Hair help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK so I guess I went overboard on product tonight and my roots are greasy. What can I put in my hair to soak it up? Normally I wouldn't care, but I have some big plans tomorrow evening and would like to have nice ungreasy hair
icon_cheesygrin.gif
And I don't feel like rewashing because I'm lazy and have already dried my hair. Thanks in advance for the help!

I have heard that if you use talcum powder it helps. Just dont put a lot and make sure you brush out any excess.

Yup! Powder works - and there are 'hair refreshers' out there that seem to help. A new one is out from Herbal Essences - haven't tried it yet - but looks good & I'll be buying it the next time I'm out! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks y'all! I'm about to run to the store so I think I'll pick up the hair refresher and test it out! I'll let you know how it works Janelle!

I should share a quick story with y'all since I just heard baby powder and it brings back some memories.

So freshman year of college, I worked at the mall with a great girl who was in cosmetology school. She loved to practice on people so we all let her. It started with trims and then highlights. It all turned out OK. Then she wanted to try a relaxer. Now I have thick curly hair and I used to hate it because I didn't know how to work with the curl so I said OK to the relaxer.

So I get to her place, she and her friend get to work. They couldn't find a base (even though it was in the box) so they used vaseline all over my scalp. So they do the relaxer, the whole time arguing whether or not they should put me under a dryer (one's saying my hair will fall out, the other is insisting its the only way it'll work and I'm just getting increasingly nervous about the whole thing because I'm realizing that really I have great hair that most people love and I don't wanna lose it!)

So they finish (no dryer) and wash it out and begin to dry. And my hair is just one big shiny clump from all the vaseline. So we rewash. And rewash. Then they put me in the tub and washed and washed and washed. And nothing got the vaseline out!

So I remember how I read that baby powder is good for greasy hair. So they check...they have no baby powder. But she does have flour. So I'm in the tub and they dump a bag of flour on me. So now I'm covered in white powder and they brushed it and tried to wash it. And basically it all just turned into a big paste all over my hair. For the next 3 days, I woke up with my pillow covered in wax and every time I moved, flakes would fall out of my hair. It was the worst thing ever.

And the moral of the ridiculously long horror story is that I now have a fear of putting powder in my hair.

ROFL!!!!

Sorry Bonnie, but the flour part is hysterical! And let me know about that refresher!!! I have a coupon for it - was gonna go tomorrow. Must smell good like all HE stuff - mmmm... even if just for the smell I'd buy it! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 ROFL!!!!

Sorry Bonnie, but the flour part is hysterical! And let me know about that refresher!!! I have a coupon for it - was gonna go tomorrow. Must smell good like all HE stuff - mmmm... even if just for the smell I'd buy it! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Did you ever do evil things like to people Janelle?The HE hair refresher smells amazing. I can't really tell if it did anything for my hair though. I'm gonna keep it because the smell really lasts so it's good to spray in, but it just seemed to make my hair wet. I think it would work well if you have curly hair and sleep on it so it's flat and you wanna add a little bounce without rewashing in the morning.

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Did you ever do evil things like to people Janelle?The HE hair refresher smells amazing. I can't really tell if it did anything for my hair though. I'm gonna keep it because the smell really lasts so it's good to spray in, but it just seemed to make my hair wet. I think it would work well if you have curly hair and sleep on it so it's flat and you wanna add a little bounce without rewashing in the morning.

Nope, but I might because that is pretty damn funny! LOL I actually just finally found the HE refresher today at Kmart - everywhere I went either didn't carry it at all, or were sold out. I got 2 bottles b/c they were buy one, get one 50% off. I havent' tried it yet, but you're right! It does smell really good! I love the way all HE stuff smells, so I didn't have any doubt about this stuff smelling good.
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Back