Great MAC makeover at Nordstrom Trend Show!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday was the Nordstrom Trend Show at Brea Mall. It was a video trend show, but they had a few models and national makeup artists present too. Plus GWP's at most lines. Fun event
icon_cheesygrin.gif

During the show they also gave out some free goodies for answering mu trivia questions. There were TONS of women there, so I didn't really expect to win anything. But, I was the only person who could name all of the new MAC Viva Glam V spokespeople (thanks to all the time I spend on mu sites!
wink.gif

I won: Spice lipliner, Midimauve lipstick, Nymphette Lipgloss (which I gave to my friend for her help), and Studio Tech foundation (I'm an NW 25).

One of the MAC senior pro artists also gave me a makeover. She was super nice, and spent about 2 hours doing my makeup! Unfortunately I forgot the digital camera, so I don't have any great pics
icon_sad.gif

But it was really fun, and I had to share
icon_smile.gif

How Cool! Sounds like fun..Do you remember what the MA used for your makeover?Brea Mall **sigh** used to hang out there WAAAAY too much back in the day..

LOL "IN THE DAY"

heheheheh

Originally Posted by allisong

How Cool! Sounds like fun..Do you remember what the MA used for your makeover?Brea Mall **sigh** used to hang out there WAAAAY too much back in the day..

Alittleweido, I think you are adorable ! Ha ha. Damn you're fun. You have cheekbones like Michelle Phiefer too. Rock on, girlie.

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo Yesterday was the Nordstrom Trend Show at Brea Mall. It was a video trend show, but they had a few models and national makeup artists present too. Plus GWP's at most lines. Fun event
icon_cheesygrin.gif

During the show they also gave out some free goodies for answering mu trivia questions. There were TONS of women there, so I didn't really expect to win anything. But, I was the only person who could name all of the new MAC Viva Glam V spokespeople (thanks to all the time I spend on mu sites!
wink.gif

I won: Spice lipliner, Midimauve lipstick, Nymphette Lipgloss (which I gave to my friend for her help), and Studio Tech foundation (I'm an NW 25).

One of the MAC senior pro artists also gave me a makeover. She was super nice, and spent about 2 hours doing my makeup! Unfortunately I forgot the digital camera, so I don't have any great pics
icon_sad.gif

But it was really fun, and I had to share
icon_smile.gif

She wrote most of the colors down for me. The last post was just getting long, so I didn't bother typing it all.

Here goes:

For foundation, she used Studio Tech and matched me with NC35 and NW 25. They both looked natural, but the NW 25 seemed brighter. Then Blot Powder in Medium.

For eyes, she started with Silife paint all over. Then Arena e/s on the lid. Handforged eyeliner (this is a similar color to Power Surge) to line upper and lower lashline and blended on the lid. Cranberry e/s blended on lid and crease. Then she lined with Sketch on top and bottom. ProLong Lash mascara. And Spiked brow pencil.

For lips, she lined with Chicory. Then Profusion lipstick with Lychee Lux lipglass over it.

And on cheeks, Fleur Power Blush.

I had been looking at Cranberry e/s so it was nice to actually try it on! And I never would have picked up the Profusion lipstick, since it's a bright pinky coral, but it actually looked really pretty. I may need to buy this one!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by allisong How Cool! Sounds like fun..Do you remember what the MA used for your makeover?Brea Mall **sigh** used to hang out there WAAAAY too much back in the day..

Thanks Californian
icon_redface.gif

I love your graphics! too cute
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Californian Alittleweido, I think you are adorable ! Ha ha. Damn you're fun. You have cheekbones like Michelle Phiefer too. Rock on, girlie.

It's so great that you won! I so wish you would have had the pictures to share but at least you got to experience it.

Latest posts

Back