Green eyeshadow?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for a green eyeshadow, I saw the green with envy posts, but none would look good on me. I would like to find matte, but some shimmer is ok, but not a lot. All I find are really bright ones, glittery, excessive shimmer, etc. High end or drugstore is fine. Where I live, we have only the very basic dept store brands, like Clinique, Lancome, Chanel, what everyone carries. We do have a new MAC though, but I have not been. I buy some makeup we dont carry on the net or at Sephora (I will be in Atlanta soon so I must be strong at Sephora). I was looking at the Stila online, they didnt look excessively shimmery, I guess I could try them when I physically go to Sephora. Anyways, too much shimmer or brightness looks bad on my pale skin. I was thinking maybe a green/brown, or dark green. I had one that was discontinued and it looked good, it wasnt too dark b/c I didnt apply too much. I am fair and I have dark blonde hair and hazel eyes.

Thanks

Amanda

Hi dixiewolf,welcome to mut!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I love green eyeshadows,I wear Stila's Kahlo(a goldish lime green) and Jade(a deep emerald green). Once I remember I try at a Lancome counter a nice matte duo green e/s. But most e/s are with shimmers and it's a lot better than matte!!

Originally Posted by dixiewolf I am looking for a green eyeshadow, I saw the green with envy posts, but none would look good on me. I would like to find matte, but some shimmer is ok, but not a lot. All I find are really bright ones, glittery, excessive shimmer, etc. High end or drugstore is fine. Where I live, we have only the very basic dept store brands, like Clinique, Lancome, Chanel, what everyone carries. We do have a new MAC though, but I have not been. I buy some makeup we dont carry on the net or at Sephora (I will be in Atlanta soon so I must be strong at Sephora). I was looking at the Stila online, they didnt look excessively shimmery, I guess I could try them when I physically go to Sephora. Anyways, too much shimmer or brightness looks bad on my pale skin. I was thinking maybe a green/brown, or dark green. I had one that was discontinued and it looked good, it wasnt too dark b/c I didnt apply too much. I am fair and I have dark blonde hair and hazel eyes. Thanks

Amanda

out of the mac shadows that i know:

-meadow- a mossy green. very little shimmer

-humid- a dark forest green, but it is a frost. it's a pretty color though

-femme noir- a dark matte green.

Welcome to MuT!

I agree with Charmaine, head a MAC counter and just experiment; the makeup artist will give you loads of advice/color suggestions as well.

I'm usually a diehard MAC fan when it comes to e/s (and most other cosmetics, lol), but my favorite green e/s is NARS Fuji. Its a muted grass green with shimmer. Don't be afraid of the shimmer though, its not overwhelming.
smile.gif

Thanks guys. I was eyeing that Stila jade online, I might test it when I get to Sephora out of town, or buy it on ebay if I find it. I was thinking of going to MAC, which we have here, so I will try some. I am not afraid of shimmer, I just dont like a lot, a lot of shimmer eyeshows are just too much, I have some I love however. I would rather use shimmer as a highlight.

Originally Posted by dixiewolf Thanks guys. I was eyeing that Stila jade online, I might test it when I get to Sephora out of town, or buy it on ebay if I find it. I was thinking of going to MAC, which we have here, so I will try some. I am not afraid of shimmer, I just dont like a lot, a lot of shimmer eyeshows are just too much, I have some I love however. I would rather use shimmer as a highlight. with mac, the shadows that have a lot of glitter in it is the lustre texture (which i don't like).
and stila jade is really pretty to.

what you can do is mix textures, using mattes with shimmery/frosty shadows. makeup artists recommend doing that anyways because when you use all frost eye shadows, they can end up looking muddy sometimes and mixing the textures can give more dimension.

Stila Jade is so so SO pretty! I only used it for the first time on Saturday but i can tell you this much, i'll be using it a lot more from now on
biggrin.gif

Hi! I can suggest Benefit's Check's in the mail and Gone Fishing Shadows. They are both matte and soft looking Greens.

Welcome to MUT! I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you.

Back