Good products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've decided to cut down alot on my makeup,especially my foundations and concentrate on skincare products instead,I'm not afraid to spend quite a bit on it as it will be an investment if it makes a good impact on my skin,just wondering what you could recommend thats simple and does the job ?

My skin is normal but can be oily in the t zone and is prone to blackheads and those horrible bumps under the skin.

I use Arbonne RE9 System and It adjust to your skin type so anyone can use it. It's nice because if you are dry in one area and oily in another it will adjust to that and work perfectly. It also has a 45 day money back guarantee. I also use the Arbonne Deep Pore Cleanser to help draw out impurities. Good Luck!!

I would rather spend money on skin care vs. makeup. I swear by these products:

DDF 10% glycolic tonic

Paula's choice skin balancing cleanser

Paula's choice 1% bha lotion

Mary Kay acne clearing gel

Origins Modern Friction (just got it)

Benefit EyeCon

Apple Cider Vinegar (the cheapest but best skin care you can get! imo.)

Originally Posted by Ruth. I've decided to cut down alot on my makeup,especially my foundations and concentrate on skincare products instead. Okay, I don't have any advice for which brand you should go for or anything like that, but I think that cutting down on you're foundation could be a big mistake. I think that you can go as cheap as chips with colour cosmetics but skimping on your base could be a mistake, particularly as you say you have oily parts to your skin.
Go for skimping on lippy, e/s, blush and mascara, but still spend on your moisturiser and foundation. Moisturiser sorts out your problems, but foundation stays on your skin all day, so at they very least go mid-range. If you wear foundation you're skin will thank you for it.

As a staple I would suggest a gentle cleanser and a good bha product. I started with PC 1%bha gel and will switch to 2% bha in the evenings. Then if needed (I mostly don't), a moisturizer (I use one by Kiss my Face).

If you get bha products you have to check that the ph is about 3, and there should be no alcohol in it. I would not buy a bha or aha cleanser, as it doesn't stay long enough on the skin to make a difference.

I love Arbonne skincare products! I signed up with Arbonne as an independent consultant because the products are so fantastic. If you would like a sample, email me at XXXSPAMXXX

ok, so I don't know if you are interested in any of these products I mentioned earlier. But I just wanted to say that I returned the Origins Modern Friction (I had it for a week) because my face felt like it was on fire after I used it (it was fine the first time, but did this the second and third time). So I'm just telling you to be ware, if you were interested. And also, I decided that I like the Paula's Choice cleanser better than the md formulations cleanser as well. (I got the md formulations kit and decided all the stuff in it weren't bad but not great). I still swear by the rest of the products and would like to say that dhc skincare is also awesome!!! I just received the deep cleansing oil (to remove impurities, makeup, etc---before face wash), and I am going to purchase the softening lotion (which is a toner), and I am waiting for the acerola gel (which I heard is awesome!!!). Geesh, I'm already hooked on this line!!!
icon_neutral.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
. Anyways, all these products have definitely made my complexion look soooo nice. And most of them are not cheap, but they are not rediculously priced. Sorry I wrote a novel for you, but hope I helped.

Originally Posted by jennyb I would rather spend money on skin care vs. makeup. I swear by these products:DDF 10% glycolic tonic

Paula's choice skin balancing cleanser

Paula's choice 1% bha lotion

Mary Kay acne clearing gel

Origins Modern Friction (just got it)

Benefit EyeCon

Apple Cider Vinegar (the cheapest but best skin care you can get! imo.)

Originally Posted by momma24

I love Arbonne skincare products! I signed up with Arbonne as an independent consultant because the products are so fantastic. If you would like a sample, email me at XXXSPAM KILLEDXXX

Hi Lori,
Welcome to MakeupTalk! Glad to have you here. We love having more SKINCARE product enthusiasts and are happy that you've joined!

You might not have been aware of the spam rules outlined in the registration section. It is considered "spamming" to promote YOURS or other web sites with referral links. Chances are that you have overlooked this or did not fully understand it. NO big deal!
icon_redface.gif
I have edited your post so that it does not have the promotional link. We want you on board, but need to be sensitive to the spam issue. Kindly review our rules here

Once again, thank you for joining MakeupTalk. We look forward to your posts.

Sincerely,

222-spam.jpg

Back