good way to get rid of dark circles/lines

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have acquired dark lines and circles under my eyes due to lack of sleep as well as maybe not eating vegetables (vit k)

i heard that getting an eyecream with vitamin K,vitamin C ( L ascorbic acid), and vitamin A would be beneficial

To fully understand how to really begin to treat these dark circles, it helps to understand what they actually are. It's really very simple; they are a form of oxidizing hemoglobin. Oxidizing hemoglobin is an actual condition that is called methemoglobin, where excessive hemoglobin in the blood is converted to another chemical that can not deliver proper oxygen to the tissues.

This problem starts in the capillaries which are very small blood vessels that surround the extremely delicate skin around the eyes. Red blood cells must flow freely to keep these capillaries healthy, but it is very difficult at best in these delicate areas around the eyes.   To help the process your body produces enzymes to assist the red bloods cells as well as breaking down the hemoglobin in these cells. The hemoglobin is what gives blood it distinctive red color. You bruise when a part of your body is struck, and these same tiny vessels are damaged and start to leak, causing the bruised skin to turn a purplish color.   The same process occurs under your eyes; these tiny cells are damaged or broken. It affects some people much differently than others, but so does bruising. And the older you get, the more easily you bruise; and as you age, the darker you're under eyes get in most cases. Your capillaries are damaged and they are leaking. Rubbing your eyes or irritating them is damaging these very tender vessels. The skin around your eyes is the thinnest part of your body as well as the most delicate. The capillaries in these areas are also the closest to the surface than in any other part of your body.

But this is not the only cause. Bruising can be accelerated in our bodies by medications that interfere with this clotting process and causes more bleeding to occur in the tissues. This may be causing your circles to remain, grow, or darker no matter what miracle cure you use this week.

Arthritis medications that are non steroidal and anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen and include brands like Advil and Nuprin as well as naproxen medications such as Aleve will make you bruise much easier. Warfarin, a prescribed medication to prevent clotting can lead to excessive bruising as well as the dark circles under your eyes.

Treatments:

The next time you buy a dark under eye cure or a remedy look at the main ingredient; it will almost always be Vitamin K. Vitamin K has long been used to promote blood clotting and to prevent bleeding. As a cream form it has also demonstrated to extremely effective at reducing bruises very quickly.

But it has other very important function such as strengthening the blood vessel walls as well as the capillaries. Is it any real mystery that this is the top ingredient in most all of these cures?

Vitamin A is also very effective at both maintaining as well as repairing tissue that surrounds the eye. It also helps to prevent skin thinning and remember that the thinnest part of your skin is around your eyes. It also is a very powerful antioxidant that protects the skin against both infections as well as aging.

Vitamin C increases collagen which is the fibrous protein constituent of bone, tendons, and connective tissues, all especially important to these very tender areas around the eyes. It also assists in removing free radicals from the skin. A form of Vitamin C called L-ascorbic acid combined with Vitamin K in tropical creams is very effective at reducing the bruising affects under your eyes.

Vitamin E helps to regulate vitamin A as well as protecting against free radicals. It also protects your skin against ultra-violet light and pollutants; and both of these can and do damage the capillaries under your eyes.

And finally, the mineral Iron helps with combating these dark circles as a deficiency of iron can cause pale skin which in turn magnifies the circles as well as the veins in these tender vessels
anyone have any insight on this or any thing that has worked for them? thanks

I always have dark circles if lack of sleep, and if i have to work the next day or have a date, I will apply some eye cream or eye mask, these can highly improve the condition(I prefer Brand VII products, not too expensive but works on me). after all, these product is for instant sometimes, you have to balance your life and work. 
smilehappyyes.gif

I don't have much problems with dark circle, I normally use ice bag on my eyes to get rid of the dark circle and it works!

Latest posts

Back