Hair adventures! Should I dye my hair purple, blue, or turquoise next? Pictures inside!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay so the last month I've had pink hair (lifegoal completed! yay!) and I would love to try a new color, I'm really loving pastel/pale colors at the moment so I'm thinking either purple, baby blue, or light turquoise/mint. Would love some opinions, I (poorly) photoshopped some pictures and put them in spoilers below because I personally like comparing pictures one at a time :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think they all really suit you!! I will say you have to have you hair about the lightest, white shade possible or these colors will come out looking so horrible. I'm natural almost platinum blonde, bleached and toned my hair before putting turquoise/purple in and it still wasn't white enough. The easiest pastel color to have is pink since the yellow undertones in hair won't affect it as badly. If you do really want these colors I'd suggest staying blonde for a couple weeks and using a white toner until almost all the pigment is lifted :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think they all really suit you!! I will say you have to have you hair about the lightest, white shade possible or these colors will come out looking so horrible. I'm natural almost platinum blonde, bleached and toned my hair before putting turquoise/purple in and it still wasn't white enough. The easiest pastel color to have is pink since the yellow undertones in hair won't affect it as badly. If you do really want these colors I'd suggest staying blonde for a couple weeks and using a white toner until almost all the pigment is lifted
smile.gif
Thank you! I'll try to be patient and take your advice because I think my hair is as bleached as I can get it without really damaging my hair, I bleached a few test strips of my canopy a few weeks ago and it went gummy
bawling.gif
I'm babying it at the moment so I might invest in a gentle toner (I've been using wella white lady but I want to steer clear of peroxide) and purple shampoo!
biggrin.gif

why dont you try hair chalking! can try many different colors on your hair. and even do gradient!

its temporary, lasts for a few days only and there're no damaging chemicals cause its just chalk!

http://www.openflea.com/ sells the chalk i used on my hair. pretty good! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Getting those in pastel shades will be super hard to do. When I had blue hair, it faded to turquoise, green, and finally blonde again within less than a month, so if you want both blue and turquoise I'd suggest just trying blue (the closest thing to the shade you photoshopped on I can think of would be Manic Panic's Bad Boy Blue) and letting it fade out. They generally don't sell pastel hair dyes so you would have to mix your own using a sulfate free, dye free conditioner and a color.

I was actually trying to tone down my hair recently and I OD'd on it and it turned my hair a really pretty lavender! Haha I used the Punky Colors toner and I shampoo'd with Shimmer Lights and conditioned with Redken Perfect Platinum. It turned a really beautiful lilac.

This is speaking from personal experience 
smile.gif

Back