Green Smoky Look!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love green e/s,so I want your help how to achieve a green smoky look, with light or dark green e/s! what e/s or pencils are must haves for that kind of look? What shades of lipsticks or lipglosses are good to pair with?

I saw that it will be a fall trend, like the look of Rachel Bilson's at In Style.

080905_green_rachel.jpg

Thanks makeupartistry,and welcome to MUT!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

What's your name?

Originally Posted by makeupartistry i saw the same photo in InStyle mag...I love green too... Hope that you can acomplish it.

hello! I was thinking of posting a green look in the makeup tutorial section today.

That would be very helpful!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl hello! I was thinking of posting a green look in the makeup tutorial section today.

Welcome to MUT!!!

That green look is fab! I think it looks like peachy shades on the cheeks and lips - as these will work best with green eyes.

Originally Posted by Bhav Welcome to MUT!!!
That green look is fab! I think it looks like peachy shades on the cheeks and lips - as these will work best with green eyes.

I agree with that. I also think juicy orange glosses and light pinks could work well too.
Sophia - I think you might be able to use Jade to emulate that look.

:icon_love I love, love, love green eyeshadow! :icon_love

The concept for doing a smokey green eye is just like doing a smokey eye with greys & blacks. For Rachel's look, here are my thoughts (with MAC products, since that's what I know best):

1. Highlight your brow bone with a soft matte cream colored shadow.

(ie: Vanilla, Brule)

2. Apply a sheer wash of a cream eyeshadow base.

(ie: Chartru paint or Shimmermint shadestick)

3. Apply a wash of a light shimmery green all over the lid.

(ie: Sprout, Juxt)

4. Apply a dark moss-green matte eyeshadow to the outer half of your lid.

(ie: Velvet Moss)

4. Softly blend a deep forrest green matte eyeshadow into the crease.

(ie: Femme Noir, with #224 brush)

5. Line upper & lower lashline with a deep forrest green liner.

(ie: Shade fluidline with Rosemary & Thyme eye kohl in the waterline.)

(For a darker waterline, try Tarnish eye kohl!)

6. Smudge your lower liner with your forrest green eyeshadow, with the most intensity on the outer half.

(ie: with #219 pencil brush)

7. Curl your lashes & add 2 coats of mascara!

Peach or soft pink shades of gloss/lipstick will suit this look nicely. Ie: Love Nectar, Prr, Underage, Slicked Pink lip gelee etc.

HTH!

You're right Lea Jade is very good for that look,but I don't know if I should apply only Jade or pair it with other shades!

Originally Posted by Lealabell I agree with that. I also think juicy orange glosses and light pinks could work well too.
Sophia - I think you might be able to use Jade to emulate that look.

Thanks sooooo much Joy!!! The techniques are so helpful!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux :icon_love I love, love, love green eyeshadow! :icon_love
The concept for doing a smokey green eye is just like doing a smokey eye with greys & blacks. For Rachel's look, here are my thoughts (with MAC products, since that's what I know best):

1. Highlight your brow bone with a soft matte cream colored shadow.

(ie: Vanilla, Brule)

2. Apply a sheer wash of a cream eyeshadow base.

(ie: Chartru paint or Shimmermint shadestick)

3. Apply a wash of a light shimmery green all over the lid.

(ie: Sprout, Juxt)

4. Apply a dark moss-green matte eyeshadow to the outer half of your lid.

(ie: Velvet Moss)

4. Softly blend a deep forrest green matte eyeshadow into the crease.

(ie: Femme Noir, with #224 brush)

5. Line upper & lower lashline with a deep forrest green liner.

(ie: Shade fluidline with Rosemary & Thyme eye kohl in the waterline.)

(For a darker waterline, try Tarnish eye kohl!)

6. Smudge your lower liner with your forrest green eyeshadow, with the most intensity on the outer half.

(ie: with #219 pencil brush)

7. Curl your lashes & add 2 coats of mascara!

Peach or soft pink shades of gloss/lipstick will suit this look nicely. Ie: Love Nectar, Prr, Underage, Slicked Pink lip gelee etc.

HTH!

Originally Posted by Sophia You're right Lea Jade is very good for that look,but I don't know if I should apply only Jade or pair it with other shades! You could look at Trisha's semi smoky eye look but swap the black's for the greens instead. The only Stila shadow I can think of that is dark green and not too shimmery is Vine, but I find it really hard to work with. You could have a look at the Perfectly Fitted sage palette and try the colours from that. If it doesn't work out for that the colours are really pretty anyway.

Originally Posted by Sophia Thanks sooooo much Joy!!! The techniques are so helpful!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
You're welcome! I know you're more of a Stila girl, so I tried to describe colors as well as give examples. Have fun playing!

Some great green e/l's are: Minted, Ivy, and Rosemary and Thyme (All MAC)-- they're my fav's!

i think stila go lightly is a dark green. (i could be wrong though. lol)

Ikebana I have Forest Green, is it good,or i need a darker e/l?

Originally Posted by ikebana Some great green e/l's are: Minted, Ivy, and Rosemary and Thyme (All MAC)-- they're my fav's!

I was thinking of trying that stila sage eyeshadow pallette. I have been eyeing it online for the past week. I havent ever used Stila products, it isnt sold where I live, but the pallette isnt a bad price for what you get. I am so glad green is in this fall, I look good in it.

Originally Posted by Liz i think stila go lightly is a dark green. (i could be wrong though. lol) Go lightly is brown, but it is a bit of a funny shade. I think that's why it's so successful.
La Douce is green too.

Latest posts

Back