Goodebox - June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This message was sent to you at the request of Goodebox, to notify you that they have shipped a package to you. For details about your shipment or to track your package, please refer to the information below.

Mailing Date: 6/16/2012 Est. Delivery: 1-3 days Service: First Class ®

I haven't received a shipping notice yet.  

One thing I really don't like is the delay between being billed and shipping.  

Originally Posted by MakeupGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shouldn't this be for June?
LOL Yes...June! 
laughno.gif

Originally Posted by seap3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't received a shipping notice yet.  

One thing I really don't like is the delay between being billed and shipping.  
Do you mean the amount of time between being billed and shipping? 

Yes, I know that it's common for a lot of companies to have such a long delay, but I really don't like it.  I guess I prefer the way BB or SS does it with only a short time between billing and shipping.

I was billed by Goodebox around the 23rd last month, and now it's almost billing time again and I still haven't even received a shipping notice. 

Just got my Goodebox.  This is my first subscription box ever that I was completely surprised by what I got (I usually have to peek at the spoilers).

I'm really happy to try everything.  One nice thing about this sub is that the products are all things that I never would have thought to buy, so it will be fun to be exposed to some new things.  And there were a LOT of products in this box

I'll be keeping this sub for at least another month.  Now I just need to figure out how to update my billing info before the next billing date.

Just got my Goodebox.  This is my first subscription box ever that I was completely surprised by what I got (I usually have to peek at the spoilers).

I'm really happy to try everything.  One nice thing about this sub is that the products are all things that I never would have thought to buy, so it will be fun to be exposed to some new things.  And there were a LOT of products in this box

I'll be keeping this sub for at least another month.  Now I just need to figure out how to update my billing info before the next billing date.
Could you please post your pics and contents under a spoiler here?

I'm never able to find any spoilers until my box arrives and this is my 4th one!!

And I'm dying lol! Please!! 
yay.gif

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Could you please post your pics and contents under a spoiler here?

I'm never able to find any spoilers until my box arrives and this is my 4th one!!

And I'm dying lol! Please!! 
yay.gif
I will as soon as I get back from taking my kids to the dentist. 
smile.gif

I'm surprised I got mine so fast.

Here it is... I hope.  First time trying to post a spoiler with a picture.

Benecos Creamy Eyeshadow Pencil - Full Size, I got Golden but Lilac is also available - I swatched this and it went on really nicely, very creamy and easy to blend Bodhi Sugar Scrub Coola Face SPF 30 Matte Finish Cucumber EO Lemon Verbena Body Lotion Shamunuti Activated Charcoal Cleanser Shamanuti Seaweed Toner Strawberry Hedgehog Handmade Soap - I got Eucalyptus Lime

And here's a pic of the product card, but I don't know if you will be able to read it...

Here it is... I hope.  First time trying to post a spoiler with a picture.

Benecos Creamy Eyeshadow Pencil - Full Size, I got Golden but Lilac is also available - I swatched this and it went on really nicely, very creamy and easy to blend Bodhi Sugar Scrub Coola Face SPF 30 Matte Finish Cucumber EO Lemon Verbena Body Lotion Shamunuti Activated Charcoal Cleanser Shamanuti Seaweed Toner Strawberry Hedgehog Handmade Soap - I got Eucalyptus Lime

Thanks! Sweet box!!

Here's the estimated value

Benecos Creamy Eyeshadow Pencil - Full Size, I got Golden but Lilac is also available - I swatched this and it went on really nicely, very creamy and easy to blend - $10.99   Bodhi Sugar Scrub - unsure of sample size, maybe .5oz - full size is 4oz for $28, so approx.$3.50   Coola Face SPF 30 Matte Finish Cucumber - .169 oz (full size 1.7oz $36)   $3.58   EO Lemon Verbena Body Lotion - 1.5 oz (full size 8oz $8.99) $1.69   Shamunuti Activated Charcoal Cleanser - 1oz (full size 4oz $28) $7   Shamanuti Seaweed Toner - 1oz (full size 4 oz $28) $7   Strawberry Hedgehog Handmade Soap - I got Eucalyptus Lime - unsure of sample size, full bar is $8, so maybe $1-2   Total value: approx. $35   Everything is vegan except the eyeshadow pencil - the other option from benecos was an eyeshadow duo that is vegan

I've gotten blush, lip/cheek stain, bronzer, lip gloss, eye liner and now eye shadow from them all in 4 months. Not to mention all the other 

products that I loved almost all of...loving this service :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Sweet!

