Good exfoliators anyone??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know any good exfoliators or scrub brands that they would recommend?? I'm on a budget so high end products are off limits for me.

The Aveeno Positvely Nourishing Smoothing body wash is pretty good, under $10 I believe.

Thanks astokes 
smile.gif
. Do you think it can get rid of ance on my chest and arms? For some reason, I just broke out all of a sudden. 

Originally Posted by Scorpio2258 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks astokes 
smile.gif
. Do you think it can get rid of ance on my chest and arms? For some reason, I just broke out all of a sudden. 
No problem!

Hmm.. Probably not, I break out there every once in a while too and I don't think it makes a difference in that department. I don't use the Aveeno wash as much anymore. I typically use a Lush product if i break out.

Maybe try one of the body washes with salicylic acid?

Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub has salicylic acid as an ingredient. It's just around $6, and it worked wonders for me. 
smile.gif

Have you tried exfoliating gloves?

I have found those to be perfect for me. The ones I use are different than the ones they seem to be selling right now, a bit more rough while the ones being softer. But I use gloves every time I shower with my usual shower gel. If I am finding that my face needs a little extra love, I'll use it on my face as well but just use a little less pressure than I use on my body.

Originally Posted by LuvMeSumBeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub has salicylic acid as an ingredient. It's just around $6, and it worked wonders for me. 
smile.gif
Thanks I'll try it asap.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried exfoliating gloves?

I have found those to be perfect for me. The ones I use are different than the ones they seem to be selling right now, a bit more rough while the ones being softer. But I use gloves every time I shower with my usual shower gel. If I am finding that my face needs a little extra love, I'll use it on my face as well but just use a little less pressure than I use on my body.
What are exfoliating gloves & do you buy them in stores??

Have you tried the St. Ives line of scrubs. They have multiple varieties. They are for your face, but I use them on my whole body. They are very affordable and should be really easy to find at most drugstores. It is definitely a staple in my skin care.

Make sure you read the ingrediants for scrubs. Using those that use cracked shells are not as friendly for the skin as those who use rolled oats. The shells tear at the skin and can cause damage while the ones with rolled oats are less so.

Baking soda makes an excellent and cheap exfoliator (dont use as a mask!).  If you want a good body scrub, use sugar with some sweet almond oil. I make it and keep in a jar in the shower.

It's funny that I came upon this post today. I was going to start one similar because I have a question about exfoliators. I'm going to ask my question anyway, but I'm glad I found this, too. There's lots of good advice here. 

My question is, has anyone tried any products like this? I'm a little intimidated by the whole "resurfacing" thing. I do use cleansers and moisturizers, but have never used an exfoliant before. Does it really make that much of a difference using one? 

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Make sure you read the ingrediants for scrubs. Using those that use cracked shells are not as friendly for the skin as those who use rolled oats. The shells tear at the skin and can cause damage while the ones with rolled oats are less so.
Oh ok. So don't use one that doesn't have rolled oats in it right?

Latest posts

Back