Good To Know: Hair Types - Lots of pics!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hair is wierd. If I get out of the shower and brush it, but don't dry it it's a 1c. If I get out of the shower and don't brush it, just let it do whatever it usually ends up a 2a. If I take a shower at night and just go to bed with it wet, when I wake up it's a bonafied 3a

I am a 1b, i have fine hair but lots of it, i do curl it sometimes but it never stays like that no matter what i put into my hair, its quite annoying at times

I'm 1a-1b.

To add, my hair can't cope with curling hair iron easily, nor curly perm
dong.gif

when I had my hair bleached, those were easier though.

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am a 4b..when my hair is wet i could pass for a 4a Grace, you may in fact be a combo 4a/b if that's the case. I think a very slight majority of our girls have this same hair type. The bulk of us naturally tend to fall between 3c - 4b. Although I've seen more than a few 3b folks in Naija too.

Originally Posted by mayyami /img/forum/go_quote.gif 1B - now, what to do with this info !? Well Mayyami, this sort of system can help you determine what kind of daily hair maintenance to use. It can also help you to relate to people with the same hair type. And lastly, most hair care professionals are at least somewhat aware of this kind of description, and that may help them decide how best to style your hair with the least amount of damage.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm either a 2b or a 2c. I hate it, though! lol! Shaundra, don't hate your hair. Love it fiercely. I'm not saying this is you at all, but the people I run into that wear their wavy hair straight have not ever been taught how to properly beautify wavy hair. All they know how to work with and appreciate is straight hair, and that's just a shame. The thing about wavy hair is that you have the best of both worlds. It can be made straight or curly with ease, and with no heat (you should really look into those methods). Straight and curly haired folks are not so lucky in that regard.

I've always labeled myself a 4a/4b combo. My hair is very weird though. The nape and crown are 4a and everything else if 4b.

Nice thread!

I think my hair is mostly a 2a. However on the crown/front it's a 2b or 2c. And near the neck it tends towards a 1c. Also, if I wash it and let it air dry outside when a lot of wind is blowing, then it becomes a 2c.

Am I just weird?? :)

Originally Posted by LillyV /img/forum/go_quote.gif Am I just weird?? :) Not at all.
wink.gif

Thanks this is an informative chart!! Im a mix of 3b and 3c... I have corkscrews underneath, and ringlets on top. Blah its so annoying to live with... Id give anything to have 1b or 1c or even 2a hair...
frown.gif

Back