gogogirlfriend complaints!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are absolutely horrible as far as customer service I was basically told by one person too bad.....

I just read on a site they aren't even registered with the BBB!!!! OMG! I am canceling right now!

I just read on a site they aren't even registered with the BBB!!!! OMG! I am canceling right now!
This really doesn't even surprise me. Good luck canceling, it took them like a week+ to get back to my cancellation e-mail. :/

when i cancelled my membership, i closed my credit card to make sure they didn't "accidentally" charge me after cancellation.  this company is disgusting.

It took them 4 weeks to finally cancel my account. Who knows if they actually did. I have a stop charge in my credit card against them.

I don't know if this has been addressed, but did you know they even if you cancel your subscription, THEY KEEP YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO ON FILE?!?!

I just tried signing into the gogogirlfriend website and I got this screen:

I just wrote them an infuriated email demanding my credit card information to be destroyed immediately or I will be contacting my lawyer. I cancelled service in January, there is no reason for them to keep ANY of my financial information on file. 

I TOTALLY wish I would have found this thread before I fell victim to GoGoGirlfriend.crap!  I was charged on 1/17 for a "free box of samples with subscription".  I've emailed them several times and each time I either get no response or told they will be shipping soon.  Hmmmm.  Well seeing as it is now nearing the 60 day cut off mark for disputing things with your debit card I filed a dispute with my bank.  As a last ditch effort to get a response from them, this is the email I received today...

"-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 12:50 PM
To: [removed]
Subject: GoGogirlfriend Email Inquiry Re: Member Contact Page filled out on GoGoGirlfriend - 1331239797217

Hello, thank you for emailing us.  We appreciate your past patience on shipping issues.

We try to return all inquiries, however if your email is about the status of your free sample box, please be assured you will be receiving your box very soon.

We have undergone an ownership and management change and have resume shipping.  We will be back on track in March and you will be receiving shipping confirmations very soon.

All deluxe boxes have been shipped out as of 3/1/2012.

Thank you, GoGogirlfriend Team

Please click here for more information: http://gogogirlfriend.com/faq

--

GoGogirlfriend Member Services Team

http://gogogirlfriend.com/faq"

I see they are still using the management change as an excuse.  According to this blurb on the BBB's site, They are in DIRECT violation of the FTC's Mail order Rule.

"The Federal Trade Commission's Mail Order Rule allows the seller 30 days to ship ordered products to the buyer unless otherwise specified at the time of purchase. If the seller cannot ship within the 30 day period, they are required to notify the buyer in writing of the delay, and give the option of waiting, or having their money returned within seven days. Credit card payments must be credited within one billing cycle."  

That's how they get away with it. We didn't order anything, we're paying for a MEMBERSHIP, the sample box is free.

Originally Posted by Nancy Thigpin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I TOTALLY wish I would have found this thread before I fell victim to GoGoGirlfriend.crap!  I was charged on 1/17 for a "free box of samples with subscription".  I've emailed them several times and each time I either get no response or told they will be shipping soon.  Hmmmm.  Well seeing as it is now nearing the 60 day cut off mark for disputing things with your debit card I filed a dispute with my bank.  As a last ditch effort to get a response from them, this is the email I received today...

"-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 12:50 PM
To: [removed]
Subject: GoGogirlfriend Email Inquiry Re: Member Contact Page filled out on GoGoGirlfriend - 1331239797217

Hello, thank you for emailing us.  We appreciate your past patience on shipping issues.

We try to return all inquiries, however if your email is about the status of your free sample box, please be assured you will be receiving your box very soon.

We have undergone an ownership and management change and have resume shipping.  We will be back on track in March and you will be receiving shipping confirmations very soon.

All deluxe boxes have been shipped out as of 3/1/2012.

Thank you, GoGogirlfriend Team

Please click here for more information: http://gogogirlfriend.com/faq

--

GoGogirlfriend Member Services Team

http://gogogirlfriend.com/faq"

I see they are still using the management change as an excuse.  According to this blurb on the BBB's site, They are in DIRECT violation of the FTC's Mail order Rule.

"The Federal Trade Commission's Mail Order Rule allows the seller 30 days to ship ordered products to the buyer unless otherwise specified at the time of purchase. If the seller cannot ship within the 30 day period, they are required to notify the buyer in writing of the delay, and give the option of waiting, or having their money returned within seven days. Credit card payments must be credited within one billing cycle."  

It's a scam. Pure and simple, a scam because if you compare the box to other beauty box companies out there you're paying for the BOX OF SAMPLES not the membership. Just because they want to word it differently doesn't mean they're right and it doesn't mean they're not trying to scam people. File a complaint with their state's ATG, your state's ATG, the FTC and your bank!

What's gets me is what is the membership fee for? What do you get besides the pleasure of paying for nothing and hoping to get a box of samples? Oh wait, I guess it's a membership fee for a scam of the month club.

What's gets me is what is the membership fee for? What do you get besides the pleasure of paying for nothing and hoping to get a box of samples? Oh wait, I guess it's a membership fee for a scam of the month club.
Apparently you get a discount on items in their shop. YAY! Discounts on items they'll most likely never send you!

Keep us updated on what they say.

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know if this has been addressed, but did you know they even if you cancel your subscription, THEY KEEP YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO ON FILE?!?!

I just tried signing into the gogogirlfriend website and I got this screen:

I just wrote them an infuriated email demanding my credit card information to be destroyed immediately or I will be contacting my lawyer. I cancelled service in January, there is no reason for them to keep ANY of my financial information on file. 

I hate it that this is my first post here but I too am being screwed by gogogirlfriend. Luckily, and thanks in large part to this board, I realized right away that they were a scam and I cancelled after only one charge. Or, I guess I should say one charge so far. I have yet to receive the deluxe box I paid for in January and although I have emailed every day for the past two weeks I have been getting the same auto-responses as everyone else. I know it was only $12.99 but at this point I can't let it go. I'm going to harass them until they either refund me or send me a damn box. Grrrr...

Back