Goodebox - April 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it must have beeswax or carmine, they werent listed as being vegan. So I appreciate that err on the side of caution.

I thought Goodebox was supposed to be all vegan.....hmmmm, I wonder where I read that 
blink.gif

Edit: You're right, on the list of products some are specified as vegan and some are not, the lip gloss is not. I didn't realize that, I like it!

You have to put down in your survey that you want all vegan. Either way ALL the products are cruelty-free and what not. But not all cruelty-free products are free of animal products.

I'm having trouble writing up the review since my box was sort of blah. Not that Im not happy, just none of the products were uber exciting. I definitely get more excited over makeup.

These monthly subs aren't a great source of makeup products...they are thrown in here and there, but if you want more makeup I would look into New Beauty test tube or beauty fix....I hear the quarterly subs have lots more makeup.

Id just rather a nice mixture of things. A pre-makeup product or makeup remover, an actual makeup item, 2 skincare, 2 body care. Some kind of mixture like that would make me super happy. 

But I finally got my review up. Now that I realized that my current shampoo has a version of SLS Im excited to try the Linda Kammin shampoo. Have you tried yours yet?

So here is my review! http://mesjoiesdevivre.blogspot.com/2012/05/goodebox-april-2012.html

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But I finally got my review up. Now that I realized that my current shampoo has a version of SLS Im excited to try the Linda Kammin shampoo. Have you tried yours yet?
I tried the shampoo, peppermint rinse, and tea rinse and I didn't care for the shampoo or tea. But I LOVE the peppermint rinse, and am seriously considering purchasing that! It makes my hair feel so awesome!

GoodeBox did something really nice and unexpected.. I had noticed that they charged 2 months;' boxes.. Happens with some other companies, and if I tracked it all down, I would spend all my life contacting CS/ billing depts. So I didn't contact Goodebox.

Instead, they contaced me.. They had double- billed me for a box- the one with all that hair stuff in it to mix up like a home perm. Then, they billed me for the upcoming box.

They refunded my money to my card, then they sent me a duplicate box out. ( Minus the samples of mineral makeup in teeny jars and with a better facial moisturizer-- some differences).

I thought that was very nice of them to do, and I wanted to share a " goode story" with you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Lillly

GoodeBox did something really nice and unexpected.. I had noticed that they charged 2 months;' boxes.. Happens with some other companies, and if I tracked it all down, I would spend all my life contacting CS/ billing depts. So I didn't contact Goodebox.

Instead, they contaced me.. They had double- billed me for a box- the one with all that hair stuff in it to mix up like a home perm. Then, they billed me for the upcoming box.

They refunded my money to my card, then they sent me a duplicate box out. ( Minus the samples of mineral makeup in teeny jars and with a better facial moisturizer-- some differences).

I thought that was very nice of them to do, and I wanted to share a " goode story" with you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Lillly

I'm changing to all Vegan. Looks like a fuller, nicer selection of products to me.

Also, Goodebox sent me an email about the expired Weleda products.. I didn't contact them.. They have GOOD CS!!

. It says, in part: " **Note: It has been brought to our attention that the winning have an expiration date of April 30, 2012. While they are still safe for use according to Weleda, they have offered to replace them to allay any concerns. Look out for your replacement samples in your May Goodebox (not instead of anything else...but in addition to the awesome things coming.). "

Originally Posted by TallCoolTexan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, Goodebox sent me an email about the expired Weleda products.. I didn't contact them.. They have GOOD CS!!
I love Goodebox so much already, I've had nothing but great things to say!

When I signed up after the cut off date for the launch box, 'A. Wright' with customer service sent me an email asking if I'd like to go ahead and pay for my first month, and receive an extra March launch box they had available...I said Yes Please! This was on a Thursday, the following Monday I received another email from A.Wright letting me know my box did not go out when she had told me it would, that they were sorry, and that my April box would be free for the trouble! I hadn't thought of it much over the weekend, I figured they would probably send it out on Monday anyway....so this was an unexpected little surprise, and made me really put some more stock into this company.
When the April box came, I noticed the expiration dates on the Weleda samples and contacted A. Wright to see if they were aware of it, and if it was going to affect the samples at all. She responded promptly with a written reply, promising to contact Weleda regarding the expiration dates. Not too long after that she wrote me back and let me know that Weleda was OK'ing the sealed samples, but if I was still uncomfortable with it, to let her know and they would send me some newer samples. I let it go after that, taking what she said to be true and have been using the samples with no issues. I then received an email saying that Weleda would be providing them with more samples for the May boxes to replace the almost/expired ones we received.

Impeccable customer service, no question.

So far the boxes have been of great quality, I have no complaints with any of the products. And, I might be jumping the gun here...but the lack of perfume samples excites me! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sticking with Goodebox for the long haul!

LO.. I am literally laughing.. , You have no idea how timely your comment about the lack of perfume samples is. I accidentally splashed some of the extremely masculine- scented Bond Number 9 " Bleecker Street" out of the sample vial because I was really convinced they sent me men's cologne. I had to go to the Bond Street website to make certain..

Now, I have a terrible headache because the scent just won't go away and it smells so.. strange... for a women's fragrance. Maybe like the iconic fragrances " Creed" and " Jicky". I've never smelled either, but both have a very long history, going back many many years and are hard to find. This leads me to believe that they are woodsy and " non- traditional",
Nice way of trying to say " NO PERFUME SAMPLES".

I have a huge basket full of the things with their little romance cards. I'll never use them because I have A signature fragrance.

Goodebox has very good curators who find good products from some names new to me, and I don't think they are " management heavy".. I've liked everything they've sent, with the slight exception of the concentrated hair products and home salon mixing bottle thing..

Lilly

Goodebox has very good curators who find good products from some names new to me, and I don't think they are " management heavy".. I've liked everything they've sent, with the slight exception of the concentrated hair products and home salon mixing bottle thing..

Lilly
You know what, that was what I liked least about the last box. I didn't enjoy the tea rinse experience, and the lack of suds with the shampoo left me wanting more. The peppermint rinse was my favorite of the trio, but since I've acquired an Orofluido hair mask, I no longer have a desire to use the peppermint rinse. (I liked trying some new things and being able to rule them out as things I know I am not/or am interested in.) Everything else I loved :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Can't wait till next week for the next Goodebox!

I agree.  The concentrated hair products were a little too 'home-made' for me.  But, I love Goodebox!  And, part of their charm for me is that they get me to push my boundaries where it comes to trying new products, because I trust that they have checked out the suppliers and only send me interesting, fresh, sustainable, cruelty free samples.  Plus, I adore the pink ribbons!

I think my May box will be waiting for me once I get home from vacation. I cannot wait! And I wonder if we will be getting the exact same Weleda products that were expired or if we will get different products to try. We shall see!

Latest posts

Back