Haircut/Style advice Req..*important*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there girls, i am desperate for some advice please. I have an important event 'an interview' in about 2 weeks time and am desperate to get something done with my hair. I would like to get a new haircut and to actually get it styled but i would really appreciate some advice. I quite like having my hair long, it's waist length at the moment, and recently ive been plaiting it to make it look nice and wavy. I just need to do something with it. I was thinking i should get a fringe cut in again as i have it grown out at the moment. If anyone has any suggestion's i would be very grateful.

Thanksx

PS, for anyone who happen's to watch bb i like Sam's haircut.It is different and quite 'funky and sharp' I like that style!

sam_hp.jpg

Hi doll
wink.gif
I was considering getting a haircut as well, my hair is down my back too, i like long layers,so this way there is some movement but i still have the length.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Im sure once Janelle is on she will have some great ideas!
biggrin.gif

xGwen

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hi doll
wink.gif
I was considering getting a haircut as well, my hair is down my back too, i like long layers,so this way there is some movement but i still have the length.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Im sure once Janelle is on she will have some great ideas!
biggrin.gif

xGwen

Thanks Doll, i hope so.
icon_wink.gif
I am really looking forward to getting a new hairstyle. Like yourself Janelle has goregous hair and a beautiful face too. Ive always liked to hide my face behind my hair, probably as ime quite shy so ide like to keep the length. Gwen, your hair's stunning! i want your blonde hair!
wink.gif
What Kind of style were you thinking of getting?
icon_question.gif

Thank you Pauline,your too sweet
icon_cheesygrin.gif
you do not need to hide behind your hair,your face is beautiful,but i agree with saving some of the length,Your hair is really pretty and thick looking.
biggrin.gif
Do you normally wear it straight or curly?

Originally Posted by Charmaine Hi Pauline, I can't really help with your hair since I don't know much about hair, butif you are planning on cutting a lot, you can look into donating the hair that got cut to something like Locks For Love. I don't know if they have that particular one in the UK, but I think it would be a great idea.
Thats great idea Charmaine,i think i saw a montel show where these women did that and the children who got the wigs were so happy.Forget it me and my husband were teary eyed,even though he said it was allergies
icon_wink.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine That's so cute! I sure hope your husband doesn't find MuT and sees you talking about his "sensitive side"..LOL! ooops
icon_twisted.gif

Well i tell you what,he actually seen my thread about him not wearing his wedding band,and he has been wearing it since.MUT ROCKS it was good for him to see how real women feel.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Oh that is AWESOME!!! I remember someone suggested that to you and I'm so glad that it worked!
Thanks girlie,so am I. I love being able to talk to all of the women here everyday,you learn new helpful things,MUT IS LIKE CHOCLATE CAKE,LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi Gwen, Charmaine and Elise! Thanks for all your help.
icon_smile.gif
Well, i always wear my hair down generally during the day,but i often put it up into a bun or wear it in a pony tail. Usually if i am going out i blow dry it upside down to give it volume or have it wavy.Right now i have it taken back off my face in a sort of loose bun.

That's a great idea about donating it to locks of love.There is a charity here in the UK similar to that.

My hair is a fine to medium texure, thicker at the top and finer at the ends.

Its generally straight hair with a slight wave. My neighbour popped in to night and said Pauline is that your hair! I said Yes of course, she said it;s long! I thought so it is and it needs cut and chopped and styled!

If you want to keep it long, you should probably have it back or up for a business job interview no matter what cut it is ... now if it's an interview for something like a makeup artist position maybe they have different "rules"
wink.gif

If you want to cut a lot off, I think if it's about shoulder-length or shorter you could wear it down for an interview ... my hair is shoulder-length but due to the layers and the low hairline on my forehead I can't get it back into a ponytail, so I'll have to wear it down for an interview
wink.gif
(And I'll need to start interviewing soon, I graduate in December!)

I'm not sure of any specific style ideas for you ... what length do you want to get it cut to? Do you want to keep it long or cut a lot off? (By the way Locks for Love requires that you cut at least 10 inches off to donate it.) That might help us come up with some more ideas for you!

I would recommend cutting at least several inches off ... I used to have hair down to my waist and the ends were kind of thin, and then I cut it to about half-way down my back and my hair looked twice as thick and healthy since I cut all those ends off! And then I did a better job of keeping it trimmed to keep it looking good ... and of course now it's short enough that I trim it every month to keep it the right length
wink.gif
Also I already look younger than my age and I think my shorter hair helps make me look a little older and more professional -- long hair made me look too much like a high school student or sophomore sorority girl or something!

