Guy, yes a guy needs some eyebrow help..thought this might be a good place :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Girls (I assuming it's mainly girls here lol?)

I was hoping for some grooming type advice and thought all you girls would be best placed to help, hence why I find myself signing up to a makeup site (If only my mates knew, wow what a potential slagging I'd take haa haa)

Anyways....It's my eyebrows!!!... they are just too damn white, I have blondish/brown hair, but these eyebrows that look like an albinos, and whenever I'm in the sun they just get lighter and lighter......

So basically I'm looking for some tips/advice on easy non-too involving, and not to vain way to subtly darken them?????????

Sorry for invading your forum lol...I'd have asked some guys, but I reckoned the the blokes at the fast bikes and PS3 forum probably wouldn't have been of much help!!!!

Thanks all ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you are confident to darken them on your own, there is

Godefroy Instant Eyebrow Tint sold in Amazon. I do not know though if there are in drugstores. They have good reviews, you might want to try it. There is another variation of a permanent tint which lasts for 6-8 months.

But then again, it is safest to consult a professional to do it. I havent tried it but wanting to, to complement it with my hair color. But if it has something to do with the eyes, im kinda hesitant trying.

Just make sure you choose a color thats just a shade or 2 darker than your hair color on your head. Too dark, you'll look funnier that brows that are too light.

You might try going to a salon. I did and had a manicure, pedicure and my eyebrows trimmed, shaped and waxed. She also used an eyebrow pencil to darken them for the finishing touch. I'm a straight guy (in case there was any question) and go to a salon every month. Give it a try; I'm sure you'll go back for more.

Yeah, you can probably find some kind of dying kit expecially for eyebrows. (Google it! Google will tell you everything!) Orrrr, you should probably go to a salon and get that done. I don't think it would be overly too expensive. I've seen people at salon's getting their eyebrows done. :)

I'd suggest going to a salon and getting them tinted for the first time. Pay attention to what they do & the shade they use. Ask any questions you might have while you're there. Take notice of the supplies their using, which won't be anything complicated. A salon tinting is very inexpensive. I think I paid $10 the last time I got mine done, and it's an extremely quick & easy process that takes just a few minutes. I don't bother going to the salon for this anymore, though. It's easier for me to just do it at home. Don't be afraid to ask them what shade or brand they'd suggest if you're going to buy a home-use kit, or where you can buy that brand/shade. After that you could easily & safely do them yourself. Sally Beauty Supply probably has tinting kits, along with anything else you will need. If you're buying cotton balls, glass mixing cups - don't use plastic - or anything like that, get those things at the Dollar Tree to save a couple of bucks. A cheap brush can be gotten from a craft supply store like Michael's, or perhaps the Dollar Tree as well. If you're going to Michael's or Sally's, ask their advice on what type of brush would be best to use with your dye kit. Synthetic or natural hair. When it comes to choosing a tinting kit, I'd personally choose one made in Canada, the US or Europe & avoid any made in China for safety reasons. China doesn't have the best reputation for safety standards in regards to cosmetic products, hair dyes or food. The last thing you want to end up with is lead or mercury poisoning or to burn your eyeballs out :) Some people do use regular liquid or gel type hair color to tint their brows. I personally don't because those products are more thin & runny in consistency & could easily get in your eyes. The actual eyebrow tinting products I've used are much thicker, more like a paste. That eliminates the danger of them running into my eyes. Last thing, don't use alcohol to clean up your skin afterwards. It'll dry it out really badly, especially around your eyes, & could also burn them. You can clean off any stains or excess due with any type of pure vegetable oil. It's probably something you already have in your kitchen as well. Just dampen a cotton ball or pad with the oil & run it over the area you want to clean up, if any. Good luck :)

Back