluate if it's still worth it to me

You are very good at justification and making me feel better lol.

You should hear my justifications/rationalizations when I'm actually shopping for individual items:

"Well, I know I didn't try it on, but I consider it a dollar donation to Goodwill"

"Yeah, I know it skews a little young, but if the color is bad for me, I'll give it to my roommate's daughter"

"I realize they look the same, but see, this one has pink shimmer and this one has GOLD shimmer"

"As soon as I'm done with it, I'll consign it, so really I'm just paying a rental fee"

Yeah....sometimes being a shopaholic ain't purty.

I'm super excited about this one! (Which am I not excited about!?) I really hope I have some of my subs canceled by then..I don't know if I can keep holding up 7/8 charges a month like this lol. I just have an addiction problem.

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm super excited about this one! (Which am I not excited about!?) I really hope I have some of my subs canceled by then..I don't know if I can keep holding up 7/8 charges a month like this lol. I just have an addiction problem.

Well, set some parameter on yourself, such as "three months per sub" or something? My thing is if three months go by without at least ONE "WOW" item, I'm chucking it. (Birchbox has had two "WOWs" in three months, so I knew I was sticking to it. Or maybe say "X amount of subs" and rotate them around a bit? OR.....analyze why you keep signing up. If it's just for the thrill of the new, maybe start haunting the freebie blogs and the various contests/giveaways? There are lots of ways to MANAGE the addiction :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, set some parameter on yourself, such as "three months per sub" or something? My thing is if three months go by without at least ONE "WOW" item, I'm chucking it. (Birchbox has had two "WOWs" in three months, so I knew I was sticking to it. Or maybe say "X amount of subs" and rotate them around a bit? OR.....analyze why you keep signing up. If it's just for the thrill of the new, maybe start haunting the freebie blogs and the various contests/giveaways? There are lots of ways to MANAGE the addiction :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I just always feel like I'm going to miss out on something amazing if I quit. Platinum Box was easy to let go as was Go Go GF but some of the others are way more difficult. I have slight hopes that some of the new ones with be bad so I can let them go easily. Plus, the thrill of getting things in the mail makes me so happy lol. Beauty Army may be the next to go if they keep having the same samples but then I get this panic about, what if they get in some awesome stuff next month and I miss out? I had canceled Birchbox a few months ago but then had a dream about it so I figured it was a sign and I needed to sign back up, so I did... I just don't know. I think starting in April I'm going to open a new e-mail for school and just use that and go on a no-buy for a few months to sort of mentally cleanse myself. I wonder if this is what alcoholics/drug addicts sort of feel like..lol

Yeah, I don't know that I have an option for "I'm afraid I'll miss out on something good"...except for maybe cancelling some of your subs and channeling those funds into buying items that samplers are raving about?

It's never easy, though, is it? 

Latest posts

Back