Glowly make up!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sometimes matte look on face( foundation and blush) are very good for the daytime at the job or school and on my oily skin matte textures are better, because it's classic and long lasting but in some occasions like an evening out with friends for a drink or clubbing,or other special occasions like weddings( and the photos),I need a more glowly face! Like a "Hollywood star" ( I always jealous their glowing faces on the photos)

I want your suggestions on what products should I use for a glowly skin!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

If I remember right you mentioned that you don´t really like MAC, right? then I won´t be much help cause all my glow-products are from MAC (Hyper Real foundation and Shimpagne Skinfinish)

i've heard a few of the ladies here like mac hyper real. Arielle uses it on her fotd and she always glows. i use either a shimmer blush from mac or the iridescent loose powder with a liquid foundation and not too much loose powder. the mac skinfinishes are also great for a glow. you can apply them as a highlighter or over the entire face.
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the suggestions girls!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm afraid to use Mac's foundations and powders because I had a bad experience with Studio Fix!!
icon_sad.gif

But I can use their blushes!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks Charmaine!

Originally Posted by Charmaine Hi Sophia, you can check out this thread here.

If I'm going for a glowy look, I tend to use tinted moisturizer and skip the power. I'll also use something like Benefit High Beam or Moon Beam to highlight my cheekbones and bridge of nose. I also stick to lighter, shimmery colors on eyes because I feel it moreso suits the look overall.
smile.gif

I ordered a Mac Skinfinish off the net. I am waiting for it to arrive and was just wondering how you guys apply it and what texture it is? Is it creamy? Do you use your fingers or a brush to apply?

Definitely try MAC Hyper-Real (sorry about your bad experience with Studio Fix!! Hyper Real could turn out to be your HG for glowing foundation... definitely give it a try!), any of the Skinfinishes (Shimpagne and Porcelain Pink are nice).

If you really don't want to change your foundation, mix in some highlighter or cream bronzer for a dewy look. I've mentioned this many times, but I like to mix Chanel Brilliance Pur liquid for a sunkissed, iridescent finish-- it is amazing!

Subtle bronze eye makeup and nude lips look beautiful with a glowing face.
biggrin.gif

you could also use mac's strobe cream underneath your foundation. it has a pearly sheen.

i use clarins beauty flash balm for a glow to my skin, but once applied i leave it for a couple of mins before i apply foundation. i was curious to know if macs hyper real foundation is ok for oily skins as i would like to try.

Thanks for the suggestions girls!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

ikebana I want to try Hyper real but I'm afraid,maybe I break out like Studio Fix!
icon_sad.gif
Maybe Strobe cream is better I don't know!! I wish I could get a sample of Hyper Real or strobe cream to see if I'm allergic and not have to buy the full size and go waist,but here at Mac they don't give samples!!
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Sophia Thanks for the suggestions girls!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

ikebana I want to try Hyper real but I'm afraid,maybe I break out like Studio Fix!
icon_sad.gif
Maybe Strobe cream is better I don't know!! I wish I could get a sample of Hyper Real or strobe cream to see if I'm allergic and not have to buy the full size and go waist,but here at Mac they don't give samples!!
icon_sad.gif

really? they don´t give any samples at your MAC? that sucks...but I think you should try it again.
one MAC MA told me that when you break out from a certain foundation (I think it was Studio Fix actually) then there´s chance you´ll break out from any MAC foundation...at least the ones containing silicone I think.

maybe somebody else has better info on this though. I think it´s really a trial and error thing.

personally I have never broken out from any foundation and I LOVE Hyper Real

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel I ordered a Mac Skinfinish off the net. I am waiting for it to arrive and was just wondering how you guys apply it and what texture it is? Is it creamy? Do you use your fingers or a brush to apply? It's a powder product, very silky!! I use a brush to apply mine, either a skunk brush (if I'm using it as a highlighter) or an e/s brush (if I'm using it as e/s!).

Originally Posted by Sophia Thanks for the suggestions girls!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif

That sucks that they don't give samples! Perhaps you can have them put it on you there, and then you can wear it for the day and see what happens. As Andrea said, with MAC foundations, it really is a trial and error process. But once you find out what ingredient your skin is reacting to (it could be silicone) you'll be able to choose the right foundation for you!
smile.gif

How about Stila's Illuminating Liquid foundation? Does it gives glow to the skin?
st_S05C_200.jpg

I'll try to find a sample of that because I don't want to buy the full size,because I don't use foundations a lot!! But here they don't give samples
icon_sad.gif
and I have a problem with that,maybe I'll search to ebay!!!

Originally Posted by Trisha yes it does Sophia, it gives a dewy finish which makes you look like you are glowing from within. if you used this, i wouldnt set the whole face with powder after, just the t zone if you are combo/oily x

Nice idea!!
icon_idea.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha go to your counter, get matched up and wear it for a day to see what you think of it Soph x

perscriptives makes a loose powder called majic liquid powder. it has light diffusers and gives your skin a healthy glow without looking overdone.

Originally Posted by Sophia Sometimes matte look on face( foundation and blush) are very good for the daytime at the job or school and on my oily skin matte textures are better, because it's classic and long lasting but in some occasions like an evening out with friends for a drink or clubbing,or other special occasions like weddings( and the photos),I need a more glowly face! Like a "Hollywood star" ( I always jealous their glowing faces on the photos)
I want your suggestions on what products should I use for a glowly skin!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks honorbright!! But I want a liquid product! Maybe I'll check out Revlon's Skinlights foundation!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by honorbright What about Revlon's Skinlights loose powder? Really pretty in natural light, but the other colors seem kind of "off" to me. Also, Wet n Wile All Over Shimmer is a reallly pretty look and comes in a compact. With both products, a little goes a long way!

Latest posts

Back