Glycolic

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
is this a myth that too much glcolic will make you age faster??? I have just started using md formualtions w/glycolic cleanser at night, paula's choice cleanser (no glycolic or anything) in the morning, and I just purchased ddf's glycolic tonic 10% (which I plan to use 3-4 times a week), along with acv (which will also be used a couple times a week). And I will prevent pimples with paula's choice 1% saliclic acid. This routine is leaving my skin looking awesome
icon_cheesygrin.gif
. Is this ok though?

oh and the 1% saliclic acid is planned to be used once every night, or maybe every other night.

I swear I have a life
icon_cheesygrin.gif
, but I joined makeupalley to find more reviews on products, and on one of the boards someone was talking about using the ddf toner, but only a couple times a week b/c it ages you if you use it excessively. So I have no clue what truth is behind this b/c the toner I got is great (it's ironically used to make pores smaller, smooth lines, etc). Also, I like the md formulations as well, you use it as well, right? So I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard this. Also on the board, someone said exfoliation with scrubs makes your pores bigger!!! But I don't belive that, how can that be???

I've never heard of that myth before.

I read quite a lot of skin care books, none of the books mention that myth, except if you use it excessively it will make your skin dry or other minor skin irritations.

Just keep the balance, when you use the Glycolic cleanser, avoid using the Glycolic tonic after that.

You better try to use the Glycolic tonic in the morning when you not using the Glycolic cleanser one.

I'm also using Glycolic cleanser at night, since my skin changes from normal skin to oily skin.

I'm not sure when winter comes though. I might stop using it for a while.

Thank you so much for your response!!! I really appreciate it. That makes a lot more sense, that too much glcolic would dry out your skin, or irritate it. I have been rotating one cleanser from the next, and I will do what you suggested, which is to use my glycolic cleanser and toner at different times. Thanks again! I think I just get more paranoid the more I "research" about what's good or not out there. I guess I should just take some comments with a grain of salt.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

You welcome Jenny.

Don't forget to wear sunscreen everyday, when you using cleanser/tonic contains glycolic acid because it makes skin vulnerable to sun damage and burn faster.

Skin care is really personal, I understand that sometimes we alll get paranoid about what's good or not for our skin. Just trust your instinct, when you think it's not good for your skin then don't use it.

Just remember that, you are the only person who understand YOUR skin better than anyone else, not even a dermatologist.

yeah....just use a good sunscreen. i would use an spf 30 while using the glycolic products. i give myself glycolic peels on a frequent basis and notice a great difference.

My skin doesn't really need a moisturizer during the day right now. So I was wondering if you guys could reccomend a really good light, light, light, moisturizer with spf that doesn't make you break out. Thanks so much!!!

Originally Posted by jennyb I just purchased ddf's glycolic tonic 10% (which I plan to use 3-4 times a week) i'm buying that next time i'm at sephora!! i've heard SUCH good things about it. how's it working for you so far? i'm so excited to try it.

Oh good!!! You should call though, before you go and pick up the tonic. I heard it goes fast at Sephora, so I called the one closest to my house and I grabbed the last one!!! They were nice and they put it on hold for me
smile.gif
. Oh and Nordstrom's has the tonic but they were out of it!!! But you don't want it from Nordy's b/c it's $28 there. It is $25 plus tax at Sephora, but I definitely think it's worth it. I do not use this more than once a day, and sometimes I use it every other day. My skin gets dry patches sometimes and this tonic takes care of that problem. Also, my skin is just sooooo soft and my pores are minimized. I love it!!! Let me know what you think!

Originally Posted by jennyb Oh good!!! You should call though, before you go and pick up the tonic. I heard it goes fast at Sephora, so I called the one closest to my house and I grabbed the last one!!! They were nice and they put it on hold for me
smile.gif
. Oh and Nordstrom's has the tonic but they were out of it!!! But you don't want it from Nordy's b/c it's $28 there. It is $25 plus tax at Sephora, but I definitely think it's worth it. I do not use this more than once a day, and sometimes I use it every other day. My skin gets dry patches sometimes and this tonic takes care of that problem. Also, my skin is just sooooo soft and my pores are minimized. I love it!!! Let me know what you think! thanks for the info!!
maybe you don't have this to begin with, but has it evened your skin tone out? that's my main issue.

What exactly are the benefits of the DDF tonic? I'm currently looking for something just to maintain an even complexion. My skin has some dry spots at times - and then oily t-zone, I have combination skin. I want something that will even things out and give me a nice radiant, fresh skin glow, if that's possible. I also get red-cheeks sometimes, which I HATE with a passion and I hate to wear full-coverage foundation to offset the redness.

BTW: I have gotten facials for 6 months straight this year and I swear I didn't notice a difference in my skin. That could mean two things: the person didn't know what they were doing (which I doubt because it's a place that takes 3 months to get an appt at and she is always booked) or I really don't need them because my skin routine is working out for me. I don't know....

the box of my ddf tonic says:helps increase cell turnover to promote clarity and dermal vitality. minimizes fine lines, refines skin texture, decreases pore size.

My skin looks fresh after using this stuff. I think it would definitely help with skin tone. I am horrible at explaining things, and I can't really explain/pinpoint what my skin is like, but it looks great with this stuff. Hope this even helps.

also, just b/c you bought it, doesn't mean you can't return it!!! I would give it a try.

Latest posts

Back