Goodebox March

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got email confirmation this morning, and since I don't remember seeing a thread just for this box, I decided to start one (hope that's okay, long time lurker - first time poster here!). So it seems that Goodebox is finally shipping out their first boxes!

Mailing Date: 3/19/2012 Est. Delivery: 1-3 days Service: First Class ® Signature: Not Required Tracking: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And according to the tracking site, the electronic information was received the 17th. The moment of truth is almost at hand... I know a couple of you here caved like I did and ponied up the $16 for it, so hopefully it's not a dud. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Fingers crossed!

I signed up for this service too!!  Hoping it's a good worthwhile box...$16 is a lot...I'm part of too many sample services so if it's a dud, I really need to cancel. 

I just got my box! I won't give anything away since I know I like to be surprised, but Im really impressed!! A really nice mixture of products and the presentation is cute!

I think you guys will all be happy! I think Im keeping this sub and getting rid of myglam!

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my box! I won't give anything away since I know I like to be surprised, but Im really impressed!! A really nice mixture of products and the presentation is cute!

I think you guys will all be happy! I think Im keeping this sub and getting rid of myglam!

Tell us whats in it behind a spoiler cut!!!! I didn't order this one I just want to know, lol. 

I second that. What did you get?

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tell us whats in it behind a spoiler cut!!!! I didn't order this one I just want to know, lol. 

haha okay! I forgot I can do that!

Alima Pure (no sizes listed for either, but I asked)

-Luminous Shimmer Blush in Freja (gorgeous mineral blush)

-Luminous Shimmer Bronzer in Belize (mineral, the shade is like a clay, soft brown)

Clairvoyant Beauty

-Depuffing Cucumber and Cranberry Eye Gel (.5oz)

Cucumber and Cranberry Seed Oil soothes and calms irritated eyes while reducing water retention

I love that it smells like a real cucumber, not that cucumber melon shit we've grown to think is cucumber

-Balance Rosehip Oil and Hibiscus Facial Serum (.25oz)

Balancing, hydration for all skin types, even sensitive. Anti-aging formula is a natural astringent and highly antioxidant.

Stark Skincare (no sizes listed, but generous containers, think around .5-1oz each)

-Grapefruit Cleanse and Hydrate Balm

Water-less balm is both a cleanser and hyrdater. Melt away daily grime and dirt, replenishing your skin with healthy, antioxidant-rich plant derived oils and butters! also works as a moisturizer and a fly away tamer and after shave.

It kind of smells like white chocolate and grapefruit

-Green Tea Detox Clay Mask

Purify, detox, and brighten skin with this clay, green tea and fruit extract mask. Mixed with your liquid of choice use as a spot treatment or weekly for soft, supple skin.

It is a green tea colored, chalky looking powder. Seems really cool!

Jose Maran Cosmetic Bear Naked Wipes, 6 pack

These are my favorites wipes! 

I signed up for this service the other day (after the cut off date for March boxes) and earlier I got this email:

Hi Sarah - We're so excited to have you as a Goodebox member!  I'm getting in touch to see if you'd like your membership to be activated for the March box.  While your sign up was beyond the March box cutoff date, we have just finished shipping for the current month have some extras for this month, so I wanted to offer one to you.

If you choose to proceed with March, I will update your account accordingly, with your first membership charge going through when I hear from you and your first Goodebox would ship within 24 hours.  April's membership fee would be processed between March 25-30th, and shipped between April 15-20th.  If you'd rather just wait an go with April, that's absolutely fine as well and I will leave your membership as is.  I just like to provide the option when it's available.  
  Thanks for letting us know!  
Cheers!,
A. Wright

I was happy to receive this email, and answered with a resounding YES PLEASE! Even before I saw the box contents above, I am excited to try this one! They are the first box I have tried that states "To help us select the best possible products for you, members create a personalized profile, telling us about your age, skin type, hair type, and other personal preferences, like whether you prefer vegan goods or are allergic to peanuts, have an aversion to strong smells and what your most pressing health & beauty concerns are." And I'm pretty excited about that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's similar to the green grab bag in that the products are natural and organic, but it seems to be more personalized. When you sign up you take a survey that asks about your specific skin needs/concerns and beauty interests.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kruti81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what is goodebox? never heard of it.
That box does look nice, I can't wait to receive mine and see if the contents are the same.

