Hair Tips & Homemade Treatments

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great tips!
icon_smile.gif

For Dry Hair:

Hair normally has a moisture content of approximately 10%. If your hair’s moisture content drops below this level the key is to increase the hair’s ability of attract and retain moisture. This is accomplished by using moisturizers. Good one have "humectants" that not only replace lost moisture but actually attract moisture and retain it in the cortex of the hair. Essential fatty aids (EFA’s) are great moisturizers. One of the best and most cost effective essential fatty acids is safflower oil. It is the kind you can buy to cook with. It is rich in EFA’s. The scalp produces the best EFA’s called sebum. The problems is once the hair grows past the neck line or does not have direct contact with the scalp the scalps natural oils can not be utilized throughout the hair shaft. At this point you can manually replace the lost EFA’s by:

[*]Placing 1 or 2 drops of safflower oil in your palms and rub them together.

[*]There should only be enough to make your hands "shine" in the light.

[*]Carefully take your hair (while dry) and "scrunch" the small amount of oil to the ENDS first and work toward the scalp.

[*]Leave this in your hair.

[*]1-2 drops of safflower oil on dry hair is so small, you won’t notice it is there. By doing the above as often as necessary, will ensure your dry hair will have the proper amount of humectants to attract and retain moisture. The key is a small amount will go a long way.

For Frizzy Hair:

If you have frizzy hair, please read Dry Hair (above) first. Frizzy hair, whether you have fine thin hair or thick course hair is usually due to a lack of moisture and lack of protein in the cortical layers of the hair. You can solve your problem with the frizzies with a silicone oil product made for frizzy hair, buy we prefer to solve the problem rather than treat the symptoms. Here is how:

[*]Do the same process in Dry Hair (above) first. This step will ensure a proper moisture balance.

[*]We have a special product for frizzy hair on special seeNO MORE FRIZZ - Shape Up Mist

For Permed Hair:

If you have permed hair, please read Dry Hair (above) first. Permanent wave solution robs the hair of EFA’s. It is important to take the steps above mentioned in "dry hair" to combat this problem. Also, a key step in maintaining a permament wave is to add electrolyes to the cortical layer and close the cuticle with a pH of less than 4.0. You can do this easily by :

[*]Do the same process in Dry Hair (above) first. This step will ensure a proper moisture balance.

[*]You may consider taking Fast Grow Hair Formula prior, during and after the perming process to ensure strong hair.

For Color Treated Hair:

If you have color treated hair, please read Dry Hair (above) first. When you have your hair color treated , the peroxide "oxidizes" your hair as is true with permed hair. The result is the same. Dry … dull hair. To solve this problem:

[*]You may consider taking Fast Grow Hair Formula prior, during and after the coloring process to ensure strong hair.

For Relaxed Hair:

If you have relaxed hair, please read Dry Hair (above) first. If you have relaxed hair, please read Dry Hair (above) first. Relaxers rob the hair of EFA’s. It is important to take the steps above mentioned in "dry hair" to combat this problem. Also, a key step for relaxed hair is correcting the damage that was done during the processing. Relaxers are the most damaging of all chemical processes to the hair. You can do this easily by :

[*]You may consider taking Fast Grow Hair Formula prior, during and after the relaxing process to ensure strong hair.

Help!!!!! I have the crazy frizzes, but only on the front of my hair
frown.gif
. I tried everything from the most expensive to the home remedies. and nothing seems to help. I rub grapeseed oil or African grow for now but my hair seems to look oily most of the time. I have curly to wavy hair and I dye the roots every three weeks due to severe premature graying. I was told you shouldn't was your hair but once a week. Any truth to that? I welcome any advice.

Wow!!!!Thanks for all the great ideas people go to the trouble of letting us guys know about.

I've also heard to get rid of the static, rub a fabric softener sheet like Bounce down your hair.

here is a stimulator, my mom, her hair fell out and I mixed up some ingredients olive oil, lecithin, vitamin e, and honey heat it up not hot but warm and keep on your hair as long as you like its also great for shine but really its a hot oil treatment to me, and my mothers hair is down to mid back till this day this stuff works. also I usually mix a conditioner with mayo, eggs. honey. vitamin e. olive. and blend in some mint to wake up the scalp, sometimes I use different plants like aloe, and green tea also for waking up the scalp. also ginseng all of them a fam recipe. i use on my clients and i get superb results

one thing i use is 1 part mouthwash 3 part water i wash my hair, pour it and massage it, then i wash again... it shines sooo much, it last for days too

i love adding mashed avocado with a few tablespoons of olive oil into my hair for about 30 minutes. after it is rinsed out, my hair is luxuriously soft and shiny!!

Back