Green Grab Bag- June

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, in my bag this month I received a product from Glam Nation, the makeup remover.  I liked it so I went to their page and saw that they had a free sample with shipping of their facial cleanser, so I ordered it. I was SHOCKED when I received my sample today in the mail and not only did it have the cleanser sample, but it also had a tub of the SAME makeup remover, and it also had a sample of a moisture cream!!!!!!! I am a firm believer in a 3 month test on any sample sub, but this is not acceptable at all!!! This is now the 2nd brand they have done this with in one month alone.

This is my response from GGB on facebook: We are glad you liked the product. What a company provides to you directly and what they provide to us is strictly up to them. We are happy that we could introduce you to them though and pleased that they were so generous with you:)

Don't you think that if they offered the trio online free they would offer the trio to GGB to give to the people that are paying??? Seeing as how Lily of Hawaii gave GGB a trio of products to give to us makes me really wonder about whether or not Glam Nation gave them a trio and GGB broke them down too...

I dont think it was the same for Glam Nation. The sample was taped down very well to the product notecard and that was probably how GGB got it. Since there is no sign that any other sample was torn off, I think Glam Nation only provided the one sample for us.

But it is disappointing that Lily of Hawaii DID in fact provide 3 samples for us, but then GGB didn't follow through.

I decided to go ahead and cancel this sub. I just wasn't impressed with the products they had, then the fact that they didn't give the full sample of one product that was provided, and I found out that if you get a sample from one of the companies in this months bag for free from the actual company you get 3 samples. I really didn't feel it was worth the 15.00. Maybe if they improve the quality I will resub. Next, lol.

I haven't been too excited over the last couple of months. I would hate to cancel since this is one of my favorite subs but if they don't step up a bit in the next month or two I'm probably going to cancel.

Wow!  As one of the owners of Green Grab Bag, I really feel the need to jump in here and explain what transpired and our original intention.  We want our subscribers and the companies that participate in our bags to be happy, and we are ardent believers in customer service.  Because of this, I want to correct the misconceptions that have arisen here.

The Lily of Hawaii products were only supposed to be in a Mother's Day Bonus bag for those people who ordered Green Grab Bags for their moms as a gift.  From time to time, we offer bonus bags such as this to introduce smaller beauty companies who aren't able to provide the number of samples we need for our regular monthly shipments.  We had products left over from the Mother's Day bonus bag and decided that it would be a nice gesture to put the Lily of Hawaii products and a couple of other lines, as well, into our June bags to give the companies a wider reach and introduce them to a broader group of our subscribers. That is why some of you received Lily of Hawaii, and some got other products.  We broke up the three-pack of Lily of Hawaii products so we could send them to more people, thus helping the company.  That was our well intentioned goal; what was meant to be a good thing, has turned into a lightening rod for criticism.

Secondly, we had no idea that Glam Nation provides a three-pack when you contact them directly.  That is news to us.  It was their sole decision to give us only the makeup remover.  To suggest that we broke up Glam Nation's three-pack is simply not true.

We apologize to anyone who was offended by our approach and hope you will stick with us.

Okay, I am incredibly upset now about this bag - this is the second month in a row they've sent out products that were lacking in quantity and quality - and also the second month there were absolutely 0 makeup products in the bag (I do know some people got eyeshadow or a lash serum, but I didn't).  I haven't enjoyed the products in the past 3 bags which is a huge bummer for me.  That's basically $45 on wasted product.  It also aggravates me they broke up those Lily of Hawaii products because the company obviously meant for subscribers to get all 3 balms.  For $15, this sub just isn't worth it especially when Eco Emi/ Kara's Way / Goodebox go above and beyond what GGB does for the same price (They actually might be $1 or $2 more but still much better products and lots more makeup related things).  Cancelled GGB.

I feel it is necessary to defend Green Grab Bag here. I follow all of the other eco-friendly subscription boxes every month and see what people are getting with each subscription and I honestly think that they are all fairly equal regarding the quantity and quality of products.

June's Eco Emi only contained one (barely) makeup product (a lip tint), along with a body balm that was basically the same thing that was included in a GGB from a couple of months ago (mfg by the same company actually!), some toothpaste and deodorant - but other than that, all nutritional supplements or tea! Yeah - they wrap it all in pretty paper, but I'm not seeing a big difference in the value of the products.

Kara's Way looks pretty cool, but they just started...this is only their second box - they have had months to curate the items carefully before launching and I'm sure they are packing the first few with the really good stuff...

