Goodebox March

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my samples from clairvoyant today. I hate to say it but I think the perfume smells terrible. 

They describe it on their website as: 

Quote: Clairvoyant, our wild-crafted natural fragrance, invites you to see beyond the range of ordinary perception, and celebrates the mystery of being a woman. Crisp floral-green top notes of bergamot and lime leads you into an exploration. Bulgarian rose middle notes blend with jasmine and ylang ylang to relax the senses and enhance your own natural harmony and beauty. Warm, lush, inviting base notes of tobacco, fir and green cognac suggest a subtle sexiness;the mystery and possibility of being a Clairvoyant woman.
but to me it smelled like butt, lol. 

I haven't tried it on yet, I just wafted the smell but I don't think I'd ever WANT to put it on, lol.

I can see where you get butt, lol.

It smells like an organic, hippie version of Elizabeth Arden's White Diamond, or any other old lady perfume. It actually reminds me of my grandma. But that isn't good. That is a mixture of perfume, old person, and powder scented diapers...

Once it mellows out a bit, it does smell somewhat nice because of the Jasmine. But still really old lady.

I also got my samples today! Thank you for posting about it here. 
heart.gif
 I'm liking the eye gel! 
biggrin.gif
 It smells a lot like a fresh cut cucumber which is super clean and refreshing to me.

However, I'm unsure about the perfume. I didn't care for how it smelled in the vial, I guess I prefer "fruity" and sweet/sugary perfumes? This one has that older woman smell to me. It's not bad. I truly do think I just prefer more "youthful" smelling, catered to teens/20 somethings (yet I'm in my 30s), perfumes. lol. I put it on hoping the smell would turn into something I liked more on myself, as perfumes smell different on everyone, but no dice. It's sort of a complicated smell, but something my mother would absolutely adore! My Mom is big on perfumes like Ciara, various Elizabeth Taylor scents, and Opium, so I'm passing it on to her. Maybe they will have a new lover of their perfume with my Mom? 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can see where you get butt, lol.

It smells like an organic, hippie version of Elizabeth Arden's White Diamond, or any other old lady perfume. It actually reminds me of my grandma. But that isn't good. That is a mixture of perfume, old person, and powder scented diapers...

Once it mellows out a bit, it does smell somewhat nice because of the Jasmine. But still really old lady.

LOL! Must have been in the middle of typing out my reply when you posted this. I concur. 
biggrin.gif

Oh well this is why it reminds me of White Diamonds

White Diamond:

Top Notes:  Bergamot, Orange, Neroli, Aldehydes, Spice Note

Middle: Carnation, Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Jasmine, Cinnamon

Base: Patchouli, Citrus, Sandalwood, Civet, Amber, Moss, Musk

Clairvoyant

Top Notes: Bergamot and Lime

Middle Notes: Rose, Jasmine and Ylang Ylang

Base Notes: Tobacco Absolue, Fir Absolue and Green Cognac

Oh well this is why it reminds me of White Diamonds

White Diamond:

Top Notes:  Bergamot, Orange, Neroli, Aldehydes, Spice Note

Middle: Carnation, Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Jasmine, Cinnamon

Base: Patchouli, Citrus, Sandalwood, Civet, Amber, Moss, Musk

Clairvoyant

Top Notes: Bergamot and Lime

Middle Notes: Rose, Jasmine and Ylang Ylang

Base Notes: Tobacco Absolue, Fir Absolue and Green Cognac

That explains a lot. I'm also not into white diamonds lol. My 25 year old coworker always tells me I smell so goood how do I do it, then she shows up to work in white diamonds making me gag, lol. 

I'm definitely a fruity/sugary scent person, viva la juicy and taylor swift's wonderstruck are my current favorites, and my usual go to was lacoste's touch of pink. SO yeah, bring on the vanilla, raspberry, etc for me haha.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That explains a lot. I'm also not into white diamonds lol. My 25 year old coworker always tells me I smell so goood how do I do it, then she shows up to work in white diamonds making me gag, lol. 

I'm definitely a fruity/sugary scent person, viva la juicy and taylor swift's wonderstruck are my current favorites, and my usual go to was lacoste's touch of pink. SO yeah, bring on the vanilla, raspberry, etc for me haha.
YEEES! This is me as well. I loveloves all of those scents. 
wub.gif

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

YEEES! This is me as well. I loveloves all of those scents. 
wub.gif

lol apparently you and I should have a glitter super sweet perfume party hahaha. I love being a girly girl. 
smile.gif

haha. isnt the mask amazing! It made my skin tingle to the point I thought my skin was burning, but it was just it truly firming up. I had no issues with eye sensitivity and my eye area is overly sensitive. Some makeups and toners will burn my poor outer upper cheek bone near the outside corner of my eye; to the point I have red, raw marks. I already bought the full-size :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And I really do think my eyes have looked more awake and less puffy.

hah. I love sparkling florals. It has to be crisp and fresh and light for me to love it. Right now Im loving Twirl and Silk by Zara.

hah. I love sparkling florals. It has to be crisp and fresh and light for me to love it. Right now Im loving Twirl and Silk by Zara.

I loved twirl in the bottle and I'm a serious kate spade lover and it is SO kate spade, but omg it smelled so bad on me. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol apparently you and I should have a glitter super sweet perfume party hahaha. I love being a girly girl. 
smile.gif

LOL!  I'll bring the tiaras! 
biggrin.gif
 I love being a girly girl too. It's part of the fun of being female, and sort of makes up for the evil that happens to us once a month. Sort of. 
icon_frown.gif
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL!  I'll bring the tiaras! 
biggrin.gif
 I love being a girly girl too. It's part of the fun of being female, and sort of makes up for the evil that happens to us once a month. Sort of. 
icon_frown.gif
icon_lol.gif

lol yay! It really is so much fun being a girl, and my period is only terrible for one day, so I'd rather have that than be a boy. ew. :p 

yeah I wouldnt trade being a girl for anything. Dresses, heels, makeup, not having a penis, and the list goes on and on. 

yeah I wouldnt trade being a girl for anything. Dresses, heels, makeup, not having a penis, and the list goes on and on. 

lol, everything but the penis part, but only if it were just for the day, and I could be in the body of my choosing that day to, uh, check things out. That said, it would be preferable if I could transfer myself into Jared Leto or Tom Welling's body for that and spend the day in a room full of mirrors. purrrrrrrrrrrr. 

Not that I've thought about it... or something...
icon_lol.gif

haha! You'd be excited for one day and then get bored and grossed out. Well that's what I'd assume would happen if I ever had a freaky friday switcheroo. 

Back