Hair straightening products (with blowdrying)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still loving that CHI Rocket dryer Andrea! It's great!! I even had my friend run out an buy one for her salon after she used mine! lol It is still expensive for a hair dryer though... I still love the Vidal Sassoon Ionizer dryer (the grey & pink one) so if you dont' want to spend that much on the CHI - thats the next best thing that I've ever used.

And Jennifer, you might want to try something different in your techniques. You have the right idea by letting it dry at least 50% before styling, that is always a good idea. Honestly you don't have to 'style' from soaking wet to get it straight, it can be done even if your hair is 100% air dried. If you are using a product, you want to apply that on wet/damp hair - it doesn't work well if you apply it dry. Also, try and pick up a large round ceramic barelled brush - they're awesome... keep the dryer close to the hair (but always moving!) and before you move on to the next section... blast it with the cool shot to lock in the style & close the cuticle.

&**Jen**... Ulta sells the Sexy hair stuff (the entire line) if you have one nearby
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I'm still loving that CHI Rocket dryer Andrea! It's great!! I even had my friend run out an buy one for her salon after she used mine! lol It is still expensive for a hair dryer though... I still love the Vidal Sassoon Ionizer dryer (the grey & pink one) so if you dont' want to spend that much on the CHI - thats the next best thing that I've ever used.
And Jennifer, you might want to try something different in your techniques. You have the right idea by letting it dry at least 50% before styling, that is always a good idea. Honestly you don't have to 'style' from soaking wet to get it straight, it can be done even if your hair is 100% air dried. If you are using a product, you want to apply that on wet/damp hair - it doesn't work well if you apply it dry. Also, try and pick up a large round ceramic barelled brush - they're awesome... keep the dryer close to the hair (but always moving!) and before you move on to the next section... blast it with the cool shot to lock in the style & close the cuticle.

&**Jen**... Ulta sells the Sexy hair stuff (the entire line) if you have one nearby
smile.gif

Hi! I ended up buying a new large round brush (though it's just metal with holes in it, not ceramic -- but my hair dryer is an ionic ceramic dryer!) and it is working a lot better. My old paddle-like brush had bristles too far apart so it wasn't pulling the hair taunt; this round one works much better. This brush with the Sexy Straight balm is working a lot better than my old products and techniques -- my hair's a lot straighter to start with and it doesn't get quite as wavy in the humidity!
However, my hair is now more frizzy and "static-y" than it was before. I will try using a little of my old Frizz Ease Wind Down cream with the balm next time, but if that weighs down my hair too much I will be on the lookout for a new anti-frizz product! (The balm already weighs my hair down a little, but I don't mind because it doesn't look greasy and it cuts down on the poofiness!) My hair is so fine that if I don't apply a good anti-frizz product to my hair when it's wet, then it gets so full of static electricity that it's hard to keep it in the brush while blowdrying!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek Hi! I ended up buying a new large round brush (though it's just metal with holes in it, not ceramic -- but my hair dryer is an ionic ceramic dryer!) and it is working a lot better. My old paddle-like brush had bristles too far apart so it wasn't pulling the hair taunt; this round one works much better. This brush with the Sexy Straight balm is working a lot better than my old products and techniques -- my hair's a lot straighter to start with and it doesn't get quite as wavy in the humidity!
However, my hair is now more frizzy and "static-y" than it was before. I will try using a little of my old Frizz Ease Wind Down cream with the balm next time, but if that weighs down my hair too much I will be on the lookout for a new anti-frizz product! (The balm already weighs my hair down a little, but I don't mind because it doesn't look greasy and it cuts down on the poofiness!) My hair is so fine that if I don't apply a good anti-frizz product to my hair when it's wet, then it gets so full of static electricity that it's hard to keep it in the brush while blowdrying!
smile.gif

To get rid of static, I use Static Guard! lol (Yup... the stuff for clothes) I spray it on my paddle brush and brush it through... works like a charm!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 To get rid of static, I use Static Guard! lol (Yup... the stuff for clothes) I spray it on my paddle brush and brush it through... works like a charm!
wink.gif
i do the same! it really works.
jen, i bought the straightsexyhair balm, too, and returned it. i think john frieda's balm works LOTS better and even in rain, my hair never frizzes up and it usually does!

Originally Posted by Charmaine Cool! I should try that...I sometimes get static too when I use my iron. You'd be surprised how good it works! lol
wink.gif

Sorry you didn't like the Power Straight Jennifer... I tried the JF - but it's way too greasy on my hair. The wind down cream was better for me... but it's not effective enough... you can never win
wink.gif
lol

Originally Posted by meaghan&lt /img/forum/go_quote.gif i like john freida's anti-frizz serum. Yeah - it's good stuff, you just have to be sure you don't use too much if your hair is fine or oily, as it is a bit heavy
icon_wink.gif

paul mitchell super skinny serum works wells. It protects ure hair and speeds up the straightening process.

I am CONSTANTLY looking for products to make my hair shiny, straight and soft!!My hair is thick and coarse and without products it would look awful!!

I like the Phytodefrissant and Biosilks Silk theraphy, but bought Kiehls straightening balm and Bumble and bumbles defrizz when I went to London.It seams like my hair doesn`t get that dirty with these products instead of the Biosilk one.It could also be my new Denman brush (thanks Elisabeth for making the thread and Janelle for mention it)

Can brushes make that much different?Hmm could be!!

I was so thrilled to see that we have gotten the Big sexy hair line here in Norway.I am looking constantly for a shine product and got interested in their shine gloss.I have bought sooo many products that haven`t worked so I am not sure if I should buy it yet.

Has anyone tried the Alterna products?Janelle have you heard of them?

I know Julia Roberts apparently uses them.

I've heard of the Alterna... but the only thing I've ever tried was the hemp shampoo. I love the SexyHair products... they're awesome!
smile.gif
(And I'm sure you're all sick of hearing me say that! lol) I love the HealthySexyHair Straightening tonic... it's a liquid - so it doesn't weigh your hair down, and when I dry it, it seems to straighten easy and stays well without frizzing back up. (Even when I got caught in the rain, still stayed straight!
smile.gif
But the shampoo & conditioner help with that also)
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back