Grrr...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just started my 3 day weekend. Ran to the store and the atm and went to roll up my window and the switch broke. It won't roll up and it is 25 degrees out and snowing. I tried taping up my window but it is also windy as can be and I ran out of duct tape. So it is only isn't really covered. Now I am worrying about someone breaking into it. So yeah so much for a nice 3 day weekend. I had a bunch of errands to run and now I can't go anywhere and I have to dig up money for a car repair. I wasn't planning for that expense this month. Hopefully the car dealer doesn't screw me over with the repair costs.

Not really or not near where I live. My parent's friend does most of the work on my car but that would be a 60 mile drive with the window open. I am wondering if I could buy the switch and replace it myself.

i'm sorry
frown.gif

Dang, that's so annoying. Have you tried taking off the door cover and having a look to see if you can at least make the window go up again?

Originally Posted by speedy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Dang, that's so annoying. Have you tried taking off the door cover and having a look to see if you can at least make the window go up again? If the switch broke you will need power to the right wires to get the window up.
Thinks break at the most incovenient of times. Sorry for your problems.

I was lucky. I called my Dad last night and told him. He was able to go to one of the salvage yards back home and pick up a switch for fairly cheap. He then came up and installed it for me. He had to be in town anyways which was good. So now my window rolls up and down with no problems. Yay! Plus he told me not to worry about the cost and he took care of it.

You were lucky it was just the switch and not the electric motor or mechinism... They are a pain in the ass ti change out and cost tons....

The passenger side had the cable break about 3 years ago when it was partially down. So we duct taped it shut for awhile but it kept sliding down. So we tore apart the door realized it was the cable and but a vice grip on it and duct taped it so it will hold. Yep I come from a family of rednecks. I hate my car so I only do what has to be done to fix it and the passenger side window is not an essential item. I don't want a car payment so I just deal with it. But I do know that I will never purchase another Pontiac. The windshield wipers also have issues. I now know why my Dad always told me never to use them to scrape snow off of the windshield. They still work but their stop position is up instead of down. Makes it easy to find in parking lots though.

Latest posts

Back