Hairy eyebrows problem and natural make up for prominent features

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, as you can see I'm all made up in my avatar and I've been having the hardest time finding my foundation shade because, in spite of having flawless skin for most of my life I suffered from chronic skin allergies and the area around my mouth became darker than the rest. This time I determinedly made the girl at the counter pull out everything and settled for Chambor, because the others weren't yellow enough and beiges just make me look grey! Anyway I've been exploring make up but in depth only recently, and have a few problems I can't figure out alone:

1) As you can see my eyebrows are pretty hairy but not shapeless, but intend to keep them that way and not do any plucking, my only problem is they go all over the place after a while. Is there a gel or something I can get to keep them in place?

2) I've kohled my lower waterline in my photo, however doing my lower waterline make my eyes look ginormous because the curve is so round, I don't want to frighten people away. It there any way to emphasize the curve over one's lower eyes without scaring people and looking overdone? I'm trying to go for a more natural look because even a little bit of make up, including lipstick makes me look overdone, especially in photos. Biege lipsticks are a bad idea unless I slap on a lot of concealer and foundation. Any videos, etc for yellow complexions that can guide me?

Appreciate the help.

Hi Noir, and welcome!

There are a variety of brow gels that you can purchase to keep your brows looking neat. Mine are similar to yours in terms of thickness, and I use a Mary Kay brow gel that keeps any stray hairs in place. Browse through some product reviews :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Have you tried using a softer-colored liner on your waterline? Maybe a light brown eyeliner? That will emphasize the curve of your eyes without looking too prominent.

Hope this helps!

There are plenty of brow gels and clear mascaras to try for your brows.

I am a little confused on what you said about your eyes and the waterline- usually, when you use dark eyeliner (like you used in your photo) onn the waterline, there is an illusion of the eyes becoming smaller, just like wearing dark clothes makes you look thinner. Using a liner that's too light makes the eyes look bigger. I'd suggest a brown eyeliner that is very slightly a shade darker than your skin. I hope that helps!

Thank you for your feedback, I'm going to try the clear mascara because that's my closest option right now (why didn't I think of it?) Any way here's a picture of me in which I just happened to be looking up, I'm not even widening my eyes. I've read the same thing about darkening my waterline supposed to make your eyes look smaller, and I'm Indian so a bit kohl/kajal is actually a part of ones daily sans-chemical make up routine, but since my eyes react badly to anything besides Shahnaz kajal, I can vouch for it being 100% chemical free....er...where was I? Yes, my photo! Don't I look a bit mad? 

Hurray, after a lot of experimenting and money spent I finally settled on a non-scary look I can count on that doesn't make me look overdone. Now I can just vary the look according to the palette. Anyone want to know how I finally settled on a look let me know.

PS- YAY!!WOOOHOOOYIPEEEE!!!!

Back