Goodebox had two makeup items in their June box, and if makeup is what you're after, then maybe a different sub is the right one for you. Personally, I like receiving more skin care items than makeup (I just don't wear makeup - like ever), but that's my choice to research the boxes and choose the one that's best for me.

I continue to be happy with GGB and look forward to my next bag in July!

I didn't like their box. I didn't like the tone of their email when I cancelled either. I guess this is one of those " YMMV" types of things.

NOTHING they put in a box and ship out would change my mind about them.. And I liked my Eco Emi box a lot. They gave me like 3 more products than GGB did.

I wanted to give this one a go but seeing as I have so may boxes right now I will hold off a little bit. 

Does anyone have a Pangea Organics facial mask they dont want? 

Please see my trade thread and let me know if I have anything you want! 
smile.gif

Thanks! 

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so upset or that I have a personal vendetta against GGB.  The main reason I did get angry about the Lily of Hawaii samples is because people either got that or a lash serum or eyeshadow.  Now I don't know about you, but to give someone a tiny jar of odd smelling (it smelled really chemical-like to me) balm and then give others full size makeup products doesn't seem very fair to me - it would have seemed fairer to include the 3 samples of the balm to make up for the fact we weren't getting coveted full size cosmetic items.  That is what basically tipped me over the edge and caused me to cancel. Initially, I really enjoyed GGB but just haven't been satisfied for 2-3 months with the samples that have been featured in the bags.  It's just my personal preference. You have featured so many different body creams and body balms and I happen to not really be into body cream or body balms.  I do feel like the boxes I get from Goodebox, Eco-Emi, and Kara's Way just suit me better because they are more tailored.

Originally Posted by Fluttershy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so upset or that I have a personal vendetta against GGB.  The main reason I did get angry about the Lily of Hawaii samples is because people either got that or a lash serum or eyeshadow.  Now I don't know about you, but to give someone a tiny jar of odd smelling (it smelled really chemical-like to me) balm and then give others full size makeup products doesn't seem very fair to me - it would have seemed fairer to include the 3 samples of the balm to make up for the fact we weren't getting coveted full size cosmetic items.  That is what basically tipped me over the edge and caused me to cancel. Initially, I really enjoyed GGB but just haven't been satisfied for 2-3 months with the samples that have been featured in the bags.  It's just my personal preference. You have featured so many different body creams and body balms and I happen to not really be into body cream or body balms.  I do feel like the boxes I get from Goodebox, Eco-Emi, and Kara's Way just suit me better because they are more tailored.
I understand. I am waiting on my first box from Kara's Way, but totally LOVE Goodebox and Eco-Emi!!

I unsubbed from GGB after my step mom gave me my first box, but she re-subbed me to it. She said basically what you did, that the value and contents vary wildly from month to month.

Just one of those things, I guess. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm glad I'm not paying for most of these things, she is. LOL.

Hello,

I just want to let you know that there is not one chemical in any of the Lily of Hawaii Aromatic  Balms...As I said earlier, Aromatherapy is

something that affects each person in different ways, according to your own constitution, preferences, sensitivities, etc.

The ingredients are all natural with the inclusion of Pure Essential Oils.

Coconut Oil, Sesame Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Jojoba Oil, Hemp Oil, Frankincense and Myrrh Powders, Rosebud and Red Sandalwood Powders, Calendula flowers, Vanilla Beans, Pure Essential Oils.

Aloha,

Lily of Hawaii

Did anyone else see on Facebook GGB posted there will be THREE full size items this month (July)??? I'm excited to see what we're getting!

If I subscribe to GGB this month, does anyone know when I'll get it? Or will I have to wait until August to get anything? I'm looking to fulfill the void left from Kara's Way taking a break til October.

Hi Miranda, I believe you'd receive your first bag next month in August. I liked this month's bag much better than last month's!
smile.gif

I just want to rave about the Brigit True Organics Magic Skin Balm that was in the June Green Grab Bag!

Scraped a bit of my palm the other week, and used the Magic Skin Balm from Brigit True Organics on the wound, under Band Aids for a couple of days.  When my scrape was exposed sans Band Aid, it would hurt when I moved / flexed my hand.  After applying a bit of this over the scrape, it instantly felt better and was virtually pain-free when the balm was applied.

In less than a week my scrape was barely noticeable. This Magic Skin Balm truly worked magic on my palm!

I didn't really have an opportunity to test this sample until now, and I'm loving it so much I even applied it to my cracking, dry wrists if I forgot to moisturize after washing.  The NE winters are so rough on my skin!

I'll definitely be using this Magic Balm on my other wounds, bug bits, etc.

Back