Hands aging faster than the rest of me!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay ladies, I freely admit that I negelect my hands much more than any other part of my body. This means that they look older than the rest of me.

What can I do to give them a special treat?

I don't want to have a manicure (because that means a beatician telling me how bad my hands are and trying to sell me stuff).

I just want good honest advice, and recommendations of a good handcream.

you should never worry about what people say or think when it comes to pampering yourself. i think a soak in some warm rose water (with the roses), push the cuticles back gently with an orange stick soaked in vitamin e oil, a great hand and arm massage, a parrifin dip and warm mittens, followed by an amazing moisturizer with an spf 30. make sure you use a sunscreen everyday from now on. now you could do it yourself, but it's so much more relaxing when someone does it for you! man, i just made myself want on of these treatments for myself!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
this is a link to a product line that i like alot. hope it helps!

http://www.dermae.net/cgi-bin/fccgi....N=0200ea&WHICH=

I got a free gift of the mary kay satin hands kit (it comes with a night cream, exfoliator, gel, and lotion) and I love it!!! you do these 4 steps, and then you have the prettiest, smoothest hands!

I was given Clarins Hand & Nail Treatment Cream as a pressie a few months back & i've been using it daily since. I love it & will definitely buy it when i run out. It keeps my hands so soft. I've never tried Trisha's idea but i've heard it mentioned lots in magazines so give that a try! You can do it on your feet too.. apply cream liberally, thin cotton socks and go to bed!

Thanks for all of the advice ladies. I think I'm going to go out and see if I can find a hand cream I can use everyday with SPF in it, and another more nourishing one for night. I already have gloves (if I can find them), I'll let you all know how it works out.

Oh I forgot!! why don't you try microdermabrasion on your hands??? if you can use it on your face, why cant you use it on your hands?? So if you have loreal's, neutrogena's, etc, I would try it!!! i think this would probably be very effective cause these kits are designed to take away some aging!

Originally Posted by jennyb Oh I forgot!! why don't you try microdermabrasion on your hands??? That's what I was planning to do. I was going to try some of the L'oreal samples I keep getting in magazines to see how it worked, or maybe Origins modern friction. If it works on my face it should work on my hands.
I've found an intensive handcream by the body shop in my drawer so I'll use that up before i buy anymore. I think I need a good one with SPF for everyday.

good, i'm glad you have a bunch of samples ,you're a smart cookie! just be careful with modern friction, im a paulas choice freak now (thanks to mut) and she (paula) does reviews on other products and she gave modern friction a bad review b/c she said there are a lot of irritants, such as peppermint, etc. in the stuff. but it might be fine for your hands. that made me sad, b/c i love origins, but now i cant try it b/c now i know of the bad review and something bad will happen to my face if i try it (i hope that makes sense, if i find out thats bad about a product, if i use it, i dont see good results, it's a pschological thing). i'm a weirdo, i know
icon_evil.gif
. some girls liked the stuff on mut. but one girl had a reaction with a warming sensation on her face, and i think she returned it. anyways, hopefully you are not as impatient as i am with the glove thing, i wore gloves for an hour last night, and then i chucked them on my floor b/c i felt like i was suffocating. but my hands do feel nice this morning!!

That's so weird, I think Modern friction is really gentle compared to loads of other brands I've used.

I tried the l'oreal stuff just and my hands feel softer, which is good, but I suppose it'll take a while before they look any better.

yeah, the review said that it has irritants, and i guess that's ironic b/c i think it uses rice starch which is better b/c it is much more gentle than the other brands that use crystals. so i guess it's all the other stuff that make it smell pretty, etc. (which i'm sure it does feel good and smell good) that make it bad. i'm glad youre hands feel better, you probably wont see results till the amount of time you would see results on your face???

I agree with Trisha...any kind of rich cream and just put some gloves over it at night. I do the same thing with my feet-just slather on the cream and throw some socks over them while I sleep.

I would also say to use a hand cream every time after you wash your hands as soaps and water can dry the hands out, and you need to put the moisture back in. Also try to use a handcream with an SPF, as has already been mentioned.

I love the Decleor handcream at the moment - it also works on age spots!!

And the original L'occitane one is a great night time intensive cream that works wonders on dry hands.

I love to use "Dior Mains Protective Nourishing Hand Cream:" its a bit expensive, but it is an excellent hand cream-- it contains SPF in it too!

Ahava hand cream is wonderful. Also try warming some olive oil and put some sugar in it and rub it all over your hands (feet too). Works wonders!

Hi Lealabell, They say you can always tell the age of a woman by her hands. My advice to you is to treat your hands with tlc from now on in. All those lovely treats with parafinn wax and exfoliating are great idea's and really make a difference.Even a good hand massage makes the skin look better. I always use and handcream (with SPF)or my face creams on my hands daily and nightly and I moisturise my hands inbetween. Ive always spent good money on hand creams over the years and i really think it's a great idea to look after them just like your face.Even your nails will look great and get stronger. Ive always loved handcreams. I especially like LOcitaine's Shea Butter handcream.What a treat
icon_cheesygrin.gif

CREATIVE NAILS HAND CREAM IS EXCELLENT

Originally Posted by Lealabell Okay ladies, I freely admit that I negelect my hands much more than any other part of my body. This means that they look older than the rest of me.
What can I do to give them a special treat?

I don't want to have a manicure (because that means a beatician telling me how bad my hands are and trying to sell me stuff).

I just want good honest advice, and recommendations of a good handcream.

I use Crabtree and Evelyn Hand Therapy. It comes in lots of scents and it's not that expensive. Works really nice on my nails as well. There are stores in Canada but since it's made in Great Britain, I'm sure there are stores there also. Haven't seen any in the U.S. so I buy online or have my Mom bring some when she visits.

Lea, I bet you are being too hard on yourself. I bet your hands look just fine. But definitely use a nice hand cream. I personally have trouble wearing the gloves at night, they drive me nuts, I need my hands free at night. I used to try the socks too, but those don't work either, they fly off me too. HAHAHA. Just use the great advice of the girls on here and don't be so darn critical of yourself.

Latest posts

Back