Gycholic Acid

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not sure if i have spelt that correctly. Has anyone ever used gycholic acid before? I know that there are different strenghts and that baking soda is used to nuturlize it after application. How long should the GA stay on the skin and what are the results? Any information would be interesting. Thanks.

Are you talking about a high percentage strength temporary peeling or to wear all day or or night? Normally you would just put it on like a moisturizer, sparingly. As for the higher strength ones, I wouldn't use anything higher than 10%. You'll just totally dry out your skin.

Originally Posted by SusieQ Are you talking about a high percentage strength temporary peeling or to wear all day or or night? Normally you would just put it on like a moisturizer, sparingly. As for the higher strength ones, I wouldn't use anything higher than 10%. You'll just totally dry out your skin. Thanks for the advice.

I use 15% Glycolic Acid Pads and the effects are very subtle. It's not a big deal for my skin. I put it on all over my face and keep it on for 5 mins, and then wash it off. I'm seeing old acne marks fade so, it's a great product.

Latest posts

Back