Has anyone tried Mineral Make Up?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new and this is my 1st post, so bear with me. Just wondering, has anyone tried mineral makeup? What brand and how do you like it?

Welcome to Mut. I have tried Bare Minerals, Aromaleigh, Jane Iredale, and a few more I can't remember the names... I like mineral mu and the best way is to get samples. I also read here a few days ago that Alpha Skincare Mineral mu is great too. Good luck.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by terkopp5 Hi all! I'm new and this is my 1st post, so bear with me. Just wondering, has anyone tried mineral makeup? What brand and how do you like it?

Welcome to MakeUpTalk! I'm Laura, one of the super mods on here. If you need help with anything on the site just shout.

I have & use BE in the evenings when i'm just chilling out with friends and not doing anything special and i like it a lot (when applied correctly!). I use Estee Lauder Double Wear to work because it lasts longer on my combi skin & offers more coverage. There are lots of mineral make up users on here so hopefully the girls will be able to help you out
biggrin.gif

PS. I edited the title of your thread to mention Mineral Make Up. You should get more responses that way!

I use Bare Escentuals. It's powder based, good for oily skin. I think there are some liquids out there but I haven't tried them.

Welcome to MUT

I have tried BE and Aromaleigh, and I like Aromaleigh best. You should check mineral makeup out - most places offer samples, which is the best way to try it!!

Originally Posted by Aniger86 Urm, does mineral MU means its mineral oil based? Pls correct me if I'm wrong
icon_redface.gif
No oils in mineral makeup...it's supposed to be all natural, mainly mineral ingredients...Most come in powder form, a couple of the brands have a liquid form. I love mineral makeup, you can use it so many different ways...apply it dry with a kabuki or similar brush or with a sponge, or you can make it a cream or liquid by adding water or moisturizer. I went through a mineral makeup craze a while ago and I tried every brand I could find...I hated BE...the only ones I liked were Aromaleigh(their colors aren't the greatest for more golden or yellow skintones though) Jane Iredale(their liquid and loose powder forms are better than the compacts and they have a great color selection) and my favorite right now is Alpha Skincare(great color selection, incredible coverage and the stuff stays on until you wash it off-very long lasting!)

Welcome to MUT!!! I have only tried Bare Escentuals and I broke out within an hour with a major rash. It also looked shiny on me.

Originally Posted by envymi No oils in mineral makeup...it's supposed to be all natural, mainly mineral ingredients...) Opps, silly me
icon_redface.gif
but thanx for the clarification...
So much to learn form the people at this forum
biggrin.gif

Btw, are there any other minerial based cosmetics? Those already mentioned above(other than Jane Iredale) are not available in my country...

HELLO AND WELCOME TO MAKEUPTALK.IM JENNIFER FROM NEW YORK.I HAVE BARE ESCENTUALS AND I LOVE IT.IT'S VERY NATURAL LOOKING AND GREAT ON THE SKIN AND OF COURSE NO OILS AND ITS NOT HEAVY.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back