Goodebox - April 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my box today!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I got almost the same box with Scooby384.. The only difference are I got Weleda Iris hydrating day cream and iris hydrating night cream. I also get the lip shimmer in champagne.. 

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am. Last two weeks of the semester. And its my last semester, so I have my research to defend on Friday. Plus exams and projects all at the same time! Eep! Im going to hide my box so that I dont pick it up and get tempted to look at the content more.
Good luck on finals! I am on finals too this week :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I feel your pain--end of semester grad school is awful! Good luck, I'm sure you'll finish up great! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am. Last two weeks of the semester. And its my last semester, so I have my research to defend on Friday. Plus exams and projects all at the same time! Eep! Im going to hide my box so that I dont pick it up and get tempted to look at the content more.

do you guys like goodebox better than eco-emi? I'm new to all this subscription stuff so these are my first few months trying them all out, but I feel like for eco-emi being around the same price (1 dollar less) it's such a better deal. I feel like I get sooooo much more stuff in my eco emi box. I have to decide which one I want because I really can't afford all these subcrtiption services :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I purchased a bunch to try them all out and decide which ones I like best because I'm so indecisive, but now I'm having a hard time choosing ... 
helpp.gif

Originally Posted by Lotus Luxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

do you guys like goodebox better than eco-emi? I'm new to all this subscription stuff so these are my first few months trying them all out, but I feel like for eco-emi being around the same price (1 dollar less) it's such a better deal. I feel like I get sooooo much more stuff in my eco emi box. I have to decide which one I want because I really can't afford all these subcrtiption services :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I purchased a bunch to try them all out and decide which ones I like best because I'm so indecisive, but now I'm having a hard time choosing ... 
helpp.gif
Yes, I like it way better.

My box was very similar to Scooby's, except I received the Weleda hydrating day and night cream (which expires in April 2012).  TBH, I am quite disappointed I received those Weleda samples (I had already gotten them in BB5 - the same ones - which expire in 04/12) even though they said on their FB they could be good up to 6 months.  I was planning on swapping but I don't want to swap anything that has an 04/12 expiration date =/
Overall, i think it was an all right box... I'll give them one more month, but I'm just trying to narrow down my boxes to about 5.

So ever sine learning about Alima Pure in the March Goodebox I've been obsessed! I entered their most recent contest and won!! I'm winning the Vintage Bouquet collection and their #39 brush!

http://www.alimapure.com/tools/brushes/39-large-shadow-brush

http://www.alimapure.com/special-collections/vintage-bouquet

so excited!! I think Im going to wear the new eyeshadows for my graduation ceremony!
I really love their contests!  I won one for a Stark skincare oil.  Did you happen to get your giveaway item yet?...I thought they would arrive in this month's box, but mine wasn't in there.

I received the same as Scooby384, except that I received the Weleda day cream instead of the Weleda Almond face lotion.  And, I received the merlot lip gloss, which is more of a dark berry shade rather than the bordeaux color.

My Weleda creams also have expiration dates of 4/2012.

Fluttershy, if you don't want your Weleda creams, I will swap you my sunscreen for the creams.  Just a thought.

The giveaway I won was directly on Alima Pure's website, but I haven't gotten my winnings yet. I expect Ill get them sometime next week :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box was very different from all of yours, so Im so excited to share. Once I get through this week I can finally take the time to look at it. 

Originally Posted by Lotus Luxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

helpp.gif
This is only my first Goodebox, but I have to say, right now, I like Eco-emi way better. Eco-emi has a greater variety of products in their boxes, and even though my Goodebox had a greater monetary value, both of my Weleda creams also expire this month and the rest of the box left me feeling meh. I'm usually really excited when I get an Eco-emi box. I'll give Goodebox one more month.

For anyone concerned about the date on their Weleda samples, here's what customer service sent me. 

Hi Sarah -  I've inquired with Weleda and they advised that in their office, they continue to use products for 6-9 months after the "best by" date.  Also, since the packages are air tight, oxidation is unlikely to begin until it's opened, which is what makes a product less effective.  She said "As long as they smell ok when you open them, they are good to use."  I hope that helps!  

She also said that if any members are too concerned to use them, she will send me replacements to send out, so let me know if you'd like to do that.

Cheers!
A. Wright

So I looked up buying some of the Killa Vanilla body butter that we received a 20% off code for...and is ships from Canada. The coupon takes $5.60 off, but the shipping alone to the USA is $15, making one lotion $37.40. Gonna have to pass :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think you'll need to email them since the links were in the March product email but not in the April. But I swear it says it on the April card we received in the box if I remember correctly. So they probably didnt realize they didnt have it on the newsletter.

yeah that's true.. last month we can take a survey and get 25% off.. They shouldn't charge shipping that much.. That's wayyy to much money to spend for one product... 

Okay so ill take photos of my box tomorrow. But this is what I got:

Get Creamed Body: Antioxidant Body Scrub

this came unscrewed in my box! But luckily its so concentrated that it didnt leak out at all

Lavera: Wild Rose Moisturizing Day Cream

i dont have mature skin or dry skin which is what the product description says its for. Maybe I should give it to my mom? At least it is certified vegan! And smells delicious. The cream is thick but feels like on my skin.

Lavera: Body Spa Lotion

am i weird that I dont ever use body lotion. I have the same body of nivea body lotion that i bought like 8 years ago. (probably should throw that out) but I just dont use it. The only part of my skin that gets dry is my back and its parts that I cant reach.

Linda Kammins: Daily Shine Shampoo, Daily Shine Rinse, Tea Tonic Rinse.

These products are such a weird concept with having to dilute and mix and what not. But I definitely appreciate the Goodebox gave us the application bottles! Im close to being out of my favorite shampoo and Ive notice my hair is a bit dry lately, so Ill definitely be using the shampoo. Cool that I bet this concentrate will last forever.

Weleda: Gentle Cleansing Milk.

Im almost out of the Vichy 3-in-1 sample that I received and it looks like this cleansing milk can be used without washing off too! I am the laziest person when it comes to routine and I hate washing my face in the sink. With these Im willing to spend a few minutes putting it on and wiping off with a cotton square.

Weleda: Refining Toner

I love me some toners. Even better if it is all natural.

Im not as excited about this month's products just because I received a toooon of skincare. But at least the hair products shake things up a bit. I'll report back once I do my full blog post. 

You didn't get any of the lip gloss? That was my favorite part...

I've tried everything from my box except the sunscreen (saving that for the pool ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, and my favorites from this box are the Weleda samples (which I hear we are getting some newer, bonus samples in the next box because these had a 'use by' date of this month), the Get Creamed vanilla lotion I received (but the company ships from Canada and they have a flat rate shipping of $15 to the USA), the DeVine with Wine lip gloss, and the peppermint hair rinse. 

Back