Hair outta control

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
no matter how well i try to do my hair, eg. deep condition and use my GHD iron my hair never looks "normal". its always kinda fluffy and poofy around my hairline and it doesnt even fit into a parting (it is so voluminous it wont even sit flat on my head!!
frown.gif
). the ends always just curl out anway even though i dont have particualrly curly hair. please help, my hair really gets me down!

nina

have you tried using serums or finishing sprays?

I have curly-ish hair and it needs to be protected from moisture to stop it curling if I straighten it. When I'm straightening my hair I always let in dry naturally first. I just put serum on it whilst it's soaking wet and comb it into my parting then just leave it to dry, if I go anywhere near my hair with a hairdryer it fluffs.

The only other advice i could think of is going to your hairdresser and getting it cut. Let them know what you like about your hair, what you don't like, what you want it to look like and how much time you're prepared to spend doing it. A good hairdresser should let you know whether what you want is workable with your hair and the amount of styling you want to do, and suggest changes you could make to the style you want to make it suit your face and lifestyle.

HTH

Lea's right... a cut could definitely help. The style you have now could be working against you, instead of for you.
icon_neutral.gif
You might need layers, or to have some parts thinned. You should also brush your hair out straight while its wet, apply a smoothing cream, and perhaps a light hold gel to the parts that tend to misbehave. I also recommend products from the StraightSexyHair line... they really help out a lot. Especially the Power Straight Straightening balm and the Smooth n' Seal spray. Your hair also might be broken on top or damaged from using the flat iron often. Try a good ionic blowdryer and a round ceramic barrelled brush every so often to give your hair a break. I get better results from the dryer than I do a flat iron... so I barely ever use one. But I would definitely see your stylist first, even if just for a trim to get off some of the dead ends.
smile.gif

Back