Hair cut?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my hair right now. I have had long hair since I was in the 4th grade. When I was younger, my aunt would always give me the typical child bowl haircut, but since then, I would barely ever cut my hair. What do you guys/girls think I should do with my hair? Cut it? If so, how should I have it cut? or keep it?

My hair has never been dyed, or permed ever. I really really want highlights, but my mom says no (yes, I'm 20 so it's ridiculous I'm still listening to my mom, but I don't want her upset).

Wow you have long hair! I think it looks really nice. Very healthy too!

I would at least get it trimmed, that should not upset your mother and it will even out the bottom.

If you want to cut or colour your hair I say go for it, you can always keep it long but have layers added to it. That would look nice, as would some highlights.

If you do decide to change your hair, I would love to see some after photos!

Your hair is so long that if you donated half of it to Locks of Love or a similar organization, you'd still have lots of hair. Plus they would love to hear that your hair is not dyed.

Why doesn't your mom like the idea of highlighted hair? Maybe she has preconceived ideas?

Why not take her to a salon where she could see different highlight ideas that you both can be happy with.

Your hair is gorgeous, by the way.

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow you have long hair! I think it looks really nice. Very healthy too!

I would at least get it trimmed, that should not upset your mother and it will even out the bottom.

If you want to cut or colour your hair I say go for it, you can always keep it long but have layers added to it. That would look nice, as would some highlights.

If you do decide to change your hair, I would love to see some after photos!
Yeah, I was thinking about getting it trimmed since Chinese New Years is next Monday! Cut away all the bad things that happened this past year for a new start! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your hair is so long that if you donated half of it to Locks of Love or a similar organization, you'd still have lots of hair. Plus they would love to hear that your hair is not dyed.

Why doesn't your mom like the idea of highlighted hair? Maybe she has preconceived ideas?

Why not take her to a salon where she could see different highlight ideas that you both can be happy with.

Your hair is gorgeous, by the way.

The last time I cut my hair which was over two years ago was when it was around this length too. I cut over half of it and I wanted it donated, but the person cutting my hair said my hair color looks dyed, which is why I couldn't. My hair is never dyed, but when you look at it with brighter light, it looks black and light brown with hints of blonde/goldish (I get goldish color hair when I'm stressed, weird I never get any greys or whites).

My mom doesn't like the idea of highlighted hair because I'm still in school and she believes that I should wait until I'm married to have my hair dyed. I don't know, it drives me crazy sometimes! I can't even go on a plane with friends without her there because I'm not married yet! My cousins have their hair dyed and even highlighted, she doesn't agree with it though, she feels we're just too young to be allowed to do anything for ourselves. It's a flat out no :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

& thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back