gogogirlfriend complaints!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they just buy a bunch of the lip gloss sets Tarte has during the holidays and breaks them up/sends them out to subscribers.  I had bought a lip gloss set during holiday season '10.  I like their glosses, but yeah, I'll buy the set from Tarte, Ulta, etc.

Wow, I love your random assortment box! And I <3 your videos, haha, especially the rant! I feel you!

Originally Posted by beautyfool /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I got two boxes from Gogogirlfriend this week - the first was the one iv'e seen in a bunch of videos - the next day i got a box full of a bunch of stuff i'm sure was just lying around their office - i made a video of it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTQp1bxgfiE

It is pathetic...I'm appalled that anyone would conduct their business this way.

Aww thanks, yeah i try not to be so negative but they are the worst. Just gotta tell it how it is.

wow, that is prob the least impressive bonus box iv'e seen from them. is it only their second? I guess i only saw this one and the one before.
Some of it was pretty uneventful, lots of lower end stuffs which seems to be an issue with them. I have only received one deluxe box prior to this (the December one) which I got a few things I loved from so I can't complain too much. I did get it for "free" so I try motto complain. I donated product for Decembers deluxe box and now I feel like I am forever associated with ggg and don't really want that rep. It was before all the issues :/

I really, really wish I'd done my research and found the ladies of MUT prior to signing up for GGG. I signed up, and paid, on 1/15/12 for a Premier membership. They sent me an email saying I'd get my first box in 3 weeks. And fast forward a month+, nothing, nada. So, I emailed them. This is the response I received. Please see below. I'm appalled. They never proactively reached out to tell me they were running late. On the one hand, I have not yet been charged a new month of membership, and that's good. I'd be VERY upset if I had not received a box and had been charged again. BUT to be charged anything and to still be waiting is ridiculous. They have blamed this on everyone but themselves -- vendors, sponsors, fulfimment centers, USPS distribution centers, etc. Really? If I pointed fingers at others when something went wrong with my jobs, I'd be fired! So not ok. I'm not sure I'm ever going to get a box, or that if I do, it won't just be break-aparts of gifts that other people received in past months. Any suggestions on how to proceed? I did just get this email, below, on 2/17/12. I would generally wait a few days. BUT there's NOTHING here that indicates to me when I will hear more or when I will see a box. I'm not interested in being in a permanent holding pattern with this company. Sad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. 

"Hello, thank you for emailing us our customer service is available M-F

8:00 - 6:00 P.M. PST. We will get back to you within 24 hours duringbusiness work days with your question if other than sample boxshipping which is answered below.If you are asking about your free membership sample box, we can assureyou that you will receive your samples. Your member home page will beupdated and a tracking confirmation will be sent to you when yourshipment is confirmed by USPS.  You will not be charged anothermembership fee unless your samples have shipped.We would like to give you a few details on our recent delays, itcertainly has been a challenging few months. We have had a fewvendors/sponsors that put us in a terrible position, by not fulfillingtheir sample commitments on time, leaving us in a position of havingto scramble last minute for samples elsewhere.  Our fulfillment centeralso was closed for 1 week, as well as USPS picking up and theirdistribution centers not shipping as we thought.  We try to plan 3months out and some issues are beyond our control, end of year hasbeen very difficult for us with non delivery by vendors until laterdates, etc.We hope to be back on track very soon and trying to keep positive thatall will work out.  We truly appreciate your business, please beassured we are working furiously to get everything flowing smoothagain.  We are doing everything possible to get the samples sent out.Deeply appreciated, GGG Team :)"

Originally Posted by beautyfool /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I got two boxes from Gogogirlfriend this week - the first was the one iv'e seen in a bunch of videos - the next day i got a box full of a bunch of stuff i'm sure was just lying around their office - i made a video of it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTQp1bxgfiE

It is pathetic...I'm appalled that anyone would conduct their business this way.

This was just posted to my Facebook wall from someone who is a GGG member.

Hello, we appreciate your past patience on shipping issues. We have undergone an ownership and management change and will resume shipping early next week.
We will be back on track beginning March and you will be receiving shipping confirmations very soon.

Thank you, GoGogirlfriend Team
Like I told her, I don't believe it.

If they have new ownership and management why would they still keep the name the has a poor brand image?  

Got this e-mail today

Subject: Shipping Update

Hello, we appreciate your past patience on shipping issues. We have undergone an ownership and management change and will resume shipping early next week.
We will be back on track beginning March and you will be receiving shipping confirmations very soon.

Originally Posted by AuntOly1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also why dont they post anything on their web site or facebook page

Because they're a joke of a company and don't care about their customers or their reputation.

Got this email today:

Email: Hello, this is confirmation of your cancellation and thank you for your past patronage.

If you are waiting for any shipping items: We have undergone an ownership and management change and will resume shipping early next week.  We will be back on track beginning March and you will be receiving shipping confirmations very soon.  This would include free monthly boxes and deluxe boxes.

Thank you, GGG Team

We do not refund membership fees, we do not charge for the free sample box it is a free perk of the membership.  However, your last free sample box will be shipping and you will receive notification.

Im glad that I got my bank to dispute the charge since they still are sticking to the fact that we pay for a membership to a shitty website with nothing on it. I guess it will be a bonus if i ever do receive my last box...

I don't care if the last box has MAC and Urban Decay in it. I am so happy I am done with this company. They will never get my money ever again.

I finally got them to cancel my membership today, they still said they would resume shipping boxes out during the first week of March. Don't know what to believe anymore.

No don't believe any of it, they may have changed the management and owner, but now their customer service sucks, before they would at least answer emails, usually within 2 hours if it was during business hours,  The delivery was beyond terrible, got december's deluxe box on feb 5 still havent gotten "extra full sized products" to compensate for being patient, nor will they answer any emails I have sent, I am done as soon as the next box is in my hands I will cancel, don't want to do it before that so they cant pull that we dont owe you a box mess

At this point I really don't care anymore if I get a box or not. Mistake made & learned from. Ugh. What a mess.

I just emailed them about the January box, since I paid for it on 12-26-11 and this is the response I got:

Hello, thank you for emailing us.  We appreciate your past patience on
shipping issues.  We have undergone an ownership and management change
and will resume shipping early next week.  We will be back on track
beginning March and you will be receiving shipping confirmations very
soon. This applies to free monthly boxes and deluxe boxes.

So I wrote back:

This seems like a blanket response and has nothing to do with my individual question. I am very disappointed in your lack of communication as I have now gone 2 months without my box (which I paid for, even if you say it was for membership, not a box of samples). We also have received several emails promising shipping dates, which come and go, without any shipping notifications.

I really hope that this new ownership knows what they're doing because you have made a lot of people unhappy and unfortunately won't be able to recoup from this.

Latest posts

Back