Hair straightener

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
is there a chemical straighter that would really work and not fry my hair? my hair is natually really curly, not super tight curls but semi-tight ringlets. they're pretty sometimes but i really prefer my appearance with straight hair. i would just flat iron it but since my hair is soo thick and really curly it takes FOREVER. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

i really don't know about them. the only one i have heard of is japanese straightening. not sure if it fries your hair or anything.

All chemical straighteners are damaging. Honestly I wouldn't recommend it... being a year later, my hair is still so messed up from one. You could talk to your stylist and see what they offer, but I would definitely get a consultation before you do anything... it'll take forever to get your hair back to the way it was should you get unpleasant results..
icon_neutral.gif

The Japanese Straighter is pretty good.

I had once, 4 years ago and it didn't fries my hair at all. I'm not sure Japanese Straigtener in US though.

ive heard excellent things about it and bad things, so im not too sure. yeah they have it here. but its soooo expensive.

Originally Posted by Leony The Japanese Straighter is pretty good.I had once, 4 years ago and it didn't fries my hair at all. I'm not sure Japanese Straigtener in US though.

there are some places in the US that use that method... one of my good friends (she's Japonese) would go and get it done every few months or so... her hair never looked damage afterward (but she also may have taken that time to get a trim too)...

I have a few friends who go and get their hair straighten and they swear by it. They love how it looks and go back every 6 months or so to get it done. It is expensive, I think she pays $400-$500???? But it looks good!!!
icon_wink.gif
I would talk to your stylist before you do anything! Good Luck!!

Yeah, the thermal Japanese method doesn't leave your hair looking as damaged as others... but you're still applying chemicals, so the damage factor is still there. Plus it IS very expensive, and you have to keep getting it touched up, or you'll have wavy/curly roots. I'd see if your salon has it, and what their prices are for a full application and then for touch-ups. Also make sure they assess your hair so you know if you are prone to damage.
wink.gif

Back