Originally Posted by girl_geek If you want to keep it long, you should probably have it back or up for a business job interview no matter what cut it is ... now if it's an interview for something like a makeup artist position maybe they have different "rules"
wink.gif

If you want to cut a lot off, I think if it's about shoulder-length or shorter you could wear it down for an interview ... my hair is shoulder-length but due to the layers and the low hairline on my forehead I can't get it back into a ponytail, so I'll have to wear it down for an interview
wink.gif
(And I'll need to start interviewing soon, I graduate in December!)

I'm not sure of any specific style ideas for you ... what length do you want to get it cut to? Do you want to keep it long or cut a lot off? (By the way Locks for Love requires that you cut at least 10 inches off to donate it.) That might help us come up with some more ideas for you!

I would recommend cutting at least several inches off ... I used to have hair down to my waist and the ends were kind of thin, and then I cut it to about half-way down my back and my hair looked twice as thick and healthy since I cut all those ends off! And then I did a better job of keeping it trimmed to keep it looking good ... and of course now it's short enough that I trim it every month to keep it the right length
wink.gif
Also I already look younger than my age and I think my shorter hair helps make me look a little older and more professional -- long hair made me look too much like a high school student or sophomore sorority girl or something!

Yes, these are Fantastic idea's, thanks! I would like to keep a bit of length as i do like having long hair. I agree having it cut will make it look strong and healthy. I am thinking of shoulder length with a fringe perhaps, still not 100% sure.

What did everyone think of the photo of Sam's hair? I am not sure what kind of cut that is??

Originally Posted by Pauline
sam_hp.jpg
I personally would never wear this hairstyle ... I do like being in style and having slightly modern or trendy cuts (i.e. no poofy 80's bangs or anything!) but this is just too much for me!
Plus it seems too trendy for a conservative office, although maybe it would be fine for some jobs ... but you could probably pin the front part back so it would look like a more "normal" haircut when you wanted it to
wink.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Thanks girlie,so am I. I love being able to talk to all of the women here everyday,you learn new helpful things,MUT IS LIKE CHOCLATE CAKE,LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
only you dont get fat from it
biggrin.gif

Hey Chicks! Sorry I wasn't on earlier... had a bit of an errand spree today - almost got everything done... only thing I couldn't get to was my eye doctor for my yearly exam so that I can order more contact lenses. (They were closed
icon_frown.gif
) but... I'm back for the evening... to help with all your hair woes!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Pauline, my darling... if your hair is that long... cutting it short is going to be a shock for you - unless its what you REALLY want. I personally would kill to have my hair that long, and would only trim it.
wink.gif
But then again, mine grows at a snails pace... so I couldn't even imagine !
icon_cheesygrin.gif

+

ok - I leave my pc for a second... and apparently Leo closed the reply window out on me!!
icon_eek.gif
Anyway! If you want to keep the length... you can always add those tried n' true layers or some angles, and that will give you some body and some style, in case you want to flip or curl the ends, or if you wear it wavy (it will have some more body & will probably be a little wavier because the weight will be gone) but if your hair is that long... IMO I"d leave it long - just because I think super long hair is SO pretty!!! and it looks so good on you!!! If you want 'beachy' waves, John Freida's "sea waves" spray is pretty cool... gives you texture and that "I came from the beach look"... I got a bottle, and it works pretty well!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 ok - I leave my pc for a second... and apparently Leo closed the reply window out on me!!
icon_eek.gif
Anyway! If you want to keep the length... you can always add those tried n' true layers or some angles, and that will give you some body and some style, in case you want to flip or curl the ends, or if you wear it wavy (it will have some more body & will probably be a little wavier because the weight will be gone) but if your hair is that long... IMO I"d leave it long - just because I think super long hair is SO pretty!!! and it looks so good on you!!! If you want 'beachy' waves, John Freida's "sea waves" spray is pretty cool... gives you texture and that "I came from the beach look"... I got a bottle, and it works pretty well!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
WOW thanks NYAngel, these suggestions are good.I am getting some good pictures in my mind from all the suggestions! Thanks everyone
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Now that Janelle, i like!!!!!
biggrin.gif
sorry make that LOVE!

Thanks to everyone for all their help and advice.I have my appointment this Thursday.

I love that too - now if only my hair would look like that!!! lol
wink.gif
Be sure to post us pics of your new do' on Friday!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Pauline Now that Janelle, i like!!!!!
biggrin.gif
sorry make that LOVE! Thanks to everyone for all their help and advice.I have my appointment this Thursday.

Ps... I think Tom might like that too
wink.gif
LOL

Latest posts

Back