Has anybody tried Avon Lip Miracle yet?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am very tempted but am curious to hear experiences. Long wearing lipsticks have never worked out well for me---drying/flaky and colors look like magic marker. But lip miracle looks different to me, and if I could find a maintenence free lippie to get me through the day I'd be thrilled.

Originally Posted by CWHF I am very tempted but am curious to hear experiences. Long wearing lipsticks have never worked out well for me---drying/flaky and colors look like magic marker. But lip miracle looks different to me, and if I could find a maintenence free lippie to get me through the day I'd be thrilled. No,Haven't tried yet but I was about to order a couple..Found an Avon book in my mailbox(evil Avon lady) and these caught my eye

Originally Posted by CWHF I am very tempted but am curious to hear experiences. Long wearing lipsticks have never worked out well for me---drying/flaky and colors look like magic marker. But lip miracle looks different to me, and if I could find a maintenence free lippie to get me through the day I'd be thrilled. Hi CWHF,I have not tried Avon's lip miracle yet so I can't provide info there. However, a while back, I posted this article which might be helpful to you:

-Real Women Try Long-Lasting Lipsticks-

Which lipstick truly stays put all day long? Women tested 15 brands of long-lasting lipstick from morning to night to find the cream of the crop.

Here's the SHORT version of what they liked based on a scale of 1-10 (1=worst, 10=best)

Brand/Overall Score

1. Avon Perfect Wear All-Day Comfort Lipstick ($8) Score: 6

2. Christian Dior Diorific Long-wearing True Color Lipstick ($23) Score: 6.5

3. Clarins Le Rouge Lipstick ($20) Score: 6.5

4. Clinique Long Last Soft Shine Lipstick ($13.50) Score: 6

5. Cover Girl Continous Color Lipstick ($4.99) Score: 7.5

6. Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick ($22) Score: 6.5

7. Lancome Rouge Attraction Lasting Impact LipColour ($20) Score: 7.5

8. L'Oreal Colour Endure Lipstick ($9.50) Score: 6.5

9. Max Factor Lipfinity Everlites ($9.40) Score: 7.5

10. Maybelline Forever Lipstick ($6.99) Score: 4

11. NARS Lip Stain Gloss ($20) Score: 7.5

12. NYC New York Color Long Wearing Lipstick ($1.99) Score: 7

13. Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor ($8.99) Score: 2

14. Tarte 24/7 Lip Sheer ($16) Score: 6.5

15. Vincent Longo Lip Stain ($21) Score: 4.5

Summary:

Best Long-Lasting:

It's a four-way tie between the pricier Lancome Rouge Attraction Lasting Impact LipColour ($20) and Nars Lip Stain Gloss ($20) and the less expensive Cover Girl Continous Color Lipstick ($4.99) and Max Factor Lipfinity Everlites Lipstick ($9.40). All retained rich color with minimal touch-ups (although none seemed to completely solve the problem of dry lips).

Worst Long-Lasting:

Revlon Colorstay Lipcolor ($8.99) faded after only two to three hours -- and left lips parched to boot.

Best Value:

With a score of 7 (compared to our winners' 7.5), cheapie brand NYC New York Color Long Wearing Lipstick ($1.99) is a deal! The lipstick, available at drugstores nationwide, retained some color all day long and didn't dry out lips. Touch up after meals to keep that freshly applied look.

MA TIPS:

Exfoliate. Long-lasting lipstick tends to show a lot of flaws. Put a petroleum jelly, like Vaseline, all over your lips and then gently scrub off with a washcloth, which can be damp or dry depending on your preference.

Use lip liner. Select a lip liner that matches your lip tone. This will always make your lips look more natural.

Loose powder. Dip a cotton bud in loose face powder. Running this over your lip line helps smudge out the liner. The powder dries out all your natural oils and keeps your lipstick from traveling outside your lips.

Apply. Apply your long-lasting lipstick only once. Do not put powder on top.

Winner Pics:

ss_nars.jpg
Nars

ss_Lancome.jpg
Lancome

ss_CoverGirl.jpg
CoverGirl

ss_maxfactorlipfinity.jpg
Max Factor

Best of luck,

Cali

<!-- / message -->