Hair products to end frizziness??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, so lately I have been on the hunt for a hair product that I can use to hold my hair in place without the greasiness, cake-iness or stiffness. I have long, thick, coarse hair and still have yet to find this product. I part my hair from left to right and that's where I need help. I have a TON of baby hairs (if that's what you want to call them, lol) and I can't manage to find the product to keep these in place. The ones I have found look nice and hold until I get outside, then I have to comb it back into it's place and it usually doesn't go back after doing so. I've tried the garnier nutrisse pomades, demented for freaky hair, light aerosol hairspray, spray gel. If anybody has any suggestions with my same hair type, please share. Thanks

Have you tried John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum? I've had great results with it. My husband used to use it also, when his hair was longer and prone to frizzing (it was very wavy). The serum is very affordable.

I GOT THE TIP FOR U... i had the same curly hair like urs...n i never dare to use straightners...cos they    dry up,n make the hair brittle... ill tell u what to do.. 1>apply coconut oil b4 going to bed..let overnight... 2>in the next day morning,shampoo, my mixing 2spoons of coconut oil in to ur    required volume of shampoo and wash the hair as usual.. 3>after u finish the head bath, roll the hair with a soft n clean towel and stay    for 30mins..dont take off the towel b4.. and after 30mins..take off the towel...n ull c that the hair was almost    straight...n now brush.. ofcourse this is not a permanent treatment...but its worth...kinda natural    way..no side effects...stays for abt 2 days..

Thank you for all your input ladies. I've never tried the John Frieda hair serum because I don't really need the product to go all through my hair. I'm mostly looking for a product to hold my hair in place when I part it. I guess I could have been more specific
smile.gif
Alicy, I may try that just because you mentioned coconut oil. Hehe I love the smell of coconut.

Have you heard of a product called Living Proof?

It's suppose to help tame frizziness in the most humid of days. And it is considered a styling product.

I bought some a few years ago and wasn't impressed. But others have given it a great review.

Their web address is www.livingproof.com if you want more information

I use two kinds of frizz products on my hair.  The first one that I use is Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Smoothing Creme by John Frieda Collection and it works really well when I want to straight my hair.  I use it when my hair is pretty damp, but almost dry.  With it, I also use Freshstart No Frizz Creme by Tresemme. I use that on damp hair as well and when I'm straightening and not straightening my hair. Both seem to work pretty well together and I see no signs of frizz. I'm happy with those two products for now, but I'm going on the natural path so I'm trying to look for organic products that don't contain chemicals at all.   

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you heard of a product called Living Proof?

It's suppose to help tame frizziness in the most humid of days. And it is considered a styling product.

I bought some a few years ago and wasn't impressed. But others have given it a great review.

Their web address is www.livingproof.com if you want more information
I've checked that website out, and it looks very interesting to me. I think I may order some and give it a try. Afterall, I am in that stage to find and conquer
bud.gif
thank you! I appreciate the fact that even though it did not work out for you, you still shared.

I mix some leave in conditioner with my argon oil and massage that through my hair and always use a heat protectent, whether I flat iron or use my diffuser.  For frizziness, have you tried a keratin treatment or something like the Brazilian Blowout? I know, can be pricey, but it looks like Suave has some kind of new kit for smoothing the tresses. I had my hair relaxed over two years ago and have been letting it grow out between trims. I really had to retrain my hair and the frizz isn't too bad anymore! For the stubborn fly aways and baby hairs, try using a toothbrush to put a concentrated amount of product in that area and lightly spritzing with hair spray.

Latest posts

Back