Haircare: What would you like to receive (or give) this holiday season?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings Makeup Talk members!

That time of the year is fast approaching! You know what we’re talking about: the time you start making holiday shopping lists and rack your brains on what to buy for your loved one. Or when you daydream about what you would like Santa to bring you this year - and don’t you want to evoke a reaction like this?

This is why we, the team at Makeup Talk, have come up with a plan to help you find guidance and inspiration for the upcoming holiday shopping madness. We’re planning to publish a useful and well-researched gift guide covering the following areas:

1. Makeup
  2. Makeup Brushes and Tools
  3. Sample Subscription Programs
  4. Skincare
  5. Hair
  6. Nails
  7. Body and Fragrance
But we need your help! Here’s how your invaluable expertise with beauty products can come into play:

• Think of a product in each of these categories that you’ve been using and really love. Think of whether you’d like to gift it to someone you love (or you secretly want it for yourself.)
  • Leave a comment in this thread on why you love that particular product or go to any one the other threads listed above. We encourage your feedback in more than one category but if time’s not on your side, we’re happy to get your input in at least the area you feel most knowledgeable or passionate about.
We’ll then use some of our magic techie tools to compile your feedback into a comprehensive holiday gift outline. And best of all: we’ll give credit in the final piece to those of you who contributed a lot.

If you’d like to get notified when the guide comes out, subscribe to this thread or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Thank you all in advance and really looking forward to your posts!

Best,
Zadidoll
Makeup Talk Community Manager

These are what I would love to find in my stocking:

Essence Lip Stay lip gloss, Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara

Makeup sponges

Oil free sun screen

Coconut Oil, Tresemme shampoo, Pantene conditioner

1 inch flat iron

Essie nail polish

Razors

Things I'd love for Christmas... 1. Mini flat Iron 2. Amika products... Love the Obli..whatever lol.. mask, oil treatment.. or Gloss Moderne! 3. Macadamia products 4. Travel Shampoo/conditioner sets..maybe just conditioner, because I'm trialling the no poo method at the moment. 5. Twistbands... I'm loving the lace ones sent in the September BB! Their headbands would be good, too. 6. Cute hair clips, headbands, or related items with animal or funky prints, flowers..

I'm seconding the Amika recommendation.  I am obsessed with the Obliphica Oil Treatment.  Another hair oil I love is Alterna Kendi Oil.  Both oils smell amazing and work wonders on my hair.  Also, both are offered in little travel kits, which are perfect for gifting!

I sooo want some more of the twist bands. The lace ones in Birchbox are cheesy, but cute. I really want the monthly subscription for the Twistbands things that they have now.

I need a good quality Flat Iron, I currently have a cheapie 14.00 one from Walmart and need a new one.

Latest posts

Back