good moisturizer = good foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i use stila's illuminating foundation and the first time i bought it, i LOVED it and thought it was near perfect (not quite, though). before foundation, i always moisturized, as you're supposed to. i ran outta my HG moisturizer (olay total effects 7x), so i used whatever was in my cabinet (clean & clear, aveeno, etc.). lately, my foundation's been SO gross-looking on my skin. i didn't understand why. i knew it wasn't because my skin was dry because it wasn't and i moisturize.

today, i got olay in the mail (cheaper than buying it in the stores) and i just put it on after washing my face and then put my foundation on and wow. i never realized how big of a difference a moisturizer, a GOOD moisturizer, makes your foundation look. my skin, like when i bought it, looks so great with this on and i feel like i have nothing on.

i just wanted to share the importance of a good moisturizer, besides the obvious, when it comes to makeup. maybe you've already known/realized this, maybe you haven't, but let's just to be glad i have
icon_cheesygrin.gif

This is so true! Having a base makes all the difference. Does the Olay Total Effects have an SPF? I might want to give this one a try, in place of my usuals.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux This is so true! Having a base makes all the difference. Does the Olay Total Effects have an SPF? I might want to give this one a try, in place of my usuals. there's one with UV protection, 15 SPF. i'm the type of person that goes product to product, no matter how good it is, but this moisturizer is SO good, that i had to get another one. my skin is so ruddy and blotchy if i use anything else and with just one use of this, my skin looks flawless. give it a try!

what skin type are you? I'm trying to figure out what works on me.

Yea, thanks Jennifer, I'll try it out. Right now I'm using Eucerin Extra Protective Moisture Lotion (SPF 30) which does the job as far as protection, but I don't care for it as a foundation base (I end up feeling sticky, bleh). I'm going to try your HG and see what I think!

What is your skin type Liz? I have normal/acne prone skin.

eh, my skin is weird. it's acne prone first of all. right now it's kind of dry around my chin/cheeks. if I moisturize it too much, it gets oily. if i back off for a few days, then it gets dry. soooo anoying. i've been using biotherm's age defying moisturizer that comes in the pot with spf 15, but I just got philosophy's hope in a jar to see how that works.

It's so true! I have a couple of fave daytime moisturizers (Proactiv Oil Free Moisture & Olay Complete SPF15) and if I use anything different, my foundation doesn't look nearly as good and won't last as long.

i'm normal, a bit oily on the t-zone. it's especially dry and flaky above my lip, where i put lots of benzoyl peroxide to dry this HUGE zit up, so i need to restore that moisture and olay's the thing for it
icon_cool.gif

if you give it a try, joy, let me know how it works!

Back