I received my box today, but it was missing an item :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Their Customer Service is always really good at getting back to me so hopefully they will fix it soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1. Buddha Nose Bodhi Sugar Scrub 4oz (Vegan)

2. Coola Face SPF 30 Matte Finish Cucumber 5ml (Vegan)

3. EO Lemon Verbena Body Lotion 1.5fl oz (Vegan)

4. Shamanuti Activated Charcoal Cleanser (looks like 30 ml, can't read it well) (Vegan)

5. Shamanuti Seaweed Toner (looks like 30ml) (Vegan)

6. Strawberry Hedgehog Handmade Soap Bar Coconut-Almond (smells amazing!, no weight) (Vegan)

7. Benecos Creamy Eyeshadow Pencil , Full Size 1.41g in Lilac (missing 
frown.gif
)
This is my 5th box and I have loved everything about every one. Great items, great variety, great message, great company! 

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my box today, but it was missing an item :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Their Customer Service is always really good at getting back to me so hopefully they will fix it soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1. Buddha Nose Bodhi Sugar Scrub 4oz (Vegan)

2. Coola Face SPF 30 Matte Finish Cucumber 5ml (Vegan)

3. EO Lemon Verbena Body Lotion 1.5fl oz (Vegan)

4. Shamanuti Activated Charcoal Cleanser (looks like 30 ml, can't read it well) (Vegan)

5. Shamanuti Seaweed Toner (looks like 30ml) (Vegan)

6. Strawberry Hedgehog Handmade Soap Bar Coconut-Almond (smells amazing!, no weight) (Vegan)

7. Benecos Creamy Eyeshadow Pencil , Full Size 1.41g in Lilac (missing 
frown.gif
)
This is my 5th box and I have loved everything about every one. Great items, great variety, great message, great company! 
That's too bad about the missing item.

I think I would have really liked the scent of your item #6.  Wish I had gotten that!

I used #1 & 3 last night & really liked them.  I used all of #1 - might need to buy more.

My step- lovey gave me her Goodebox yesterday. We got what you all got. Soap is fragrance of the second one mentioned.. I was impressed how they wrapped up the fragile items. And the pink bow is SO cute!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Since I am bored to tears and also hurting with my injury, my step mom got me a subscription to what seems to be a new subscription  box called " Good and Lovely".

I don't know if I should start a thread about it but it's a bit like Goodebox.. only not as much and not as nice. I don't want another of these because it was $14.00 and I think the value is only probably around $4-5 dollars, tops. It, has only 2 usable body products,  and also has what I would call a sample of " medicine" in it.

I got 3 envelopes of tea from the rainforest that I won't touch since it's 101 degrees in the shade!! I consider tea packets to be virtually worthless fillers. 

A natural brownie which I did try. It was very good and fresh. From a company called " Dancing Deer"

. A 1.5 oz tube of Alba Botanica brand natural shaving cream in Mango Vanilla. I use my bath gel not a thick cream. May give this to someone else in the household.

One Aura Cacia brand  small " shower tablet" ( a small flat bath fizz tablet thing I think) in Reviving Peppermintt. All kind of OK but not great. Might use someday, might not.

Then there is  the unusual and possibly " iffy" product safety wise, a packet of what is called " Rescue Pastilles" from a company named Bach. Seems to be from Europe.The packet says " Trusted brand for over 70 years in 66 countries". Apparently not including the USA, not sure 

I don't recognize one thing on the active ingredients list... Don't see an expiration date on the pack either.. 

Oh, and there is a little card in the box that says "SAVE THIS TOKEN" ( all caps). In small letters, it says "Collect 12 of these tokens and we will donate an additional $5 to celebrate the anniversary". So, I'm wondering what donation. Top of card says "You ( sic) donation will provide feminine care products for a less fortunate woman- Thanks".

Does anyone else have any experience with " Good and Lovely" boxes? Mom thought it would be almost exactly like Goodebox, she says. It's not anywhere close. Goodebox is really sweet.

LauraB

Latest posts

Back