Google Friend Connect for WP? What are you thoughts on GFC?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hm... does anyone know if there's still a way to get a Google Friend Connect widget for WP? It seems like GFC was discontinued except for bloggers' use to promote G+, but WP doesn't have an automatic widget for it like Blogger does. I'm wondering if there's a way to install it still and/or if it's even worth it.

Do you use GFC (as a blogger or as a reader)? Do you like it? I know a lot of bloggers were complaining about it being discontinued in general when it was, but do you feel like it helps with readership? Just lookin' for thoughts. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm a newbie to this beauty blogging thing still.

I believe GFC was closed for WP in March. I honestly was never that into it. I prefer a regular RSS feed myself.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I believe GFC was closed for WP in March. I honestly was never that into it. I prefer a regular RSS feed myself.
The hilarious part is I still haven't figured out how to use a personal RSS feed. Ironically I figured out how to install them, lol.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The hilarious part is I still haven't figured out how to use a personal RSS feed. Ironically I figured out how to install them, lol.
I just use the simple one on my Firefox. Like on your blog I hit the RSS button and then when it opens I choose to subscribe via live feeds and then hit subscribe an it puts it in my RSS toolbar.

Back