Hackers Beware! Halo 3 Epsilon cheaters banned until 9999 AD

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Microsoft is apparently making strong examples of anyone trying to sneak into the Halo 3 Epsilon test. The crackdown came to light when a 17-year-old Minnesotan who goes by the handle "Scar" posted a tale of woe on the forums of the Halo-focused modding site Se7ensins.com. His post was accompanied by a photo of his ban notice from Xbox Live, which expires on December 31, 9999 AD--some 7,447 years after the events in Halo are supposed to take place.

How did the eternal banhammer fall on Scar? "A friend said he got the Epsilon from a friend and offered me to glitch it onto my account with what you call the two-controller exploit," he told GameSpot. "I downloaded it from Marketplace and played it for maybe six hours or so all alone, in custom games and campaign. [Then] it would kick me offline every time i tried to play Epsilon. It wasn't until the next day when i signed on that I found out i got banned."

Despite being a self-described "achievement whore" with a GamerScore of over 61,000, Scar--who doesn't want his real name made public--has no plans to appeal his ban. "Other people i know that had this happen to them at the same time as me called support and had no luck," he rued. "I know of at least 10 others that downloaded it and got banned till 9999."

When asked for comment, reps for Microsoft said the company was not officially commenting on the 7,992 year bans. However, a source close to Bungie said the ban screen "looked legit," wryly adding, "Sorry, great, great, great, great, grandkids."

SOURCE

Is it an IP ban? Whats stopping them from just buying a new account or something?

Wow
popcorn.gif
interesting

Wow, I think I understood 2 words in that whole post lol. So not a gamer

Hah! Oh well, even if it's real, he'll figure out a way around it.

I remember playing the original Halo with the person who later become my boyfriend (and current husband
biggrin.gif
) He was quite impressed with my flossin' skills!

Originally Posted by Manda /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow, I think I understood 2 words in that whole post lol. So not a gamer
haha same here.

lol, lucky me, i haven't gotten banned from a forum yet. I usually just leave them when i get bored or when the people start to suck. Never played online games before.

Originally Posted by saintcloudgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got in trouble tonight for my post, third strike I am out. I messed up again. OOps!! huh?
But I just tried out Halo 3. Again... I dub it ... Halo 1.3 - what a rehash!

Ha! There are kids sitting out on the sidewalk right now, skipping school for this ish. Don't get me wrong, Halo 1.3 (LOL Saje) is the ish, but c'mon now! Is it really that important to skip class for this? You just know they stocked up on enough games in the shipping docks so that all who wants one may buy it.

Latest posts

Back