Goodebox - April 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Goodeboxes ship Friday, and I'm told they will have several different versions this month...can't wait to see what they have for us!

Last month's box was kind of iffy for me - especially for it being so pricey at $16 and because all the items but 2 were skincare, and the 2 "makeup" samples were quite tiny (and one skincare item from them has already dried out despite me keeping it away from moisture like they warned).  I do love organic / eco-friendly products and strive to use skincare / makeup items that are as natural as possible.

The problem I have with companies who send out different combinations of sample item in boxes is that sometimes not all the combinations seem very equal / desirable in product value and just general product excitement to the consumer.  Example: Birchbox will send some customers a box worth maybe $12 while another person gets a box worth $40.  Now, I know a lot of product sample likes/dislikes is subjective to the person but I hope Goodebox has the know-how to not make some boxes obviously a better value than the others.  Furthermore, without a beauty profile / survey, some people may get items not for them (like a moisturizer for dry skin instead of oily) when there are multiple product combinations like this. I always give sample companies the 3 month trial period before I cancel.  I love the Goodebox contests, too, because I just won one, lol.

They do have a beauty profile, and claim to use them. The different boxes coming out next month might be tailored to different skin or beauty types...like a box for oily skin/box for dry skin, stuff like that. I originally tried them because of what they state in their FAQ:

Product Selection Based on Your Profile Many of the items in the Goodebox are good for everyone, but sometimes, certain products are geared toward specific concerns, certain skin types and the like.  To help us select the best possible products for you, members create a personalized profile, telling us about your age, skin type, hair type, and other personal preferences, like whether you prefer vegan goods or are allergic to peanuts,  and what your most pressing health & beauty concerns are.  It may be that occasionally, you will receive something that’s not quite right for you, but chances are, you know someone who it would be perfect for, and sharing is so much more fun than disappointment.

I cannot wait!! I think Goodebox is my favorite sub so far! I loved every product last month and thought the sample sizes were great!

I've been using the bronzer daily and still have a ton left. Since a little goes a long way with mineral makeup I think it was a fair size.

Plus, I ordered samples from Alima Pure with the 25% discount and I do think that we got bigger/maybe double sample sizes in our boxes (compared to the concealers/foundations I ordered). 

Their beauty survey was so unique and so detailed that I think the surveys will be really beneficial!

I Loved everything about my box too...I hope it will stay up to that quality and not decrease in awesomeness after the launch box lol. They ship today!!

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So ever sine learning about Alima Pure in the March Goodebox I've been obsessed! I entered their most recent contest and won!! I'm winning the Vintage Bouquet collection and their #39 brush!

http://www.alimapure.com/tools/brushes/39-large-shadow-brush

http://www.alimapure.com/special-collections/vintage-bouquet

so excited!! I think Im going to wear the new eyeshadows for my graduation ceremony!
 Congratulations on both winning free goodies and your upcoming graduation ceremony!
five.gif

Thanks!! I've got a lot of work to get through before I get there! But I will be jumping and skipping across that stage!

I just got my shipping notification! Bam!

Thanks!! I've got a lot of work to get through before I get there! But I will be jumping and skipping across that stage!

I just got my shipping notification! Bam!
Your Goodebox shipping info? 

I got a notice from USPS that my box has shipped with a tracking code, but the tracking code hasn't updated other than electronic info received. But it says 1-3 days is the estimated delivery. So hopefully by Wednesday :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got a notice from USPS that my box has shipped with a tracking code, but the tracking code hasn't updated other than electronic info received. But it says 1-3 days is the estimated delivery. So hopefully by Wednesday :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Jealous!!

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my shipping info at 3 am this morning lol! 
 Awesome! I got mine early today too. I can't wait to see what goodies we get this month

Ladies!!! Just received my Goodebox, super spoiler alert!

The April products from left to right are:

True Natural (Goodebox Pick) Active Sunscreen SPF 40: Full size 3oz $18, Our sample size 1oz = $6

Linda Kammins (Renee's Picks) Tea Tonic Hair Rinse: Full size bag w/ applicator bottle $23.50, Our sample size 1 tea bag $(not sure the value of this one, can't find how much product comes in the full size bag) gonna call it $1 for now, let me know if anyone finds that info!

Linda Kammins Daily Shine Lavender Shampoo: Full size 8oz $14, Our sample size 1oz = $1.75

Linda Kammins Daily Shine Peppermint Rinse: Full size 8oz $14, Our sample size 1oz = $1.75

Get Creamed Body (Renee's Picks) Killa Vanilla Whipped Body Cream (smells amazing!!): Full size 8oz $28, Our sample size .5oz = $1.75

Weleda (Renee's Picks) Iris Hydrating Night Cream: Full size 1oz $21, Our sample size .17oz = $3.57 

Weleda Soothing Almond Facial Lotion: Full Size 1oz $24, Our sample size .16oz = $3.84 

Look DeVine with Benefits from wine (Renee's Picks) Lip Shimmer in Bordeaux: Full size included, $4

Total Goodebox value: $23.66 (contingent on the value of the tea)
Haven't tried any of the products yet, but I'm super pleased. The lotion smells fantastic, the lip gloss looks like a color good for me, and I'm excited to try the face creams and hair products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
What did everyone else get?

They changed the packaging this month (no cute little birds nest type box fillers), also comes with a fold out paper listing all the items sent out in boxes this month, with your items checked off in the list, and includes all the coupon codes and websites for the items. I love that they had several versions this month to take advantage of the beauty profiles. All the skin stuff I got is for MY skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Loving this Goodebox!

Wearing the lip gloss now, and it smells and feels wonderful...and the color is perfect!

I got my box today too! I won't be able to really take a look at it until this crazy week is over, but I love that they obviously took my profile into consideration and only sent me vegan products! 

I got my box today too! I won't be able to really take a look at it until this crazy week is over, but I love that they obviously took my profile into consideration and only sent me vegan products! 
No time to look in the box all week? You must be really busy lol! And that's one thing I love about them...all vegan! 

I am. Last two weeks of the semester. And its my last semester, so I have my research to defend on Friday. Plus exams and projects all at the same time! Eep! Im going to hide my box so that I dont pick it up and get tempted to look at the content more.

Oh really, there is a beauty profile?  I had not realized that....I tried to log into the site to see if I took it, but I don't see a log in button anywhere.   Did we take the survey when we first signed up for the company?  I really hope i took the survey..lol...

Originally Posted by Fluttershy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh really, there is a beauty profile?  I had not realized that....I tried to log into the site to see if I took it, but I don't see a log in button anywhere.   Did we take the survey when we first signed up for the company?  I really hope i took the survey..lol...
Their info for changing your beauty profile is in their FAQ: Scroll down to 

Can I make changes to my Goodebox Member Product Preference Profile after I join? and click Click here to submit changes to your Member Profile.

Latest posts

Back