Good Lord!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good Lord!!
eek.gif

NEW YORK (AP) - A 25-year-old man from Georgia who was apparently distraught over President Bush's re-election shot and killed himself at ground zero. Andrew Veal's body was found Saturday morning inside the off-limits site, said Steve Coleman, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. A shotgun was found nearby, but no suicide note was found, Coleman said.

Veal's mother said her son was upset about the result of the presidential election and had driven to New York, Gus Danese, president of the Port Authority Police Benevolent Association, told The New York Times in Sunday's editions.

Friends said Veal worked in a computer lab at the University of Georgia and was planning to marry.

"I'm absolutely sure it's a protest," Mary Anne Mauney, Veal's supervisor at the lab, told The Daily News. "I don't know what made him commit suicide, but where he did it was symbolic." Police were investigating how Veal entered the former World Trade Center site, which is protected by high fences and owned by the Port Authority.

Woah, he kinda went a bit overboard in his protest didnt he. There are some nutters out there...

I don't agree with some of the things Bush does.. but I'm not gonna kill myself over it! LOL This guy went a little too far for a protest.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I cant say that im surprised because the world is full of nutjobs who have no concept of the real world.

When you get to 39 and have lived a life like i have, nothing surprises me that much lol.

Yes i agree it is a tragedy! Its a shame that this man was driven to commiting suicide for whatever reason.

Latest posts

Back