I signed up for this too and received it today. I don't know how I feel about it yet... still on the fence. My box had the same products that snllama's box had, though this could just be because it is essentially their introductory box. While the products seem fine (just a bit on the tiny side), other subscription services have spoiled me in their presentation and just the overall appearance of the products themselves, lol. 

See for yourself if you're curious, I took a picture of my box under the cut.

The box was cute, but everything was double-sided taped to the info card. I like that on the reverse the info card goes indepth about the products (even lists fullsize prices). Sizes just seem tiny to me however. 
Also, on the card in the box, it says that you can take surveys if you're a member and get discounts... has anyone seen a place to do that, let alone log in???

Alright here is the picture of my box and my review!

http://mesjoiesdevivre.blogspot.com/2012/03/goodebox-march-2012.html

It came really neatly wrapped, but they taped everything down, so I ended up tearing the info card a bit. But Im sure that will be straightened out. I can't believe it was worth $72! And the companies all seem amazing! Some really well known and others just starting out. Plus what a great mixture of makeup and skincare, Im really satisfied!

Just got my box today, and I received the same items as snllama (I'm pretty sure everyone got the same items in their boxes).  I have to say I was kind of disappointed for $16 (they said an eye cream we received was worth about $30, although it does seem kind of overpriced), but then again, I knew what I was getting myself into (I had a feeling the boxes would probably contain 90% skincare items). I'm part of 12 or 13 subscription companies, so I am really stockpiling these skincare samples - ugh!!  I left a post on goodebox's wall, and they sort of reiterated what we already know about makeup samples - the cost of them and the lack of sample sizes.  I just do not need anymore skincare as my skin is kind of sensitive and any small ripple in my routine could cause a massive breakout so I really have to be careful with incorporating new products. I keep waiting for more sample boxes to include a better makeup to skincare ratio or even round out the box more with even amounts of skincare, makeup, hair, and other misc items.  However, with this being their first box, I might give them another 1-2 months, but $16 is kind of pricey for my pocketbook!!  I know this probably really isn't fair to judge them for giving so much skincare as these sample boxes could be looked at more as stand alone entities.  On the plus side, I am glad that I get to try out new brands as a majority of these brands I haven't heard of yet, and I love that they are all natural.  I am most excited to use those Josie Maran makeup wipes.  The last thing I would like to just mention to sum everything up is that if you like all natural skincare with a little bit of makeup (goodebox said that every box will contain at least SOME makeup in it) then you might want to subscribe to this box.  It's kind of like a sister box to green grab bag or Eco-Emi...but if you're on a tight budget and want the best eco-friendly sample option for your money, I'd go with Green Grab Bag -- I've received really great makeup samples from them thus far!!!

I can understand that you want more makeup. Im running out of face to try all these products on! lol. 

But I didn't have this issue when I was only subscribing to one or two a month, so I think Im going to downsize to only 3 a month. Now to figure out which ones Im getting rid of.

But for me, I think this is a keeper. I used the cucumber eye depuffer tonight and I could really feel it tightening! My skin already a few hours later looks calmer and less puffy. And I tried the GF balm and it worked well to remove my makeup and face impurities, plus my skin feels amazing! Im excited about all the other products I received too. More so than any other box I've gotten this month. 

I personally have not been that enticed to try green grab bag. A lot of the past products I've seen I would never have used. Only this month did the green grab bag look good. So maybe Ill join once I get rid of all the others. For now Im happy with goodebox. 

I got my bag today! I'm pretty happy with this box, but I don't know if I would keep it though.. $16 seems a little pricey for me.. 

yeah its a bit pricey, but im so impressed with their CS. They've emailed me back and forth about things they could work on. Plus, all the contests and coupons! I love it. Im for sure buying the cucumber depuffing gel. I got less than 3hrs of sleep last night and my coworker said she could barely tell I got such little sleep. She said I just didn't seem as bubbly, lol.

Latest posts

Back