Hair gloss salon treatment v. Shine serum/spray?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
  Hi all,   Does getting your hair glossed at a salon make your hair more shinny than a shine spray, or less? I'm considering the treatment, and would like to know what to expect.   Thanks!

There are several gloss products you can buy at the drug store. Clairol and John Frieda are two that come to mind. They would do the same thing as what a salon would do, but for a lot less money.

I could be wrong but I believe that the gloss treatment - home or salon -  only last a few shampoos.

You could purchase a serum spray or silicon serum and apply after each shampoo/cond and your hair would always be shiny.

Garnier Fructis or Got2b have great styling products for $5 or less. 

I am aware of the various products available; my question concerns which type of product (glaze/gloss vs. shine spray styling products) provides more shine.  If you put shine spray in, would you hair be more shiny or less shiny than it would be had you gone to get a glossing treatment?  I really want to leave it to my stylist if I get glossed, I don't like to mess with chemical treatments at home.

Thanks

Back