Hairstyle for humidity?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Please help! I have a wedding to go to this weekend but it's going to be very humid out, so straightening my hair is a waste of time. I have wavy hair, so it can go either straight or kinda curly (not my favorite), but I want to wear it half up-half down because of the nice earrings I have to match the dress. Any tips on how to pin it up that would last the whole day? I don't mind straightening it if once it starts to poof up a little, I can keep it up away from my face in a somewhat formal hairstyle in back....maybe a decorative pin??

Does anyone have any suggestions for nice-looking formal hairstyles when it's super humid out?

Originally Posted by Miriam44 Please help! I have a wedding to go to this weekend but it's going to be very humid out, so straightening my hair is a waste of time. I have wavy hair, so it can go either straight or kinda curly (not my favorite), but I want to wear it half up-half down because of the nice earrings I have to match the dress. Any tips on how to pin it up that would last the whole day? I don't mind straightening it if once it starts to poof up a little, I can keep it up away from my face in a somewhat formal hairstyle in back....maybe a decorative pin?? Does anyone have any suggestions for nice-looking formal hairstyles when it's super humid out?

Welcome to MakeupTalk, Miriam! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Honestly I would either go with a pretty clip - or if you don't have that... some kind of style with small rubber bands to make pony tails will definitely last and keep everything back off your face. You can make a few small ponies at the back of your head, and then swirl the hair around and pin it into a cute little bun or chignon. I usually do something like that when I know I need it to last - because they will stay in all day. HTH!
icon_wink.gif

Sounds like we have really similar hair! I dont really style my hair a lot, but here's what I would probably do: Wash hair, put in curling product, scrunch, and then pull back the top layer with a clip. Then spray and let it dry that way, scrunching every once in a while. This usually controls the frizz of the top layer and also for me anyway, the bottom layers of my hair are really curly while the top layer is sorta wavier so pulling it together makes my hair look curlier. Its not formal I guess, but you could pull some hair out around your face and curl them to make it look a bit nicer.

I would suggest being very generous with a frizz serum or gel containing silicone, used on very wet hair before styling. Then the moisture from the humidity should be sealed out. This works for curly/wavy or straight styles. Sebastian Laminates is great, for a less expensive one try Frizz Ease.

Back