Hands up.. who picks!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whew...how gross....I think Im gonna puke....lol
eek.gif

I used to be a big time picker/squeezer! But no more...can't do it with these acrylic nails on. They're too thick or something. Every so often I'll try it with the sides of my fingers, and some tissue. But only if it's a really painful zit thats come to a head and needs to be put out of it's misery! I have the Tweezerman extractor tool, and I don't like it. It doesn't work. I press and press those blackheads, and nothing comes out, I just get an imprint of the tool on my face. And what exactly is the loop end for??
icon_frown.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam I have the Tweezerman extractor tool, and I don't like it. It doesn't work. I press and press those blackheads, and nothing comes out, I just get an imprint of the tool on my face. And what exactly is the loop end for??
icon_frown.gif
you're supposed to leave your face in steam for about 10 mins. or so, like boil water in a big pot and put your head over it with a towel. you know what i mean. that'll "open" your pores and then you can extract them. did you try it like that?

You know, I didn't. And I should know better!
icon_redface.gif
Thanks for the reminder! DUH! I shall try tonight!!!

Originally Posted by glamslam I press and press those blackheads, and nothing comes out, I just get an imprint of the tool on my face. LMAO!!
icon_lol.gif
my god - you guys are crackin' me up tonight! I know exactly what you mean Jess! A round indent with a tiny raised bump in the center! LOL

I do that! I'm always checking my skin out and I do that to blackheads too and I know you are not suppose to but I do it anyway. In Finland they say it's ok if you prep your skin before and after and steam your face to open the pores. Do it like a mini facial at home and then it's ok. I used to do that when I lived in Finland but I'm lazy now and only pick my skin without all the before and after prep work.

Originally Posted by K*O* whew...how gross....I think Im gonna puke....lol
eek.gif
PMSL! Sorry Karen
icon_lol.gif

i have two cystic type ones that are bugging the hell out of me.
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by lizzyb831

i have two cystic type ones that are bugging the hell out of me.
icon_cry.gif

Liz, I get those cystic type ones, they are fucked. How can one keep from getting those. I don't have any right now, but oh boy, I have before.

yes, any advice please! i've been putting the drying lotion on them, even when i first saw it coming in, and it still came. one looks like i've got a freakin horn coming in my forehead! LOL

OMG am I the only one who doesn´t pick?? I feel so left out *lol*

I´ve never done it I think. when I have a whitehead I take a needle, sterilize it and gently poke it into the whitehead and squeeze the stuff out with a tissue

the only thing I do is whenever a pimple has healed and there is a little scab (hope I used the right word, I looked it up in the dictionary *g*) I scratch it.

but I HAVE to get the tweezerman extractor sooner or later. I think I´ll have my friend in the US get one and send it to me cause I can´t wait till I get to come over and buy one myself. hope that stuff works!!!

Originally Posted by Arielle

OMG am I the only one who doesn´t pick?? I feel so left out *lol*I´ve never done it I think. when I have a whitehead I take a needle, sterilize it and gently poke it into the whitehead and squeeze the stuff out with a tissue

the only thing I do is whenever a pimple has healed and there is a little scab (hope I used the right word, I looked it up in the dictionary *g*) I scratch it.

but I HAVE to get the tweezerman extractor sooner or later. I think I´ll have my friend in the US get one and send it to me cause I can´t wait till I get to come over and buy one myself. hope that stuff works!!!

Your English is superb! Yes you used to right word. Good job

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Your English is superb! Yes you used to right word. Good job thanks buddy, that´s what I like to hear *blushing*you gotta love www.leo.org (online dictionary) !! they even have the dirty words
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle OMG am I the only one who doesn´t pick?? I feel so left out *lol*I´ve never done it I think. when I have a whitehead I take a needle, sterilize it and gently poke it into the whitehead and squeeze the stuff out with a tissue

Don't worry at all, your English is excellent!! I'm really impressed.

Originally Posted by Liz i have two cystic type ones that are bugging the hell out of me.
icon_cry.gif
. My mom gets those cystic ones which bug the hell out of her.She wont even wait for them to try to dissaper ,she goes straight to the derm. and he injects them suckers!

Originally Posted by nydoll23 My mom gets those cystic ones which bug the hell out of her.She wont even wait for them to try to dissaper ,she goes straight to the derm. and he injects them suckers! injects them with what?

Originally Posted by Liz injects them with what? I think cortisone(dont know if i spelled that right) She says it makes them go down right away.
icon_twisted.gif

Back