hair texture

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
is it possible that bleaching and color treating can change wavy hair into reasonably straight hair? i know that bleach will affect the texture in terms of dryness....

im growing my hair out to donate, and its almost to my waist, and completely virgin. in the past two years its gone very wavy. my hair was heavily color treated/bleached from ages 12 to 22, and i was thinking that maybe i just dont remember its true texture. lol.

once i cut it, i was thinking of getting baby bangs and a bob again, but i cant do this if my hair wants to be wavy. i would think that length would pull out waves, not add them....

a flat iron is an option, but if i sweat a drop, my bangs will curl right up. so whats up with my hair? help!

waist??????? wow. I am a serious sucker for long hair

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse

is it possible that bleaching and color treating can change wavy hair into reasonably straight hair? i know that bleach will affect the texture in terms of dryness....
im growing my hair out to donate, and its almost to my waist, and completely virgin. in the past two years its gone very wavy. my hair was heavily color treated/bleached from ages 12 to 22, and i was thinking that maybe i just dont remember its true texture. lol.

once i cut it, i was thinking of getting baby bangs and a bob again, but i cant do this if my hair wants to be wavy. i would think that length would pull out waves, not add them....

a flat iron is an option, but if i sweat a drop, my bangs will curl right up. so whats up with my hair? help!

Honestly Jas, Your hair can change from curly to straight, straight to wavy, wavy to curly etc. over time on its own - Hormones, age & different phases of your life - your hair may change. Unless you have a perm or have done **Gasp** chemical straightening, color alone really wont' change it. It can make it very dry, yes... but it's somewhat rare for it to cause your hair to go from one extreme to the other. If you've grown out your hair that long, and havent' done anything to it... most likely when you cut it, well... what you see is probably what you're gonna get - Until you are maybe older, or if you ever are pregnant etc... If your bangs wave up... I wouldn't do short, blunt bangs ... maybe keep them on the longer side at least eye level - and maybe sweep em' over the side
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Honestly Jas, Your hair can change from curly to straight, straight to wavy, wavy to curly etc. over time on its own - Hormones, age & different phases of your life - your hair may change. Unless you have a perm or have done **Gasp** chemical straightening, color alone really wont' change it. It can make it very dry, yes... but it's somewhat rare for it to cause your hair to go from one extreme to the other. If you've grown out your hair that long, and havent' done anything to it... most likely when you cut it, well... what you see is probably what you're gonna get - Until you are maybe older, or if you ever are pregnant etc... If your bangs wave up... I wouldn't do short, blunt bangs ... maybe keep them on the longer side at least eye level - and maybe sweep em' over the side
icon_cheesygrin.gif
thanks janelle. damn. i really dont want my hair to be wavy any more.
frown.gif
sigh. i have a little side swept fringe right now, and im thinking of doing something like this to my hair
i just asked BF where the digicam is so i can take some pics for you guys, and he cant find it. ugh. i last used it in sept to take pics at a friends wedding, and it started malfunctioning. i totally forgot about that. ill see if i still have a webcam somewhere.

Sadly Jasmine, as you get older, EVERYTHING changes. My hair is much shinier, but also wavier than it was 10 years ago while in my 20s.

Take pictures of it b/c I wanna see your long hair before you cut it all off. I hacked off 8" 2 1/2 years ago & am contemplating growing it back. Of course, when summer arrives, I'll wanna chop it all off, but right now, I'd love my uber-long hair back.

Originally Posted by keaLoha Sadly Jasmine, as you get older, EVERYTHING changes. My hair is much shinier, but also wavier than it was 10 years ago while in my 20s.
Take pictures of it b/c I wanna see your long hair before you cut it all off. I hacked off 8" 2 1/2 years ago & am contemplating growing it back. Of course, when summer arrives, I'll wanna chop it all off, but right now, I'd love my uber-long hair back.

I haven't seen my waist length hair since I was about 7 - now I don't think it will grow past the middle of my back - well that, and I have to trim it often or I get split ends... but I loooove long hair...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha

Sadly Jasmine, as you get older, EVERYTHING changes. My hair is much shinier, but also wavier than it was 10 years ago while in my 20s.

Yes I have always been a fan of LONG hair. Love it!

ill be sure to post some pics before i cut it, i promise.
smile.gif

ive been all excited to donate to locks of love, but some girl at MUA told me that it was a scam. she said that they end up selling most of the hair for hollywood wigs or some crap, and that only a small portion of it goes to make wigs for kids with cancer. she also said that they make the kids pay for the wigs. well, i didnt think that they got them for free! its a service. im sure they get some sort of discount, and its good that they have a hair source specifically for this.

i dont know if what she said is true at all, but looking it up online is on my list of things to do.

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse ill be sure to post some pics before i cut it, i promise.
smile.gif

ive been all excited to donate to locks of love, but some girl at MUA told me that it was a scam. she said that they end up selling most of the hair for hollywood wigs or some crap, and that only a small portion of it goes to make wigs for kids with cancer. she also said that they make the kids pay for the wigs. well, i didnt think that they got them for free! its a service. im sure they get some sort of discount, and its good that they have a hair source specifically for this.

i dont know if what she said is true at all, but looking it up online is on my list of things to do.

At my friends salon - they did the Locks of Love program, and if you donated, the foundation who is also supported by Matrix, gave you this really cool tote bag too! They were so cute! From what I gathered, the program is not a scam at all... I know several people that donated... and usually the program is backed by several haircare companies... so it is a charity. I've also seen many information sites and literature on it - and they'll show you kids that have gotten wigs from them - thank you cards, etc etc. From what I know its totally legit - and I didn't think they paid for the wigs either ... From what I've heard the $ that is collected from sponsors pays any expenses, and the kids get the wigs for free. Usually the parents end up giving $ as a donation.. but I don't think there is a fee for them.
icon_wink.gif

thats what i thought. i cant find anything legitimate the says its a scam. at my job, i handle documenting and shipping the locks of love hair. they provide cards where the donors can write personal messages, and they really warm my heart.

my hair is kind of wavy, but not that much. anyways, any time I color it, and I use Natural Instincts semi-perm color, it does straighten out my hair for the first week or two. But my hair is weird like that anyways
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back