Glycerin plus water??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mowgli /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have seen a few people mention this now - what is this, and how does it work? Is it for dry skin only? Hi there. I don't believe it's for dry skin only. It is my understanding you can mix 3 parts water with 1 part glycerin and use it as mixing medium for makeup application, especially with eyeshadows and pigments. Don't quote me on this, I don't know for sure.
sheep.gif

Here's the tutorial on using glycerin as a mixing medium for pigments and whatnots

YouTube - Homemade Mixing Medium

And here's a tutorial (kinda) for mixing glycerin for use as a moisturizer (it does not replace your moisturizer, but it takes it one step further):

YouTube - Glycerin: Beauty Tips

I bought my glycerin (with rosewater) at walmart, they had gylcerin, and glycerin+rosewater. I believe glycerin is just pure or highly concentrated and does need to be diluted, but I bought the glycerin+rosewater because a) it was cheaper (even tho they are both extremely cheap) B) rosewater has antibacterial properties I believe

i got a rec from someone on mut to try glycerine to help my skin retain moisture. i was a bit leary of how to use pure glycerine so i found a moisturizer with glycerine as one of the top five ingredients. also in the top 5 is olive oil. i've got to tell you that this made a fantastic difference in the tiny lines around my mouth and on my forehead. this really does work! i'm oily and acne prone with aging skin and it worked great for me!

Originally Posted by Kathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif What moisturizer are you using Monnie? it's by derma e. i really do love quite a few of their products. it's called anti aging moisture complex w/spf15. i'm usually leary about products that claim to do too much, but this one has made me a believer. i just added it to my routine. i use it right on top of my regular moisturizer and it keeps my skin looking moist and dewy all day. it even keeps my cream foundation from looking cakey and cracked which is quite a feat! by the end of the day it was collected in the little lines around my mouth, but with this i hardly notice them!
derma e Bodycare Products

Back